Author Topic: Tim Hardaway says he "hates gay people"...  (Read 391 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: Tim Hardaway says he "hates gay people"...
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 06:09:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-me8KUtXIWo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-me8KUtXIWo</a>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 06:14:42 PM by Citizen-Y »

swangin and bangin

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-me8KUtXIWo&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-me8KUtXIWo&amp;autoplay=0</a>
lmao
funny as fuck,

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 06:30:18 PM »
at least me and tim hardaway have something in common
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 06:30:40 PM »
What's the problem? He hates gay people. Amaechi is gay.

exactly who cares.... tim hardaway spoke his mind.
amaechi is nobody, just some angry gay dude

thisoneguy360

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 07:42:59 PM »
Nothing wrong with an opinion I just think he's stupid for taking it back and playing it like its nothing

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:48 PM »
Tim Hardaway hates gays ? so he should hate his wife coz she DOES look like a man...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 12:25:25 AM »
CBA fires Tim Hardaway

By Cyd Zeigler jr.

Tim Hardaway has been fired from his role with the Continental Basketball Association after the former NBA All-Star's anti-gay rant last week in which he said, "I hate gay people."

Ricardo A. Richardson, president and CEO of the CBA, told Outsports late Monday night that Hardaway has been relieved of his duties as "Chief Basketball Operations advisor for Trinity Sports, which was scheduled to have a team in the CBA next season, [the] Miami Majesty." Hardaway was also the coach of the Majesty, which was formerly the Florida Pit Bulls of the American Basketball Association.

Hardaway's hate-filled diatribe came during a Feb. 14 radio interview with Dan Le Batard. Among other comments, Hardaway told Le Batard, "Well, you know I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. So yeah, I don't like it.''

Hardaway made the comments in the midst of various appearances in Las Vegas on behalf of the NBA in the week leading up to the NBA's All-Star Weekend. Within hours of Hardaway's anti-gay comments, the NBA dismissed the former All-Star from his role with the Association, and Hardaway left Las Vegas the next day.

The day after Hardaway made his comments, Dennis Truax, Director of Basketball Operations for the CBA, made the following statement:

“The CBA does not in any way condone or endorse the hateful comments made by Mr. Hardaway to ESPN yesterday. Mr. Hardaway’s comments were unfortunate, hateful and are not the views of the CBA or any of its member teams. It is our fervent belief that any person should be allowed to participate in our league, regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, political preference or sexual orientation, without fear of reprisal or discrimination. The CBA is an equal opportunity employer, and Mr. Hardaway’s comments have no effect or bearing on our position now or in the future. We do not share his views or support his position regarding Mr. [John] Amaechi and his recent personnel revelations.”

Amaechi, who played in the NBA for five seasons, revealed two weeks ago that he is gay. ESPN Books released his autobiography, "Man in the Middle," last week.

Other athletes have been penalized for making anti-gay comments in the past. Former Atlanta Braves pitcher John Rocker was suspended in 2000 by Major League Baseball for making anti-gay and racist comments about riding the 7 train in New York City. In 2006, Pittsburgh Steeler Joey Porter was fined $10,000 by the NFL for publicly calling Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. a "fag."

"We would like to move on from this issue," Richardson told Outsports. "As it relates to the CBA, we do not discriminate against individuals based on sexual orientation."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »
"FUCK you, Tim Hardaway!"