Author Topic: RR&GB was recorded at the same time as Tha Doggfather, or right after?  (Read 260 times)

acgrundy

what you guys think?  This was the last album to come out of deathrow that really had that deathrow family feeling on it.  Everyone was on there, kurupt, snoop, nate, techniec, tray deee, bad azz, soopafly, 2Pac and the Outlawz, and even lil c-style.  Also just about all those guys were on Tha Doggfather.  Soopafly, tray deee, bad azz, and techniec were probably recording a lot at that time period, getting on anything they could.  Too bad kurupt didn't record a solo album at that time, I'm sure we would have gotten about the same lineup.  This was the 2nd wave of deathrow artists, or the Doggystyle artists: tray deee, soopafly, bad azz, techniec, and kind of lil c-style.  The first wave was snoop, kurupt, daz, rage, dre, rbx, nate dogg.  Kinda weird how warren g got left out of it all.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: RR&GB was recorded at the same time as Tha Doggfather, or right after?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »
dre wanted his little brother to have his publishing. pretty sure that out of all the 93-95 era stuff/people warren is the only one that still owns/makes money off the classics. also, dre didn't want warren his brother to be subject to all the DR violence.

in other words, snoop doesn't make money off doggystyle anymore(right?)
whereas warren g does still make money when regulate g funk era is sold.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »
also, look at the west coast disc of kuruption

baby s, slip capone, soopafly, daz, tray deee. lot of the same cats, it's a shame nate and snoop ain't on it

and near the end of the song 'fresh' he says "death row-fresh"

it's probably similar to what would have been made.

westcoastavengers.com

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 02:51:58 PM »
dre wanted his little brother to have his publishing. pretty sure that out of all the 93-95 era stuff/people warren is the only one that still owns/makes money off the classics. also, dre didn't want warren his brother to be subject to all the DR violence.

in other words, snoop doesn't make money off doggystyle anymore(right?)
whereas warren g does still make money when regulate g funk era is sold.

-T

no, Snoop does make money off Doggystyle still. I'm not sure how the publishing shares are divided, whether Death rows owns 100% of his publishing or what, but he still owns his writers share in full, and thats how he makes his money.

Warren G probably got a better cut with his publishing deal initially since he was working with a more legitimate company at the time, Def Jam. He prob had a 50/50 on his publishing deal back then. But being its 13 years later since Regulate G Funk Era was released, that deal is probably over, and Warren probably retains 100% of his publishing now. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 02:56:20 PM by We Fly High »

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
could be recorded at the same time. The Track "OG" with Snoop and Nate has got that 96 feeling.

I really dont understand it why daz put OG in this quality out. track sounds like a cassette record.

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 03:13:49 PM »
My OG sounds fine.  And daz and soopafly were not on the kuruption disk as far as rapping goes.  1 verse by slip, 1 by tray deee, and one by baby S.  I think he woulda had a lot more guests had he made this album on deathrow.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »
daz raps some bridges and soopa produces. participation is participation to me, but I see what you're saying.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 09:42:26 PM »
Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back was recorded before, during, and after Tha Doggfather.  One of the before tracks would be Initiated with 2Pac and Tha Outlawz.  OG sounds like it could have been on Tha Doggfather.  And In California was recorded after.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders