Author Topic: Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave  (Read 1263 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2007, 01:16:28 PM »
for one, infinite is retarded and ive learned to try and ignore him.

more things i dont like about hip hop: i hate how a rapper will always tell you how he will tell you something like "ima teach you guys" or "ima drop knowledge" but never do. also i hate how they will have 1 fragment out of nowhere with some "knowledge" that has nothing to do with the song so they could, i dunno, seem smarter.

also why is everyone like, this is a hip hop forum leave, dude, its the outbound, its not just for east and south rap, its for all kinds of music, plus most of us have been here for years,  and some of us grew.

btw, bill maher's thoughts

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pm2wTGgYAw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6pm2wTGgYAw</a>

Let me fix that for you brother.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2007, 01:18:30 PM »
I like how everybody is hating on hiphop-artists for being arrogant, yet is an arrogant prick himfuckingself. "Some of us grew"...

Bragging is a part of rap. That's a fact. At least they ain't hypocrites.. you can be sure a lot of artists are just as cocky if not more in real life. So ultimately your main problem with rap is that you often hear men being full of themselves. You might not listen to yourself when you talk then. Would explain a lot, too.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »
I like how everybody is hating on hiphop-artists for being arrogant, yet is an arrogant prick himfuckingself. "Some of us grew"...

Bragging is a part of rap. That's a fact. At least they ain't hypocrites.. you can be sure a lot of artists are just as cocky if not more in real life. So ultimately your main problem with rap is that you often hear men being full of themselves. You might not listen to yourself when you talk then. Would explain a lot, too.

Of course they're hypocrites. They brag about shit they aren't doing and most likely never did. Most of these gangster rappers were losers in real life, on the outside looking in,and they get famous taking credit for someone else's lifestyle. They just take the gang stories of real thugs and speak about them in the first person. I've found it very rare to see a real hard core thug brag about what he's done. Most of the guys bragging are the ones that hang around him and really don't do shit when he isn't around. And the rappers I know here are often the softest guys with the biggest mouths and they all rap about killing. Maybe not every single rapper is a fraud but I'll bet if you go to most their hoods and ask about how they were most people that know them will tell you exactly what I saiid.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 01:53:27 PM »
Of course they're hypocrites. They brag about shit they aren't doing and most likely never did. Most of these gangster rappers were losers in real life, on the outside looking in,and they get famous taking credit for someone else's lifestyle. They just take the gang stories of real thugs and speak about them in the first person. I've found it very rare to see a real hard core thug brag about what he's done. Most of the guys bragging are the ones that hang around him and really don't do shit when he isn't around. And the rappers I know here are often the softest guys with the biggest mouths and they all rap about killing. Maybe not every single rapper is a fraud but I'll bet if you go to most their hoods and ask about how they were most people that know them will tell you exactly what I saiid.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that songwriting and composing your own music has pretty much dissolved, all that fake shit you're talking about is alive and well in rock music. All they sing about is sad girls, a girl that made him sad, sadness, his anger at mom and dad paying his bills, and wannabe protest music, like RATM if they wanna rage then it's time to donate all their millions to the communist party  otherwise it's just feeding the beast.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 01:59:19 PM by Smoke Break »

everlast1986

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 01:57:18 PM »
I think the topic of this thread has been discussed. Mods please lock this before more nonsense is brought up in here.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2007, 02:18:57 PM »

Everyone seems to have forgotten that songwriting and composing your own music has pretty much dissolved, all that fake shit you're talking about is alive and well in rock music. All they sing about is sad girls, a girl that made him sad, sadness, his anger at mom and dad paying his bills, and wannabe protest music, like RATM if they wanna rage then it's time to donate all their millions to the communist party  otherwise it's just feeding the beast.

I just mentioned they were fake. I wasn't insulting them for it, nor have I stated rock is filled with "real" individuals. I could care less what kind of a human being an artist is as long as I like the art.

Narrator

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »

Who gives a fuck?  It's called ENTERTAINMENT, bitch.  Of course rappers haven't killed hundreds of people in real life like they brag in their songs.  The only nigga alive who's killed that many muh'fuckas is ME; of course, most of the ones I killed were devils in which case they deserved it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »

Who gives a fuck?  It's called ENTERTAINMENT, bitch.  Of course rappers haven't killed hundreds of people in real life like they brag in their songs.  The only nigga alive who's killed that many muh'fuckas is ME; of course, most of the ones I killed were devils in which case they deserved it.

Who gives a fuck? Not me, as Isaid in the post just above yours;

I just mentioned they were fake. I wasn't insulting them for it, nor have I stated rock is filled with "real" individuals. I could care less what kind of a human being an artist is as long as I like the art.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2007, 04:13:43 PM »

Lol. Yes, because you are supposed to take their word. Like when Eminem (I take him as an example, as so did you) goes for lyrics like
"Warning, this shit gonna be rated R, restricted.
You see this bullet hole in my neck?
/It's self-inflicted/
Doctor slapped my momma/
bitch you got a sick kid/
Arrested, molested myself and got convicted."

it's obviously not meant to be a report of something that actually happened like this.

Musicians tell STORIES all the damn time. In the song "Jolene" the singer of the White Stripes makes a fucking FAGGOT out of himself,  for instance.
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2007, 04:27:51 PM »

Lol. Yes, because you are supposed to take their word. Like when Eminem (I take him as an example, as so did you) goes for lyrics like
"Warning, this shit gonna be rated R, restricted.
You see this bullet hole in my neck?
/It's self-inflicted/
Doctor slapped my momma/
bitch you got a sick kid/
Arrested, molested myself and got convicted."

it's obviously not meant to be a report of something that actually happened like this.

Musicians tell STORIES all the damn time. In the song "Jolene" the singer of the White Stripes makes a fucking FAGGOT out of himself,  for instance.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you can't deny that these thug rappers claim what they say in records is what really happened to them in the streets far more than they say it's fiction.

P.S. Jolene is a cover of an old Dolly Parton song (in case you didn't know, which you very well may have)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »
Yes I knew that but that doesn't really change a lot. Anyways, my problem is, if a rapper talks about something that happened, it's "just literal", if he talks about something that didn't happen, he's a liar, a fake, a hypocrite, a bitch nigga. If a rock dude talks about something that didn't happen it's figuratively speaking, excellent use of methaphors opening doors for various interpretations etc... Get outta here.
I am not argueing that you have to enjoy rap as much as rock, LOL. Jesus. But to call rock as a genre flat out "better" and superior, while subtly insulting me as a rap-dude in his twenties and calling me a dumbass, is not something I'll let fly with a smile.
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2007, 04:50:09 PM »
Yes I knew that but that doesn't really change a lot. Anyways, my problem is, if a rapper talks about something that happened, it's "just literal", if he talks about something that didn't happen, he's a liar, a fake, a hypocrite, a bitch nigga. If a rock dude talks about something that didn't happen it's figuratively speaking, excellent use of methaphors opening doors for various interpretations etc... Get outta here.
I am not argueing that you have to enjoy rap as much as rock, LOL. Jesus. But to call rock as a genre flat out "better" and superior, while subtly insulting me as a rap-dude in his twenties and calling me a dumbass, is not something I'll let fly with a smile.

What are you talking about? I never said rappers have to be truthful. It would help a great deal if they did admit they write stories and not focus on trying to maintain credibility. I think it would greatly improve the lyrics. But I never said they had to do anything. I just pointed out how rap works by rap standards. They call themselves fake. A rapper puts on the mask when they talk about their raps. Cam Ron in that O'reilly video calls himself an author while Dash brings up hollywood as an example, then Cam calls himself a reporter while saying you can't blame him for reporting what really happens. There is no consistency. I could care less what kind of a show they want to put on but don't blame me for noticing.

I never called you or anyone else an idiot for liking rap. The closest I came was saying Nas dumbs down his songs and he does with songs like I Gave You Power. He obviously thinks a song like that will go over many of his fan's heads. That has nothing to do with what I think of your intelligence.

I don't get it, was I confusing you, or did your own ignorance skim through my posts and just assume what I meant?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
Don't act like you're not guilty of what I accused you of. Nobody will believe you.
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
Don't act like you're not guilty of what I accused you of. Nobody will believe you.

So go and show me then. Show where and how I ever attacked someone's intelligence for liking rap? I thought you were an evidenced based guy, not a speculator. You'll have an easier time proving the existence of Jesus Christ as a supernatural being than you will trying to prove I think people are stupid becuse they like rap, because there is no evidence. Just you and your assumptions. If you did have anything to go by other than your speculation you would have used that in your post.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2007, 01:32:54 AM »
I don't see how I'm on someone's dick cause I agree with them. Could people say you're on Allah's dick?

white boy, what was your sn before?
sounds like we had a similar musical interest shifting experience.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram