Author Topic: SOUTH>>>>>WESTCOAST  (Read 724 times)

Lunatic

Re: SOUTH>>>>>WESTCOAST
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
this is a bs thread...who cares what coast ur from, as long as the music is good.... i swear this forum needs to be 18 and over...

i'm under 18, and i agree fuck what coast your from.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »
this is a bs thread...who cares what coast ur from, as long as the music is good.... i swear this forum needs to be 18 and over...

i'm under 18, and i agree fuck what coast your from.

I'm 19 now but I was 12-13 back in the day when we started this shit. there was no probs.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »
LMAO @ Anyone dissing the South (or anyone for that matter) because the Whites buy their albums. Snoop, Dre etc. would have never been this far if whites didn't buy their album. Hell! You guys wouldn't be here if a White guy didn't start this board. Come with a new way to discredit someone... Thanks.

real talk

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2007, 11:19:14 AM »
i dont doubt some like scarface and ugk, but they werent too many, and the ones today are wack as fuck

8) 8) 8)

I guess. There are artists from all coasts I don't like, but I don't pay attention where they are from because the wackness won't allow me to.

SGV

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »
Slick D, you idiot! 15 years ago was 1992. Here's a little history: Geto Boys already had 4 records out and a big hit with Minds Playing Tricks On Me. UGK had just put out their second record and had songs like Pregnant Pussy making noise. DJ Screw was building a buzz in Texas. 3 6 Mafia had already been putting out Underground records. 2 Live Crew had already been active for 6 years and already major hits. Arrested Development was out and making hits. Cash Money was already starting. 8 Ball and MJG were readying their debut album...

Shit I can go on. You don't know a thing about Southern Hip Hop bro. Theres Ya Boy here, in the South they have Magno. Game here, Chamillionaire in the South. Planet Asia, Phonte. I can go on and on. You really cannot speak on this, especially with me.

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 01:06:44 PM »
Slick D, you idiot! 15 years ago was 1992. Here's a little history: Geto Boys already had 4 records out and a big hit with Minds Playing Tricks On Me. UGK had just put out their second record and had songs like Pregnant Pussy making noise. DJ Screw was building a buzz in Texas. 3 6 Mafia had already been putting out Underground records. 2 Live Crew had already been active for 6 years and already major hits. Arrested Development was out and making hits. Cash Money was already starting. 8 Ball and MJG were readying their debut album...

Shit I can go on. You don't know a thing about Southern Hip Hop bro. Theres Ya Boy here, in the South they have Magno. Game here, Chamillionaire in the South. Planet Asia, Phonte. I can go on and on. You really cannot speak on this, especially with me.
::)  lol you mean startin, vet west artists were "startin" on the first 80's, i said 15 years ago meanin already started, no underground shit, makin buzz and risin who give a fuck about that, and lmao at chamillionare and cash money
btw dont come around wit that smart ass attitude like you cant talk to me about this, its so sad

8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:10:35 PM by Slick D »

d-nice

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »
Rap A Lot was the label out of the South 15 years ago. I can name 5 to 10 dope rappers just off that label alone.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »

::)  lol you mean startin, vet west artists were "startin" on the first 80's, i said 15 years ago meanin already started, no underground shit, makin buzz and risin who give a fuck about that, and lmao at chamillionare and cash money
btw dont come around wit that smart ass attitude like you cant talk to me about this, its so sad

8) 8) 8)

to slick d: skg just saying that there is dope southern hip hop and that its ignorant to just say 'fuck the south'

and to SGV: slick d is just saying fuck the south in response to the dude saying the south is better than the west, like 'fuck that' you know?

I think you're not even really disagreeing.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 01:18:22 PM »
ok im gonna make my point clear cause this is gettin twisted.

1. i do know that there are fuckin dope southern rappers like scarface and ugk

2. 90% percent southern rappers today suck, just club bangers and shit, and this is 100% objective

3. 15 years ago southern rap was not as big as west or east coast rap

8) 8) 8)

$Eg2$

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 01:22:10 PM »
Well the South can continue to sell millions but I still prefer the West anyday of the week REAL TALK

SGV

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2007, 01:30:56 PM »
Rap A Lot and 2 Live Crew were established. Luke was already beefing with Snoop and Dre, Deathrow had Bushwick on The Chronic... Cmon dude, you gotta be kidding me. 15 years ago, the South had their foot in the door, 2 years later they kicked it open (Outkast, Master P, Mystikal, Ball & G). So again, don't go there cuz you really don't know. If you want to pull the "not as big as card" then the West hasn't been as big as the South in over 11 years. So that means in the past 11 years the South has been shitting on the West. A decade... and the West has yet to be bigger than the South. Sad aint it?

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2007, 01:35:13 PM »
i knew this thread would end up like this.

because we see all these weak niggaz on MTV from the south and all over the radio doesnt mean that the South is weak.  theres Scareface, UGK, Slim Thug, Chamillionare, etc,..they all have great talent.  However, because we get hit with all these nursery rhyme bubble gum shit, we get brain washed into thinking everybody from the South is garbage, which is not true.

im westcoast everyday all day.  but i will not say "fuck the south" because of some weak faggots gettin airplay.  the people who you should be saying "fuck you" to is Corporate America(not just whites), such as MTV and the radio.

i see everybody's points, if everybody just combined there oppinions, the mutual response would be this^ 

8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2007, 01:35:42 PM »
Rap A Lot and 2 Live Crew were established. Luke was already beefing with Snoop and Dre, Deathrow had Bushwick on The Chronic... Cmon dude, you gotta be kidding me. 15 years ago, the South had their foot in the door, 2 years later they kicked it open (Outkast, Master P, Mystikal, Ball & G). So again, don't go there cuz you really don't know. If you want to pull the "not as big as card" then the West hasn't been as big as the South in over 11 years. So that means in the past 11 years the South has been shitting on the West. A decade... and the West has yet to be bigger than the South. Sad aint it?
::)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
i dont compare south to west cuz to me its almost like a whole nother genre of music besides ol school south.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2007, 01:47:49 PM »
::)

dude just take the L and move the fuck on

sgv is ethering all y'all  :laugh: