Author Topic: Video: Young Buck "Get Buck"  (Read 781 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Video: Young Buck "Get Buck"
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:03 PM »
i copped straight outta cashville....even though i copped it late, but that is because i thought the cd would be weak and then the single convinced me to download the album....and then the album was bangin so i felt like i would be doing a nigga injunstice if i didnt cops the niggaz shit since he kept proving me wrong.....this time i'm not impressed by the single and i actually have expectations for the nigga.....i don't know if he will be able to live up to it though, gunit releasing horrible cd's right now

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
Rgith now ? The only cds they released in the past year are the Mobb Deep one, which was your typical Mobb Deep music these days and Rotten Apple which was 10x better than H4M. That cd had no replay value, too much universal appeal, the album had no vibe. Rotten Apple has that dark NY vibe and theres 2 songs that I skip, which cant be said for a lot of cds today.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 04:14:15 PM »
Rgith now ? The only cds they released in the past year are the Mobb Deep one, which was your typical Mobb Deep music these days and Rotten Apple which was 10x better than H4M. That cd had no replay value, too much universal appeal, the album had no vibe. Rotten Apple has that dark NY vibe and theres 2 songs that I skip, which cant be said for a lot of cds today.

when i say right now, i mean recent releases for these niggaz.....

mobb deep cd was horrible....they joined gunit to put out some washed up shit....rotten apple.....i see some people appreciate this cd more than the first...to me the first was horrible, this was horrible....banks is wack....he has nuttin interesting to speak of, gets no spins, aint nobody nowhere playing his shit....before that....tony yayo....everyone knows that was garbage....but if you agree with brant....yayo lyrics > game lyrics....but anyone else will know that yayo album is nuttin but wack, nigga cannot rap no mo..massacre before that.....

so to me ......the last album gunit dropped worth 4 mics was straight outta cashville.....you may think rotten apple is bangin...and u may feel it has a dark ny sound to it....as u may feel mobb deep album is grimey....but to most niggaz there is no denying both albums are wack....so when i speak of "right now" that is what im tryna say.....gunit releasing nuttin but garbage right now....they need a new formula...the new producers beats and shit is gettin played out...they need mo direction and reason to release cd's now.....and fact is i think 50 and gunit realise this whatever they may say on tv because they getting alot of hate right now...and i beleive 50 aint stupid and realises the niggaz need to step there game up

peace

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 04:17:23 PM »
what happened to the days when g-unit were dropping quality singles?

IMO GUnit artists other than 50 are picking the wrong singles from day one. Buck also picked the weakest track for SOC.

Well, you could say that for pretty much the whole industry. Usually: wackest track on the LP= single

On Fire = Bank's best song ever.  Best production he's ever been on that fit him.  His flow and lyrics were impeccable on that song.

Say what you want about the other singles of G-Unit though, I just have to disagree with that one.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »
imo until massacre dropped gunit never made mistakes with the singles they dropped......in da club....the banks joint....(not a fan but it got mad spins)....buck-let me in was bangin at the time....stunt 101 - damn that was some funked up beat and that was a nice single....different but nice....then candy shop dropped....oh shit.....that sold crazy though but the nigga been clowned ever since for that shit...he had some other hits he could released as first single and would have still sold crazy.....like outta control or even a lil bit would not have got as much hate as candy shop for first single.....but ever since 50 kicked off the second round for gunit, the 1st singles have been weak

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 09:16:25 PM »
dope song

props

and ya don't stop

smp4life

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 01:38:54 AM »
wow, I'm officially not looking forward to Buck's album anymore. SOC was the shit but it seems like he's really dumbing down the beats. This sounds like some real typical southern rap. Sounds like (and looks like) a Killer Mike song/ video.  Someone needs to call Dr. Dre to give g-unit life support.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 01:57:25 AM »
dope vid, bad song. funny that noone mentioned banks in the background. anyone know where this vid takes place? odd and cool that 40water is there.

i wonder what would happen if they released a dope but not hyphy song like 'haters' as a single? I bet they wonder too too bad Iovine wouldn't risk it.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 05:13:07 AM »

"Yawn" and this guy can not rap either, did like some of his songs on last album but that was more to do with the beats like Thou Shall

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 09:20:24 AM »
I am Looking at a major flop. He aint doing much buzz....well he tried to get game mad at vegas but it didnt do much for him as publicity. I see 50 is influencing his career. O well video and track are ok not great. beat is dope

You dont even know what happened. Even BWS dudes said they were trying to make peace. Even if he wanted to get publicity it would be way smarter to use someone bigger than game.

And the track is produced by Polow Da Don.

lol....that issue can go both ways either try to gain game's fans respect by him squashing the beef cuz he knows game is superior when it comes to street love. or he wanted attention...lol.......but he didnt get none . owell ill check out the album and if i like it ill buy it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 09:52:30 AM »

mobb deep cd was horrible....they joined gunit to put out some washed up shit....rotten apple.....i see some people appreciate this cd more than the first...to me the first was horrible, this was horrible....banks is wack....he has nuttin interesting to speak of, gets no spins, aint nobody nowhere playing his shit....before that....tony yayo....everyone knows that was garbage....but if you agree with brant....yayo lyrics > game lyrics....but anyone else will know that yayo album is nuttin but wack, nigga cannot rap no mo..massacre before that.....

so to me ......the last album gunit dropped worth 4 mics was straight outta cashville.....you may think rotten apple is bangin...and u may feel it has a dark ny sound to it....as u may feel mobb deep album is grimey....but to most niggaz there is no denying both albums are wack....so when i speak of "right now" that is what im tryna say.....gunit releasing nuttin but garbage right now....they need a new formula...the new producers beats and shit is gettin played out...they need mo direction and reason to release cd's now.....and fact is i think 50 and gunit realise this whatever they may say on tv because they getting alot of hate right now...and i beleive 50 aint stupid and realises the niggaz need to step there game up

peace

Youre always saying "people loved the single from 3 years ago but hate new ones."

One important thing changed. Gunit went from the underdogs to top selling record label. People gotta hate on the top players (Em,50, Snoop, Jay) and cheer for the underdog. Its just the way it is. You can see whats happening to Ja Rule now. All of a sudden people are cheering for him. IOts just too funny.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 11:04:30 AM »
I am Looking at a major flop. He aint doing much buzz....well he tried to get game mad at vegas but it didnt do much for him as publicity. I see 50 is influencing his career. O well video and track are ok not great. beat is dope

You dont even know what happened. Even BWS dudes said they were trying to make peace. Even if he wanted to get publicity it would be way smarter to use someone bigger than game.

And the track is produced by Polow Da Don.

lol....that issue can go both ways either try to gain game's fans respect by him squashing the beef cuz he knows game is superior when it comes to street love. or he wanted attention...lol.......but he didnt get none . owell ill check out the album and if i like it ill buy it.

Street love ? Lol Games street cred has been joked so many times its hard to count. You know somethings wrong when you have beef with your own brother.

Its completley retarted to even tak about "street cred" from us fans. Why would you even care about that is beyond me.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 06:57:49 PM »

peace

Youre always saying "people loved the single from 3 years ago but hate new ones."

One important thing changed. Gunit went from the underdogs to top selling record label. People gotta hate on the top players (Em,50, Snoop, Jay) and cheer for the underdog. Its just the way it is. You can see whats happening to Ja Rule now. All of a sudden people are cheering for him. IOts just too funny.

maybe because the new shit gunit are dropping is wack in comparison to what they was dropping in the past??.....dude everyone in here knows you seem to love everything that dropped on gunit.....but fact is there shit before 50's second album is in complete comparison to there shit now.....gunit was on top for a long ass time..ever since beg for mercy dropped....grodt was such a success that 50 had the chance to give gunit soo much exposure and he did, they only needed to release a gunit album and bang, those niggaz was the biggest thing in rap for a while.....they was not getting hate because they was selling hella records....or they may have had hate for being on top but they got alot mo love, thats common sense......then banks dropped....he got hate because his album was wack....another gunit release came with buck...he got no hate because his shit was fire.....people don't just hate on people for being on top, people hate when niggaz release garbage and give props when niggaz release heat...thats how cats get to the top....and it is natural that the cats who are on the top get more hate when they release some wack shit....because expectations are much higher....there aint no problem with that.....

now speaking about always supporting the underdog and hating on the top cats....why is nas getting so much love?...jigga getting hate for his new album yes....because it is weak....snoop getting hate for his new album too, because it is weak(imo)....em gettin hate because he fell off sooo crazy its not even funny....you a encore fan?lol....game getting love right now because people felt his new album, it was solid top to bottom and came through against all odds...

accept it....like someone said recently, in recent time, jigga dropped a weak album, eminem dropped his worst...snoop dropped a weak album....so in recent times....the quality of music has gone down....massacre was weak in comparison to his 1st...so it shows that shit a couple years back is much better than the shit they releasing now....you can keep a blind eye on all shit gunit or shit of rappers your a fan of, but unlike you, im never gon be on the groupie tip....imma huge snoop fan, i aint ashamed to say it...i hope nigga never quits...same with dre, same with nas......damn imma fan of 50 grodt....shit was bangin....but end of story, imma fan of good music...right now these niggaz aint dropping good music....true story...

peace

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »
^ The problem with your arguement is it completely 100% based on opinion. G-Unit puts out wack music these days? Thats your opinion. You think BFM is better then Rotten Apple? Thats your opinion. I can truthfully say I like the Masscare more then GRODT. I didn't become a G-Unit fan until the Massacre (until they were on top). My favorite G-Unit release was BFM followed by the GRODT OST. I think that Soundtrack was the best music some of them have put out in the mainstream. But thats just my opinion. I thought Rotten Apple was better then the Doctors Advacate. I don't like any Nas song I've ever heard in my life. I don't like any Jay-Z song. My point is, you don't like it, thats your opinion, and your problem. Many G-Unit fans do like it.

The arguement G-Unit's sales are down because the music quality is down doesn't make sense. Was Jay-Z's album quality? Good music doesn't always sell well. I could argue G-Unit's sales are down due to lack of promotion. 3 years ago G-Unit was everywhere, shirts, buses, MTV, magazines, everywhere. Now, the promotion has died. Did Jay-Z's album sell well because of quality or promotion? Promotion is always the key to sales.

And quality wise? Sure, G-Unit has gotten alittle old, alittle overdone. But I fail to see how G-Unit has gone downhill. BFM had fillers, Rotten Apple had fillers, and both albums were different, but neither one superior. Yayo's album IMO was very well done. I liked it. Was it a bad album? Who's anyone to say its bad or good?

Music is not about quality, its about liking or disliking. I think this, you think that. We shouldn't be making arguements based on what is better. We can make speak our mind on what we think is better. But saying G-Unit's new music is wack and saying things like "Accept it" is idiotic. You can't change whether you like an album or not. So don't argue.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 11:57:53 PM by The King »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 02:36:41 AM »
^^ Exactly. And Lyrical G youre always saying GUnit is now dropping weaker effrost than before. Well, tell me this who isnt  ? Like you said everybodys puttting that much higher expecations for them for what ? GUnit were never releasing classic albums and probably never will. I never said that I listen to Gunit because "theyre bringing out classic shit and are the best record label in the world. They make me think about the world with their lyrics."  I listen to other artists for that. The record label is bringing out solid 4/5 album releases and Im not expecting any higher because theyre not capable of it. Everybody keeps bringing up their older shit like that was on some classic shit. All the albums GUnit records release (including Document.) ,except for GRDOT maybe, arent even close to being labeled as classic. But now all of a sudden people are expecting Illmatic stuff from them.

BTW to diss latest albums from Em, Jay, 50, Snoop... but praise DA is just plain silly.