Author Topic: ***Dr. Dre on Power 106 this morning 2/16/07***  (Read 5493 times)

mrtonguetwista

Re: ***Dr. Dre on Power 106 this morning 2/16/07***
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2007, 05:29:21 AM »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2007, 10:04:07 AM »
If this Slim Mobster is the new protegé, say byebye to the Bishop.  :-*

Just like Hittman sent Eminem packing right?

did he talk about Game for real.... wanna hear what he thinks about him

engies, I would have hoped a cat like you would have appreciated Game for what he's worth too. +1

-T

I love the Game he isnt the best rhymer but he's decent i like what he talks about & his voice plus he got good beats....just wanna hear what Dre thinks of him being the Doctors Advocate lol.

EXACTLY, he's dope for what he's dope for. You don't have to be the dopest rhymer to put together dope records, which he does. Did you see the post in which I detailed my friends and I going to see the Game in anaheim and getting kicked out of the parking lot for blunts and hennessey in the parking lot?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
He said he is never retiring 8)

12-13 songs for the album, hopefully the ones he dont put on there make their way to us eventually.

He want everyone he ever worked with on the record? Sounds dope too bad it wont count Eazy, hope Ren and Cube gets to spit a verse each

He was going to put Imagine on Detox, that song was alright but if thats what standards he puttin on Detox that dont sound too good :(

No mention of Eve's album :)

yeah look at any producer from Rick Ruben, to Rick Rock, to Quincy Jones: there's no reason to stop producing. Just cause you don't drop your own vocals don't mean you can't contribute always. Even george clinton produced the chili peppers in the 80's or 90's. He should influence music he finds worth influencing for as long as he can.

I hope Kurupt is included in that everybody list. Man, I really really hope Kurupt and Game are on detox.

I think Imagine is a great song and a great concept for a song, I could go for a whole album of stuff that chill, wise, and melodic definitely.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
Even the "Dre 2001" album didn't get pushed back as much as this record.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Even the "Dre 2001" album didn't get pushed back as much as this record.

Yeah but Dre didn't have as many artists as he does now.

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2007, 12:36:59 PM »
dre has street cred.  he could release an album of fart noises and cats are still gonna cop it
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »
someone reup...

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2007, 01:46:45 PM »
If this Slim Mobster is the new protegé, say byebye to the Bishop.  :-*

Just like Hittman sent Eminem packing right?

Eminem was already established at the time 2001 dropped. He had a very succesful album out and had his own hype. Bishop Lamont has no album out and probably won't have one out before Detox drops. Besides, he won't get the hype Eminem had even if he does get one released. He is just another black rapper, from the masses' perspective. Eminem was white, extremely controversial, appealed to the pop market and was highly respected as an MC too. There's no chance Bishop Lamont will eclipse that.

So, if Bishop can not live of a status he has build up before Detox, and Dre uses that album to focus on Slim Mobster, Bishop will play second fiddle and will fade into (relative) obscurity.

Do not think I make statements out of the blue.

As for the smiley, I used it as a slight taunt to the people that are (or were) certain Lamont was to be the big Aftermath banana and the main man on Detox.

I repeat, I do not say things without reason.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2007, 01:55:13 PM »
^^^^ in no way Dre said Bishop won't be the main rapper on Detox anymore...

mrtonguetwista

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2007, 02:31:38 PM »
no offense but that interview was crap, hardly told us anything new... and there are so many questions for dre that could be asked.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »
since when can dre not use more than one new rapper to let shine on his album.....as long as they up to competing with proven cats

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2007, 03:47:01 PM »
^ If Dre wants to have 12-13 tracks, work with everyone he's worked with in the past AND wants to use Detox to promote both himself and Slim Mobster, he's juggling an uncomfortably large number of balls allready. He might just let a ball called Bishop Lamont slip.

Notice that I'm not saying that this is how it's going to play out but I would like you to be realistic about this matter.

By the way, if you don't agree with me or are absolutely certain Bishop Lamont will be very important, that is no reason to be taking karma points away from me. I noticed I've lost 2 points with 2 posts so I can not get out of my mind a certain suspicion of childish behaviour among my fellow posters here.

Grow up, we'll see how things will turn out. I only gave my view on the matter.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
^ If Dre wants to have 12-13 tracks, work with everyone he's worked with in the past AND wants to use Detox to promote both himself and Slim Mobster, he's juggling an uncomfortably large number of balls allready. He might just let a ball called Bishop Lamont slip.

Notice that I'm not saying that this is how it's going to play out but I would like you to be realistic about this matter.

By the way, if you don't agree with me or are absolutely certain Bishop Lamont will be very important, that is no reason to be taking karma points away from me. I noticed I've lost 2 points with 2 posts so I can not get out of my mind a certain suspicion of childish behaviour among my fellow posters here.

Grow up, we'll see how things will turn out. I only gave my view on the matter.

for one thing, I also feel people should not act like I say shit without thinking about it and for another thing I just propped you and never dissed you.

anyway, based on what it sounds like Dre and Bishop have already recorded a gang of stuff which is why Bishop's been on the interview circuit/about to drop mixtapes to promote the work that him and dre have already done that they ar about to begin marketing. in the meantime, dre is producing new shit with slim mobster.

perhaps Slimmob will be to detox what Knocturnal was to 2001, just like Bishiop will be to detox what hittman was to 2001.

-T

westcoastavengers.com