Author Topic: Grizzlies Looking to Deal PAU GASOL...Maybe to the Bulls?  (Read 360 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Grizzlies Looking to Deal PAU GASOL...Maybe to the Bulls?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2007, 05:12:43 PM »
He's got a ticket to ride

Mark Heisler
February 4, 2007

Insiders say Memphis keeps dropping its asking price for Pau Gasol, suggesting owner Michael Heisley has told Jerry West to forget fair value and slash the payroll.

The Grizzlies reportedly asked Chicago for Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and the Knicks' No. 1 pick, which the Bulls own. Now Memphis is down to Deng or Gordon plus another young player such as Thabo Sefolosha, P.J. Brown's expiring contract and a 2009 first-rounder.

Insiders say a few losses may bring the Bulls around. They just eked out a win in Seattle to go 1-1 on this seven-game West Coast trip, so stay tuned.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 05:13:39 PM »
^^Gasol would be huge in Chicago

The Best of 3 Worlds

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »
lol, gasol for deng and some young niggas... that a rip-off, chicago has to do this
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 09:28:19 AM »
lol, gasol for deng and some young niggas... that a rip-off, chicago has to do this

Deng is better than you think, this could be a fair trade...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 04:54:24 PM »
Struggling Bulls may renew interest in Gasol

By Ronald Tillery
February 11, 2007

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Grizzlies are still entertaining trade offers for center Pau Gasol.

No deal appeared imminent as of Saturday night when the Griz played on the road against the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets. But the situation could soon change with Chicago -- the Grizzlies' preferred trade partner -- perhaps close to deciding that it needs to improve on a potential package for Gasol.

Chicago general manager John Paxson has kept a close watch on the Bulls' recent West Coast trip, using the seven-game, 14-day jaunt as a determination on whether or not to pull the trigger on a Gasol deal.

Paxson's concerns about the Bulls' ability to contend in the Eastern Conference appear to be growing. The Bulls are 2-4 (including losses at Sacramento and Golden State) on the trip heading into a game today at Phoenix.

Conventional wisdom around the Bulls suggests that Paxson has given more thought than ever to making a major move before the Feb. 22 trade deadline.

A deal sure to send Gasol packing would include P.J. Brown, Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni.

Ben Gordon reportedly is off limits.

Grizzlies interim head coach Tony Barone Sr. still owns a front-office title (director of player personnel) and remains an active part of the team's decision-making. Without talking specifics, Barone said the Griz are being patient, holding out to receive top-dollar compensation for Gasol if they swing a deal.

Team president Jerry West is on a scouting mission in Europe but working the phone.

"He's called me every day since he's been in Europe," Barone said, adding that the team is under no pressure to move Gasol. "It's going to have to be a dramatic offer that we feel is consistent with the type of player Pau is. There's not going to be a fire sale with him. Someone is going to have to prove to us that they are willing to make a deal based on value for Pau."

Bulls' players recognize Gasol's abilities, but several told the Chicago Tribune that they'd rather stand pat and allow the team's nucleus to grow.

"For whatever reason, I have a hard time believing (Paxson's) going to make a move," Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich told the newspaper. "I'm just focused on this being a huge trip for our season with the group that we have. ... We have to play well down the stretch, but we still have a good chance to win the division. That would be another step in our development."

Meanwhile, speculation about where Gasol could end up will continue to swirl around the league. Chicago, though, is the leading candidate to acquire Gasol. Boston has been diligent to no avail.

Grizzly insiders revealed that Phoenix is the Western Conference team Gasol referred to last week during an interview with Spanish media. The Suns’ All-Star forward Shawn Marion’s name apparently was mentioned in a potential trade for Gasol.

Bottom line: There’s still great interest in the Spaniard since he asked the team last month to consider trading him.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 09:05:36 PM »
They need a gasol type player if they want to get over the top in the east

The Best of 3 Worlds