Author Topic: Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave  (Read 1297 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
If it means Rage is getting back together, I'm fine with that.  I respected Audioslave but was never a really big fan of them.  Although it is kinda ironic that all them just can't seem to keep their lead singer...first they lose Zach De La Rocha, now they lose Chris Cornell, and now they're back with Zach again.

Reminds me of Van Halen

Roth, HAgar, Roth, HAgar, Etreme guy, Roth

As far as audioslave theyve been together for what 3 years , that was short

actually it was  roth, hagar, roth, extreme guy, hagar, roth-michael anthony

back to the topic on hand

when audioslave fist came out , they were the shit, i loved their debut....then it got played out. the second album "okay" this last one...cheese fest.... so i'm glad they're broke up. it was begining to get stale quick. rage....i only like a couple of their songs but  it'll be interesting to see what they come up with after their hiatus

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 06:22:04 PM »
Trauma, i agree with the props you give cornell but the Rage dudes were a comparable piece of the audioslave puzzle, did you hear their cover of the white stripe's "seven nation army" a truly electrifying performance, my favorite audioslave piece ever.

soundgarden, cornell's solo shit, and rage's shit is all stellar though just for the record.

-T
Not to diss or anything, but what do you mean by "Rage dudes were a comparable piece of the audioslave puzzle"?

I was saying they are of worth, I felt trauma was implying they were a footnote to cornell in the band and I was saying they were important too.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »
Music needs Rage right now. Most people in the industry are too materilistic an PUSSY to get political. the battle for los angeles is still one of my faovrites cover to cover.

ya'll remember when they played in L.A. outside of the political convention? who in the fuck else besides maybe Mos Def who do that?

damn...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 01:51:53 AM »
tom morello= most overrated guitar player ever

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 01:56:26 AM »
In my opinion, Audioslave is an alright band, but RATM was THE Band.   Cornell did NOT fit with the rest of Rage's sound and should have stayed in Sound Garden.

I'm not hating, it's just that the BAND was So much more better with Zach, then with Cornell.  Anything RATM did far surpasses whatever Audioslave did.  (their first album was alright to me, second album only the singles were good, last album was shiity) 

IMO.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 08:50:27 AM »
Trauma, i agree with the props you give cornell but the Rage dudes were a comparable piece of the audioslave puzzle, did you hear their cover of the white stripe's "seven nation army" a truly electrifying performance, my favorite audioslave piece ever.

soundgarden, cornell's solo shit, and rage's shit is all stellar though just for the record.

-T
Not to diss or anything, but what do you mean by "Rage dudes were a comparable piece of the audioslave puzzle"?

I was saying they are of worth, I felt trauma was implying they were a footnote to cornell in the band and I was saying they were important too.

-T
vale, that makes sense
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 09:03:41 AM »
Rock music is still around?  Chris Cornell, wasn't this dude in Soundgarden?  These guys are still making albums? 

I know they can tour and make money because a concert gives people an excuse to get drunk and party and relive the 7th grade again, but they still bother to do new records?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 10:19:25 AM »
Rock music is still around?  Chris Cornell, wasn't this dude in Soundgarden?  These guys are still making albums? 

I know they can tour and make money because a concert gives people an excuse to get drunk and party and relive the 7th grade again, but they still bother to do new records?

jay z still making records? snoop still making records? nas still making records after 13 years too?

Jay z or snoop, for example, are some artists who've fallen off WAY harder than any of the dudes we're talking about in this thread...and I like snoop. There are certainly rock artists to diss, RATM and Soundgarden probably are NOT untalented enough to be at the top of that list. and RATM is a west coast hip hop act, come on man. Respect.

peace-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »

jay z still making records? snoop still making records? nas still making records after 13 years too?

Jay z or snoop, for example, are some artists who've fallen off WAY harder than any of the dudes we're talking about in this thread...and I like snoop. There are certainly rock artists to diss, RATM and Soundgarden probably are NOT untalented enough to be at the top of that list. and RATM is a west coast hip hop act, come on man. Respect.

peace-T

Man... Rock is nothing compared to hip-hop.  Nas just released a remarkable album, that is totally relevant to the current industry and world climate.

Rock hasn't been relevant for years.  I remember being in highschool and all these kids were talking about Rage Against the Machine being so political and everything.  So I would ask them, "How are they political.  Tell me what their songs say.  What do they talk about?"  And not one of them could answer me.  It was just some stupid image thing.  Like Marilyn Manson or Ozzy Osbourne.  Those dudes make terrible music that sounds like trash, but people like the whole devil worshipping image cause it gives them something to identify with and rebel in the same exact way their parents rebelled cause actually Ozzy is as old as their dad anyway.

Rass Kass first album was way more expressive politically than anything I've ever heard in Rock.  I understand now (many years later) that Rage was talking alot about South American polotics, and I'll admit some of their work back in the day was decent, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And as far as Chris Cornell.  This dude is like some Devil Worshipper rock artist.  That Soundgarden album was some 7th grade fad record and just because of that he can still tour and sell out every show.  Green Day does the same thing.  These Rock artists aren't even relevant anymore, they went out with the Kurt Kobain grunge era, but they can still sell-out shows, unbelievable.

My point is why do they still record albums?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:53:24 PM by Shakoor Abd-Allah's Definition Of Hip-Hop »

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 01:01:18 PM »

peace-T

Man... Rock is nothing compared to hip-hop.  Nas just released a remarkable album, that is totally relevant to the current industry and world climate.

Rock hasn't been relevant for years.  I remember being in highschool and all these kids were talking about Rage Against the Machine being so political and everything.  So I would ask them, "How are they political.  Tell me what their songs say.  What do they talk about?"  And not one of them could answer me.  It was just some stupid image thing.  Like Marilyn Manson or Ozzy Osbourne.  Those dudes make terrible music that sounds like trash, but people like the whole devil worshipping image cause it gives them something to identify with and rebel in the same exact way their parents rebelled cause actually Ozzy is as old as their dad anyway.

Rass Kass first album was way more expressive politically than anything I've ever heard in Rock.  I understand now (many years later) that Rage was talking alot about South American polotics, and I'll admit some of their work back in the day was decent, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And as far as Chris Cornell.  This dude is like some Devil Worshipper rock artist.  That Soundgarden album was some 7th grade fad record and just because of that he can still tour and sell out every show.  Green Day does the same thing.  These Rock artists aren't even relevant anymore, they went out with the Kurt Kobain grunge era, but they can still sell-out shows, unbelievable.

My point is why do they still record albums?
whatever, music doesnt have to be relevant to be good or for people to wanna buy it. Rock has never been as focused as rap ever was, it's a more abstract form of music and more focused on the melody rather than the lyrics. don't talk shit, it's like when american people talk shit about soccer cuz they don't know shit about it

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »

whatever, music doesnt have to be relevant to be good or for people to wanna buy it. Rock has never been as focused as rap ever was, it's a more abstract form of music and more focused on the melody rather than the lyrics. don't talk shit, it's like when american people talk shit about soccer cuz they don't know shit about it

When I was growing up, hip-hop was huge when I was in jr. highschool.  But then, everybody stopped listening to it once highschool came around and started calling it "nigger music".  They called it a childish and immature "phase". 

So what did they do instead of listening to hip-hop?  They listened to white rock bands who used elements of hip-hop in their music, like 311 and Limp Bizkit.  311 was basically a group of white dudes who used hip-hop as their artistic inspiration, but mixed enough giutars with it so that they could sell millions to white suburban kids. 

Then once college came around they started listening to Dave Mathews Band because they played all these instruments and were so wordly and political and free your mind and all this garbage.  But it wasn't really about all that, it was just that they felt that was what they were supposed to be doing cause now they were "mature" college students. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:10:49 PM by Shakoor Abd-Allah's Definition Of Hip-Hop »

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 01:10:12 PM »

When I was growing up, hip-hop was huge when I was in jr. highschool.  But then, everybody stopped listening to it once highschool came around and started calling it "nigger music".  They called it childish and immature.  So what did they do instead of listening to hip-hop?  They listened to white rock bands who used elements of hip-hop in their music, like 311 and Limp Bizkit.  They started listening to a rock group called 311 instead.  311 was basically a group of white dudes who used hip-hop as their artistic inspiration, but mixed enough giutars with it so that they could sell millions to white suburban kids. 

How is that relevant to what i said? 311 isn't rock music, rock is much bigger than that

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »

How is that relevant to what i said? 311 isn't rock music, rock is much bigger than that

I definitely agree with you that music doesn't have to be relevant to the time for people to wanna buy it.  I also agree with what you said about Rock not being as focused on lyrics (although I think the beats in hip-hop trump any of the background music in Rock).

And then you tried to say that I don't know shit about Rock music and make some soccer comparison, and that's basically where my response came from.  That I know plenty about Rock music, I'm white and grew up in the suburbs where everyone listened to Rock when I was in highschool.  I'm well aware of it, and the culture behind it.  And I know that alot of these people that started claiming they loved Rock once highschool came along did it because of racist pretensions.

Narrator

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 01:50:43 PM »

Mayne, every time I want to sympathize with you, you go and say some stupid shit like this that makes me roll my eyes at what a self-hating delusional cracker you are.  I don't believe you're going out and criticizing Rage, one of the most overtly and intelligently political groups in all of music history, all because you think it's "white music".  Idiot, when I was in high school, there were LOTS of black dudes who listened to PE and Rage side-by-side...Zach De La Rocha's lyrics are more-or-less hip-hop styled, and their guitarist Tom Morello is black and the nephew of Jomo Kenyatta.  Do you realize how many rappers support Rage?  Do you realize how much respect Rage commands from the political side of hip-hop?  You talk shit about Rage and you're playing yourself.

And miss me with this bullshit "rock isn't relevent, but hip-hop is".  Oh, right, cause NAS of all people released a good album.  Well and done, except Young Jeezy released an album with nothing relevent to say that outsold Nas' album in its first week on the charts.  You fucking idiot...here you are stereotyping all rock as mindlessly rebellious white music that's not relevent, and yet you'll turn around and vehemently deny the same thing is true about hip-hop even though hip-hop is FAR easier to stereotype for being irrelevent (namely, cause it's all about guns, drugs, and bitches according to the uneducated).  But of course...it's what the WHITE KIDS listen to, so it must suck.  God damn...

Learn something, cracker...you don't represent what real niggas think.  You AREN'T fucking black no matter how much you wish you were and how much self-hatred you have.  So give it up and stop with this bullshit.  I'm fucking sick of hearing it.  And besides, like I've told you before, Allah said that you too will have to die when Judgment Day comes.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »

Mayne, every time I want to sympathize with you, you go and say some stupid shit like this that makes me roll my eyes at what a self-hating delusional cracker you are.  I don't believe you're going out and criticizing Rage, one of the most overtly and intelligently political groups in all of music history, all because you think it's "white music".  Idiot, when I was in high school, there were LOTS of black dudes who listened to PE and Rage side-by-side...Zach De La Rocha's lyrics are more-or-less hip-hop styled, and their guitarist Tom Morello is black and the nephew of Jomo Kenyatta.  Do you realize how many rappers support Rage?  Do you realize how much respect Rage commands from the political side of hip-hop?  You talk shit about Rage and you're playing yourself.

And miss me with this bullshit "rock isn't relevent, but hip-hop is".  Oh, right, cause NAS of all people released a good album.  Well and done, except Young Jeezy released an album with nothing relevent to say that outsold Nas' album in its first week on the charts.  You fucking idiot...here you are stereotyping all rock as mindlessly rebellious white music that's not relevent, and yet you'll turn around and vehemently deny the same thing is true about hip-hop even though hip-hop is FAR easier to stereotype for being irrelevent (namely, cause it's all about guns, drugs, and bitches according to the uneducated).  But of course...it's what the WHITE KIDS listen to, so it must suck.  God damn...

Learn something, cracker...you don't represent what real niggas think.  You AREN'T fucking black no matter how much you wish you were and how much self-hatred you have.  So give it up and stop with this bullshit.  I'm fucking sick of hearing it.  And besides, like I've told you before, Allah said that you too will have to die when Judgment Day comes.

Your respect is not something I strive for, because that would be a great waste of my time; because some people will dislike you no matter what you do; and you definitely fall in that category.

Also, you totally misinterpreted what I said, and you need to learn how to read.

If you actually read what I really said above I did give Rage Against the Machine their respect.  My complaint was against their fans that I encountered in my own highschool, who claimed they loved Rage because they were political, but couldn't explain to you the first thing about their political views.  And overall, my post was explaining how alot of white people I grew up had racist motivations for listening to Rock music over rap in the first place.

Secondly, I am on the Hip-Hop is Dead  bandwagon, I'm even writing a book about it.  So you don't have to tell me anything about the degradation of hip-hop because your not telling me anything I don't already know.