Author Topic: Yo I want to holler at everyone on a personal note  (Read 348 times)

infinite59

Yo I want to holler at everyone on a personal note
« on: October 18, 2001, 10:14:46 PM »
Since ya'll are my homies.  I wanted to holler at you about something I decided today.

I believe in self-education.  But I don't believe in school.  But I need money to live, so I keep working at it and failing.  I've been in school now for a real-estate liscence, trying to try something different, because it's only a two week class.  But I can't even do that shit.  My mind is spaced out, I've been escaping with my mind since I was a youngsta.  Anyway, hip-hop is my way of coping with my life.  So I decided that's going to be my carear.  That and writing.  Which those two things go hand in hand.  

So I'm just going to be a trashman or something on the side to give me money to live, and spend my life doing what I love most, studying hip-hop, talking to heads, improving my skills as a rhyme writer, rapper (mc), etc.

just thought I'd holler at ya'll, peace.

teecee

Re: Yo I want to holler at everyone on a personal
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2001, 10:36:17 PM »
Man, i am kinda new to the board, but if you don't mind, i will offer my two cents.
  How old are you? Cuz dude, yougot time, you will find your calling, don't stop working at it, aiight? SChool ain't for everyone (i would know cuz i am a first year high school teacher and i see lots of cats who hate it and don't know what they gonna do).
   Hip hop- i have always escaped through it too man, i feel ya. I never liked school either, cuz i wasn't the smartest kid, i even faild grade 9.  But i had some serious encouragement given to me in grade 11 buy one of my teachers, and here i am a teacher.
   Now, i ain't sayin to be a teacher man, i am just sayin your calling will come.  My best friend, he 24 and works at HMV, a cd store, and he loves that shit.  That is his calling i think, cuz he loves music, and he gets to be around it all the time.
    So, if hip hop is your calling, good for you, good luck with it.  Just don't make any permanent or drastic decisions, feel me?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2001, 10:57:39 PM »
^^^ How old are you homie? What subject you teach? Can I borrow some essays?

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2001, 12:18:06 AM »
i feel u  Infinite ......... im  20  and  i cant hang wit this college stuff ........ i just dropped 2 classes  , the only 2 classes  after i  took  a  year off from school .   and the wild thing is   they were both classes i was really interested in  ......  Nutrition and  Business of Music .  nutrition turned out to be real fuckin complicated  and  business of music  was being taught  buy  this    foreign german cat   ( no disrespect to german folks)   but  he  just came to america 3 months ago  and he  substituted for some other teacher  ........ i couldnt learn shit in there .
<br>
anyway  infinite  just do whats in your heart .......and what u will have fun and satisfaction doing.

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2001, 02:02:03 AM »
^ i worked for the state ........ i feel ya on that office shit ......  everybody there are like robots ...... and even i became one !!  
that sound production deal sounds good ........  i wish i could move away  where nobody knows me ......   good luck with that  homie   8)

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2001, 02:31:22 AM »
Infinite, hang in there.  Do whatever ya feel homie.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2001, 04:09:10 AM »
everything happens for a reason dogg

WORD MOUSE.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2001, 04:26:08 AM »
finally a deep topic...

finally some real talk....

my 2 cents on this one.:

u only live ONCE . i guess we re all between 19 - 29 right?
thats our best fuckin time in life ...
express yourselfes like u want to.I got a 10 month work right now but my thing is to make music.after theese 10 months i m going to produce and learn about the shit I like.
don t fuck with the shit u see on tv or in commercials or on mtv or whatever just be yourself and do what u like.

like dre once said - thats keepin it real,doin what YOU like

sup mouse?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2001, 06:11:57 AM »
sorry to spoil the party......but:

you'z a fool thinking like that.  Right now you got opportunity to make somthing good with yourself, get an education, it dont matter if  you gonna be a ppolice or  lawyer.

it's already proven that the more u whait with your education, the more difficult it will be to learn later. What will you do if your rappin-career get blown?? how u gonna live?

like i said: ´sorry for spoiling your fun, but im just being reel

Big BpG

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2001, 06:14:35 AM »

Since ya'll are my homies.  I wanted to holler at you about something I decided today.

I believe in self-education.  But I don't believe in school.  But I need money to live, so I keep working at it and failing.  I've been in school now for a real-estate liscence, trying to try something different, because it's only a two week class.  But I can't even do that shit.  My mind is spaced out, I've been escaping with my mind since I was a youngsta.  Anyway, hip-hop is my way of coping with my life.  So I decided that's going to be my carear.  That and writing.  Which those two things go hand in hand.  

So I'm just going to be a trashman or something on the side to give me money to live, and spend my life doing what I love most, studying hip-hop, talking to heads, improving my skills as a rhyme writer, rapper (mc), etc.

just thought I'd holler at ya'll, peace.

I wanna tell you something... I was the same way as you homie. Exactly, you sound just like me. I didn't believe in school I felt like I could learn things with my own education. Damn dogg was I wrong. I'm glad I stuck with school though. It takes time to learn the lesson life is about and why High School or schol in general is important, but if you don't go to school, you basically fuck up your life.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

teecee

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2001, 07:55:43 AM »
I don't believe you fukk up your life if you don't go to school, cuz school ain't for everybody.  See, the public make it seem like you gotta go to university or college but nah, you don't.  Besides, how old are you infinite? Like early 20's, right?  Well, unless you got a kid or a wife or something, don't trip, aiight?
   THis is the time when you can experience shit, do what you wanna do.  I suggest you do something that will give you the experience of a lifetime.  Example: My homie Nate worked his ass off for 6 months, saved mad doe, and went to Australia for a year, just hung out and met people (lots of girls), lived out of the bag on his back.  When he left Canada, he didn'[t know what the fukk he wanted to do, and guess what? He still doesn't know, but it's all good.  He probably gonna get another shit job, work his ass off, and travel some more.  He's not worried cuz he has grown as a person and feels he will find something right for him eventually.
    My point , give yourself a chance to find your calling or whatever, aiight?  Just don't get too down man, holla at me if you want?

To the guy who wanted to know what i teach, i teach History and Phys. Ed., and i am only 21 (22 in december). I only been teaching for one month and a half officially, besides my practicums i did last year.  And no, i ain't got any essays for you! HA HA

TheSheriff

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2001, 08:41:36 AM »
Man, hold ya head...I'll share my own feelings on school, the world, etc...It might help ya realize a lot of us feel ya...

I go to a "liberal" private school-ie, we pay money. Now, shit, if you ain't able to pay the fees and your family isn't like a long-termer there, you're told to leave, politely, of course. Bah. My best friend Will was, my friend Kai too...Another close friend was told today about probs with that.

Now, I love my school, I have so many friends and shit...But my principles tell me to leave. So I'm stuck between what I want and what I believe in. It's hard for me to decide, and shit, my family ain't that deep in money, and I dunno how long I can remain.

The establishment is only retained by people too weak to take a stand; And I'll make a stand. I'll probably leave this excellent school, which I love SOOOO much...Because it retains drug dealers and thiefs and kicks out dyslexics and poor people, because they don't and do affect the school directly.

The more you learn about the Establishment, the more you hate it...Shiiiit...

Hold ya head homie, I'm down wit ya, though we have different probs. I'm too young to be all like you are, but I can see it happening if my wishes don't come true, so I'm here for you, just email me or something.

owenedwards@hotmail.com

Don't get caught up in the game y'all...

Peace.

jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2001, 09:15:50 AM »
maybe it s the weed that makes me think like that ....
but IMO there s always a way to make enough money to live and there will always be two kinds of knowledge - library knowlegde and knowledge through experience

its your choice what you do with your life and whats good for you or bad....

( can t express myself like that but i think u ll get it )

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2001, 10:37:52 AM »
yea....i feel ya 100% dawg....im goin threw almost tha same.....i fuckin suck on most of tha subjects in school....and when you suck itz much harder to get better cauze you start believin you cant do shit better ...so ya just get worst....even if you know...you should get better...i don realy know what i wanna do....but i think this whole system iz fucked up...and tha shit ill be seekin for in my life iz gon be a position where i wont have to work my ass off...and will just enjoy life...ya feel me?...when i wont have to care bout money..and will spend all my dayz crusin in my car....wit a bumin system playin hip hop....or in my crib....jus chillin....datz like my dream yo...
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2001, 10:59:55 AM »
it depends what age u r infinate .. otherwise i can't say .. but if your younger than 18 ... u might not be mature enough to be making desisions like dropping out of school to be a trashman and do hip hop on the side ..  :P

I mean yeah do hip hop .. but u should have a "back up" plan .. It doesn't necessarly need to be academic .. u could have a trade like a macanic or something like that ...

Dreamings good and stuff but unfortunatly alot of stuff doesn't work out and if u give up in school when ur young because u can't cope with it .. then how u going cope with being poor (a trashman), having to pay bills and do hip hop stuff on the side.. esp. when people might laugh at u and whatever when ur rapping or writeing raps ... I just think u should think about this b4 making any implusive descisons ........