Author Topic: Nas: " GRODT was the last time it felt hip hop was alive"  (Read 2409 times)

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: Nas: " GRODT was the last time it felt hip hop was alive"
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 10:23:18 AM »
^which tracks have you heard?

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »

a mixtape song where he imitates a gang of rappers

a freestyle on 106 and park

ridin dirty

a song my friend was playing

something else I can't remember.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 10:28:21 AM »

ridin dirty

-T

that is not a list you should base your oppinion on.  Peep his latest 2 drops, Sound of Revenge(album) and Mixtape MESSIAH Part 2(Mixtape).

his flow is one of the best, switch up fast and slow.  lyrics are gain for improvment, but its far ahead than most of these new South Acts.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 10:30:20 AM »

ridin dirty

-T

that is not a list you should base your oppinion on.  Peep his latest 2 drops, Sound of Revenge(album) and Mixtape MESSIAH Part 2(Mixtape).

his flow is one of the best, switch up fast and slow.  lyrics are gain for improvment, but its far ahead than most of these new South Acts.

well i did claim before that it's only based on what I've heard and the fact that those 5 tracks didn't make me wanna go cop more/listen to more should be testament to the fact that his style needs work. i've heard him go fast and slow and like I said I can tell he's talented but talented does not always equal entertaining/engaging/addictive. what happened to those dre tracks he wa supposed to have? LOL

-T

westcoastavengers.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 10:33:29 AM »

ridin dirty

-T

well i did claim before that it's only based on what I've heard and the fact that those 5 tracks didn't make me wanna go cop more/listen to more should be testament to the fact that his style needs work. i've heard him go fast and slow and like I said I can tell he's talented but talented does not always equal entertaining/engaging/addictive. what happened to those dre tracks he wa supposed to have? LOL

-T
its pretty funny how you bring Dre in the conversation.  so:
okay, i know that Game is one of your favorite artists.  what does Game do in songs that Cham hasnt in his?

cause imo, Cham > Game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:35:04 AM by Lamont Sanford - The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 10:53:04 AM »

ridin dirty

-T

-T
okay, i know that Game is one of your favorite artists.  what does Game do in songs that Cham hasnt in his?

cause imo, Cham > Game.

I brought dre into the convo cause I bet a producer like dre would bring out the best stylistically in Cham. Dre is like rap steroids. and that's from The D.O.C.

anyway, Cham is NO DOUBT deeeefinitely a more naturally talented rapper than Game BUT I feel the records that game put's together more. So while Cham is a better talent, I feel for example, Too much is a better crafted song than ridin' dirty. Game's strength is not in his talent but in the effort he puts towards giving the fans what they want.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
Dude, are you kdding me ? Ridint Dirty is like 10x better Too Much is. Its not even comperable. Cham + Krayzie >> Game any day

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007, 12:00:21 PM »
Nas is on point.  This "Hip-Hop Is Dead" thing is bigger than people actually imagine.  People had been saying it for a while, I used to use it as my screen name; and now Nas is the perfect rapper to spearhead this "Hip-Hop Is Dead" philosophy. 

Nas is on point in saying that the last time Hip-Hop showed some signs of life was when GRODT came out.  He also mentioned the "Ether/Takeover" event being a time when hip-hop felt alive, again; he's right; because Stillmatic era was just after 9-11 and rappers had a brief era of consciousness and creativity.

Props to Nas.  I got my tickets on the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" bandwagon, I'm going down with it!  This is one of the most important idea's of my generation.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:02:31 PM by Shakoor Abd-Allah's Definition Of Hip-Hop »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

WestCoasta

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »
I think Nas was on point.  GRODT was def somethin special.  Just a huge album any way you slice it.  And you had every motherfucker in the game trying to copy that blueprint to the T.  Everybody tried to cash in on those sales.  But what really happened is mainstream Hip Hop became EXTREMELY corny, uninspired, formulaic, etc.  When 50 dropped GRODT, it was fresh.  When everybody else in the game tried to mimic that formula, it was played out.  When 50 tried to do it again with The Massacre, it was extremely played out and predictable.  The problem is all these stupid motherfuckers don't realize how played out that shit is and keep trying to force it down everybody's throats.  If these fuckers would just be themselves instead of copying what the next man is doing, they might actually push some units again.

Nas is a loser

Nas has more classic albums than anybody in your sig has classic songs.  People like Cam exist because of people like Nas.

All this bullshit about hip hop being dead is getting on my nerves.It's not dead.People are just saying it is cause they wanna look cool, I don't know.It's like a fad.

In the end its obvious this was a promotional "stunt" from Nas. Hes a smart dude.

In the end it's obvious that you know dick about Hip Hop.  Promotional stunts are nothing but hype - there's no meaning behind them, not even necessarily truth.  Just some shit to get your name in the paper.  Nas' album title absolutely caused controversy, but he truly meant everything he's said.  It's too bad that your feeble mind has been conditioned by the current mainstream no talent fucks to think that everything is purely done for promotional reasons rather than speaking from your heart.  You take an L again.

50 hates on NAS every chance he gets, why is NAS givin him props?

Because he's not some blind hating bitch like 50.  If something's dope, he says so.  There's lots of pussies hangin around dubcc that should take notes.

props

WestCoasta

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2007, 12:59:26 PM »
i just cant get into hiphop is dead. i try and i try, but i still dont like it.

ya I only like a few tracks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

ridin dirty

-T

-T

cause imo, Cham > Game.

I brought dre into the convo cause I bet a producer like dre would bring out the best stylistically in Cham. Dre is like rap steroids. and that's from The D.O.C.

anyway, Cham is NO DOUBT deeeefinitely a more naturally talented rapper than Game BUT I feel the records that game put's together more. So while Cham is a better talent, I feel for example, Too much is a better crafted song than ridin' dirty. Game's strength is not in his talent but in the effort he puts towards giving the fans what they want.

-T

too much was corny as hell, thank scot storch for that.  that was a staright generic knock off beat of dre's(and it didnt sound good enough to pass).  in ridin dirty, cham flows 10x better than game did in too much as Timbo said.  and how is Game more "crafty" if he doesnt even do the hooks on the songs he picks for singles? 

but you like your shit, and ill keep mine.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2007, 07:00:42 PM »
riding was probably the biggest smash of the year....huge hit, straight heated....

game dropped his own huge hit in one blood, that was played on streets everywhere, but it did not get the universal street/club luv that riding got....thats a hella difficult feat to achieve

Invincible

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2007, 07:04:13 PM »

ridin dirty

-T

-T

cause imo, Cham > Game.

-T

too much was corny as hell, thank scot storch for that.  that was a staright generic knock off beat of dre's(and it didnt sound good enough to pass).  in ridin dirty, cham flows 10x better than game did in too much as Timbo said.  and how is Game more "crafty" if he doesnt even do the hooks on the songs he picks for singles? 

but you like your shit, and ill keep mine.

Game has done hooks on his singles. Dreams, Put You On The Game, Let's Ride and Wouldn't Get Far.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:06:38 PM by dopewhiterapper »

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2007, 08:58:32 PM »
Dude, are you kdding me ? Ridint Dirty is like 10x better Too Much is. Its not even comperable. Cham + Krayzie >> Game any day

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2007, 01:22:02 AM »
I guess I just can't take ridin' dirty seriously. I can listen to too much and that is some sonically cool musical shit, the melodies are on point, the sound is on point, the nate dogg is on point....but I guess I just like that funky shit, I'm just insanely funk oriented I guess. Ridin' dirty turned me off with the high pitched drum taps and silliness but that's cool if y'all dig that.

I like Krayzie alot too, that song just didn't do it for me. Just felt like a really dumb song, I could never enjoy it.

and Game is craftier to me regardless of what part he plays in the songs being put together I'm saying if an album has his name on it the shit is a well put together group of well put together songs. like despite whatever lack of natural talent he may have, he makes sure the work is put in that needs to be put in.

i guess the cham thing is just a preference. I can see how he's talented but his sound just doesn't come off as appealing I don't know, I'll give his shit a shot but every time I do I have no desire whatsoever to listen to a song again. Game's shit has that funky and hard west coast rap feel that just soundtracks CA to me I guess. I'm not saying he's the dopest MC, never did..I just really like the way most of his songs come out I guess.

-T

westcoastavengers.com