Author Topic: Breaking NFL NEWS!- Aaron Brooks  (Read 918 times)

"THE" MoSav

Breaking NFL NEWS!- Aaron Brooks
« on: February 22, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that The Raiders will not pick up the option on Aaron Brooks contract making him a free agent.
I think this pretty much means that the Raiders will draft Russell pretty much for sure. Yeah looks like that offense is gonna be real explosive, haha. The only chance the Raiders have is if Russell is very good his first year or they need to get a veteran qb because Andrew Walter will leave them with no wins, shit he might not even still be there. The Raiders just made there QB situation more compliacted. Brooks could have been a decent starter in Kiffins offense if Moss and Porter actually give 100 percent, Decent, not good.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Breaking NFL NEWS!- Aaron Brooks
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 11:43:39 AM »
JaMonster baby. btw this should go in the offseason news and notes section buddy.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:42 AM »
good decision. i personally think this guy is horrible. with aaron brooks, this team has a chance of MAYBE what? 5-6 wins? why take another year in the hole 4? start over NOW, with the jamonster.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 11:53:23 AM »
JaMonster has been trademarked by me hommie. any reproduction of that name witout the express written consent of me in prohibited

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »
I don't care who is the quarterback, let's get that Raider O-Line back into good shape and hope Lamont Jordan will be 100% or go with Justin Fargas at running back. You can't pass every down if you got a pass rush on you by the time you snap the ball.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 12:02:16 PM »
Lamont might get cut hes due like 5.5 mill this season

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »
I never was a big Lamont Jordan fan. He did have a 1000 yard rushing season. He fit the type of running back Norv Turner wanted. I like Fargas alot though.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »
fargas is a great change of pace back. he also bulked up last season and got ride of his fumbling problems.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »
fargas is a great change of pace back. he also bulked up last season and got ride of his fumbling problems.

And he got the coolest daddy on the planet.  :pimp:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 12:16:18 PM »
good f brooks he was going no where fast with the ball. hopefully we don't pull a houston and not take what we need in the draft.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »
good f brooks he was going no where fast with the ball. hopefully we don't pull a houston and not take what we need in the draft.

A Matt Millen is more like it. I heard some people are saying Oakland should get Calvin Johnson. Some were saying that and pick up Troy Smith later in the draft. I am not feeling that move at all.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 12:27:24 PM »
that would be gay as fuck, especially considering other teams and their needs would sabatage that idea

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 12:30:31 PM »
I think Troy Smith is a good college quarterback. I don't know if that would translate to NFL success. And he definitely does not fit Oakland's offense IMO.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 02:25:12 PM »
I never was a big Lamont Jordan fan. He did have a 1000 yard rushing season. He fit the type of running back Norv Turner wanted. I like Fargas alot though.

how hard is it REALLY to gain 1,000 yds rushing if ur healthy and start in the NFL? Its like 60 yds per game. The problem with Jordan is that he doesnt get in the end zone enough.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 02:27:46 PM »
good decision. i personally think this guy is horrible. with aaron brooks, this team has a chance of MAYBE what? 5-6 wins? why take another year in the hole 4? start over NOW, with the jamonster.

Yeah whats wrong with 5-6 wins? What if JaMarcus isnt ready? I am all for rebulding but you can still be semi productive while you rebuild, start Brooks and WHENEVER Russell is ready start him. So do you just want to throw him in the fire? Even the Niners gave Smith 6 or 7 games to watch before he started i think the Raiders should do the same. Russell does not rtead covergaes well enuff yet to start in the NFL. Athelticism can only take you so far he has to develop. Andrew Walter will COST the Raiders games. Brooks is def better.

The Best of 3 Worlds