Author Topic: Nas: " GRODT was the last time it felt hip hop was alive"  (Read 2428 times)

Elevz

Re: Nas: " GRODT was the last time it felt hip hop was alive"
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2007, 03:31:30 AM »
Nas had 100 interviews in the past 6 months. I posted most of them here and you can seacrh sites like allhiphop, forumula...

Listen buddy, it's real simple. In this debate, you're the one making a statement about Nas flip flopping around. That means you're the one to prove yourself right, if you want your argument to hold any weight.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2007, 04:44:11 AM »
3,4 other people cosigned me on this one. Its known since day one that Nas has a bipolar character.

Like I said search this forum, the rest hip hop sites. Read it for yourself.

Elevz

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2007, 05:22:28 AM »
I disagree with you, so how could I find proof of something that I don't agree with? You point it out. Either bring proof into this thread, or admit that you're trying to build a house on sand...

XaNdEr

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2007, 05:56:46 AM »
proof is dead  :-\

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »
I think Nas was on point.  GRODT was def somethin special.  Just a huge album any way you slice it.  And you had every motherfucker in the game trying to copy that blueprint to the T.  Everybody tried to cash in on those sales.  But what really happened is mainstream Hip Hop became EXTREMELY corny, uninspired, formulaic, etc.  When 50 dropped GRODT, it was fresh.  When everybody else in the game tried to mimic that formula, it was played out.  When 50 tried to do it again with The Massacre, it was extremely played out and predictable.  The problem is all these stupid motherfuckers don't realize how played out that shit is and keep trying to force it down everybody's throats.  If these fuckers would just be themselves instead of copying what the next man is doing, they might actually push some units again.

Nas is a loser

Nas has more classic albums than anybody in your sig has classic songs.  People like Cam exist because of people like Nas.

All this bullshit about hip hop being dead is getting on my nerves.It's not dead.People are just saying it is cause they wanna look cool, I don't know.It's like a fad.

In the end its obvious this was a promotional "stunt" from Nas. Hes a smart dude.

In the end it's obvious that you know dick about Hip Hop.  Promotional stunts are nothing but hype - there's no meaning behind them, not even necessarily truth.  Just some shit to get your name in the paper.  Nas' album title absolutely caused controversy, but he truly meant everything he's said.  It's too bad that your feeble mind has been conditioned by the current mainstream no talent fucks to think that everything is purely done for promotional reasons rather than speaking from your heart.  You take an L again.

50 hates on NAS every chance he gets, why is NAS givin him props?

Because he's not some blind hating bitch like 50.  If something's dope, he says so.  There's lots of pussies hangin around dubcc that should take notes.

Oh please. And you know that Nas put all his heart into it how exactly ? What are you a part of his close friends or what ? Theyve caught Nas so many times in the past few months flip flopping about wheter hip hop is alive or dead, once sucking Souths dick and once not. He knew all the  "fuck-commercial-rappers-im-proud-to-listen-to-backpackers" fans would bite right into it. And they did.

Stop acting like you got all the inside info on whos real and whos not. Fact is Nas changed his mind so many times in the past few months that its getting funny.

Please provide some specific interview quotes of Nas flip flopping.  IF you can find some, I guarantee it's within the context that he and the interviewer are discussing and not on some "Oh I completely disagree with what I said a month ago, Hip Hop is really alive.  I misspoke.  Hip Hop is better than it ever has been".  I know you want it to be that way, but it's not.  So dig me up some examples and prove me wrong.

Do I know Nas?  Nope.  But if you've been paying attention to him for the last 6 years, you'd completely understand why I believe he's actually being genuine with his Hip Hop is Dead statement.  When Stillmatic dropped Nas fuckin rose from the dead.  I Am was a big disappointment overall, and Nastradamus was even fucking worse.  

Do you remember Owe Me Back?  Oochie Wally?  (my bad, you prolly thought those were Nas' best joints) Nas was on some REAL bullshit.  EVERYBODY thought he was finished.  He's was uninspired, superficial / materialistic, just comin real soft.  Then Stillmatic dropped and he began atoning for his mistakes.  Then God's Son, then Streets Disciple, and now HHID.  Did you listen to Streets Disciple or just breeze through it once you realized that it was devoid of Scott Storch and Timbaland?  Nas had been stating his feelings on the rap game for a long time now.  But it mostly went over everybodies head.  So now he's like kickin down the door and laying claim to some shit.  And now he finally got motherfuckers attention.  

Nas had 100 interviews in the past 6 months. I posted most of them here and you can seacrh sites like allhiphop, forumula...

And I am a fan of Nas. "I Am" is my fav Nas cd, with Nas Is Like being my fav Nas joint, one of the best from hip hop. Didnt like Streetd Desciple that much, too many filler tracks. Hip Hop Is Dead >> Stret Desciple

I'm not gonna go outta my way to validate your outright bullshit claim that Nas has flip flopped in numerous interviews.  That's on you. 

I Am is your favorite Nas cd?  Homie, please don't attempt to speak on Nas till you've put in work and understand his catalog.  If you only knew how assinine you sound trying to speak on something that you really don't understand.  What about it makes it your favorite album compared to Illmatic, It Was Written, Nastradamus, God's Son, or Streets Disciple?  How would you rank his albums and why?

3,4 other people cosigned me on this one. Its known since day one that Nas has a bipolar character.

Like I said search this forum, the rest hip hop sites. Read it for yourself.

It's known from day 1?  Like you've been down since day one? LMAO!!!  You never gave a fuck about Nas till you saw the production credits on HHID.  Just quit speaking on him when you have no idea what he's about.

thisoneguy360