Poll

Is BIG The GOAT?

Yes
2 (4.1%)
No
47 (95.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: The Source names Biggie The GOAT  (Read 685 times)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: The Source names Biggie The GOAT
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »
i could have sworn the source also said 2pac was the GOAT..

i think they mean Greatests Of all Time.. like plural.

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 05:55:16 PM »
G Rap > Biggie
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 06:50:58 PM »
LOL @ considering what The Source says iin 2007.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »
2pac>BIG

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 07:26:44 PM »
BIG was great, but def not the GOAT.  Ready to Die is a classic, LAD was very good, but not classic.  And I really believe that if he had been alive for another album it would have been even worse.  Puff was really forcing that over popped out shit on BadBoy and I have the feeling that BIG's next album would have had one too many 80's remakes and jiggy shiny suits.  

If I remember correct, when the source did the making of LAD, there were comments about BIG wanting to do more grimey shit but Puff vetoing the shit left and right.  Puff also wasn't feeling Premo's beats he submitted for that album.  So as a selfish music fan, I'm glad there were no more official BIG albums.

Oh and:

LOL @ considering what The Source says iin 2007.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 11:26:45 PM »
i could have sworn the source also said 2pac was the GOAT..
I think you're thinking of VIBE.

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 11:32:38 PM »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 06:38:35 AM »

Conversely, if Michael Jackson had been gunned down after the Dangerous album came out he would have pissed on Prince and Elvis in the pop GOAT stakes.

Who says Prince is bigger than Jackson? I like Prince and definately prefer listening to and watching him but I don't consider him as famous or popular. Elvis is different though. Jackson would have never been bigger than Elvis in the grand scheme of things. Elvis will always be remembered as the first megastar of pop music and the catalyst of a change in society. Mike could have died between Bad and Dangerous and released Dangerous posthumously and sell 20 million more but he'd still just be seen as the megastar of the 80s; a popular act but not responsible for changing the scene of music, or improving it.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 06:54:32 AM »

Conversely, if Michael Jackson had been gunned down after the Dangerous album came out he would have pissed on Prince and Elvis in the pop GOAT stakes.

Who says Prince is bigger than Jackson? I like Prince and definately prefer listening to and watching him but I don't consider him as famous or popular. Elvis is different though. Jackson would have never been bigger than Elvis in the grand scheme of things. Elvis will always be remembered as the first megastar of pop music and the catalyst of a change in society. Mike could have died between Bad and Dangerous and released Dangerous posthumously and sell 20 million more but he'd still just be seen as the megastar of the 80s; a popular act but not responsible for changing the scene of music, or improving it.

lol, I took that from Chris Rock's Prince vs MJ thing.

The point I was making is that basically if an artist dies in tragic circumstances and has their career cut short, people generally tend to talk up their talent, and forget their shortcomings.

Jrome made the point better than I did; imagine if Biggie was still making music now, would they still be big hits or would he be seen as another washed-up 90s rapper?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 07:10:10 AM »
anyone denying biggies talent needs to get checked, go ask your regular nigga on the street who dont check internets and shit who the best is....alot of niggaz recognize big is better than pac......i aint saying this is my view, pac is my fav rapper of all time then snoop.....but big was a monster, nuff said

peace

XaNdEr

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 07:14:02 AM »
if you check only for lyrics, big wouldnt be the best either, probably would be some cat like nas or ras kass in that case, and dont say they fell off, if big was still alive he woulda sold out according to anyone as well. both big and 2pac's deaths made them more credible, fuck that, i might even as going as far to say they sold out by dying, since when they was alive less cats was checking for them then when they died...

its just artists/rappers lives changes, so does their raps, and since nothing will stay the same better shut your gaps (no homo) and just accept hiphop is changing, and will alwasy continue to change.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 07:16:42 AM »
100% say No (including me). Dayumn.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 07:42:10 AM »
yo xander how can someone sell out by dying?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 08:48:18 AM »

lol, I took that from Chris Rock's Prince vs MJ thing.

The point I was making is that basically if an artist dies in tragic circumstances and has their career cut short, people generally tend to talk up their talent, and forget their shortcomings.

Jrome made the point better than I did; imagine if Biggie was still making music now, would they still be big hits or would he be seen as another washed-up 90s rapper?

I'm not arguing anything else you said. I agree with you 100% and I understood what you meant. I've been saying it for years about Biggie. It's like if Marino died after his second season in the league, everyone would say he would have made it to 3 or 4 Superbowls since his sophomore year he made it while putting up 5000 yards, but Dan never got there again. He also never hit 5000 again and only came close again once. That being said both Marino and Biggie were amazing but Marino got the chance to fall into mediocrity (in a couple seasons and a few playoff games) while Biggie was immortalized by 2 albums.

I just wondered about your MJ comment.

$Eg2$

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 01:57:19 PM »
RIP Big but I gotta say NO