Author Topic: Breaking NFL NEWS!- Aaron Brooks  (Read 896 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Breaking NFL NEWS!- Aaron Brooks
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 02:29:34 PM »
I think Troy Smith is a good college quarterback.

Only time will tell, Thats been said before and proven wrong many times...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »
Lamont might get cut hes due like 5.5 mill this season
go wit Fargas then he can be just as productive given the chance.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »
good f brooks he was going no where fast with the ball. hopefully we don't pull a houston and not take what we need in the draft.

A Matt Millen is more like it. I heard some people are saying Oakland should get Calvin Johnson. Some were saying that and pick up Troy Smith later in the draft. I am not feeling that move at all.

Calvin Johnson is gonna be special IMO, but the Raiders need a QB bad.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »
good f brooks he was going no where fast with the ball. hopefully we don't pull a houston and not take what we need in the draft.

A Matt Millen is more like it. I heard some people are saying Oakland should get Calvin Johnson. Some were saying that and pick up Troy Smith later in the draft. I am not feeling that move at all.
LOL@Matt Millen

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »
JaMonster baby. btw this should go in the offseason news and notes section buddy.
I know but when is BIGGER news, like a starting NFL Qb bout to get cut, i think it deserves its own section cuz we get more discussion that way.

Honestly how many people check the NFL news and Notes threads as much as they check Individual threads?

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 02:37:17 PM »

Calvin Johnson is gonna be special IMO, but the Raiders need a QB bad.

I think he will be too. If our QB situation was better I could see it and then trade Moss or the WCW heavyweight champion Jerry Porter.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 03:04:19 PM »
How did they make the QB situation worse? This means they will draft a QB. If they were to keep Brooks they would be wasting 5 mil in cap space. If they happen to let the rookie QB (Russel, or Quinn) sit the year, it would be better to let the younger QB (Walter) get the playing time instead of an old, more expensive Brooks.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 03:05:53 PM »
How did they make the QB situation worse? This means they will draft a QB. If they were to keep Brooks they would be wasting 5 mil in cap space. If they happen to let the rookie QB (Russel, or Quinn) sit the year, it would be better to let the younger QB (Walter) get the playing time instead of an old, more expensive Brooks.

I wouldnt want Walter playing, hes terrible and hes not a guy you want a young QB to learn from. But Brooks will save space by being cut, so its kind of a no brainer.

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 03:09:51 PM »

I meant if we had a mor stable QB I could see drafting Johnson.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »
good decision. i personally think this guy is horrible. with aaron brooks, this team has a chance of MAYBE what? 5-6 wins? why take another year in the hole 4? start over NOW, with the jamonster.

Yeah whats wrong with 5-6 wins? What if JaMarcus isnt ready? I am all for rebulding but you can still be semi productive while you rebuild, start Brooks and WHENEVER Russell is ready start him. So do you just want to throw him in the fire? Even the Niners gave Smith 6 or 7 games to watch before he started i think the Raiders should do the same. Russell does not rtead covergaes well enuff yet to start in the NFL. Athelticism can only take you so far he has to develop. Andrew Walter will COST the Raiders games. Brooks is def better.

i'm sorry. i forget not every rookie QB can be a Vince Young ;D :D :laugh: :P
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »
good decision. i personally think this guy is horrible. with aaron brooks, this team has a chance of MAYBE what? 5-6 wins? why take another year in the hole 4? start over NOW, with the jamonster.

Yeah whats wrong with 5-6 wins? What if JaMarcus isnt ready? I am all for rebulding but you can still be semi productive while you rebuild, start Brooks and WHENEVER Russell is ready start him. So do you just want to throw him in the fire? Even the Niners gave Smith 6 or 7 games to watch before he started i think the Raiders should do the same. Russell does not rtead covergaes well enuff yet to start in the NFL. Athelticism can only take you so far he has to develop. Andrew Walter will COST the Raiders games. Brooks is def better.

i'm sorry. i forget not every rookie QB can be a Vince Young ;D :D :laugh: :P

yeah u sure did. Jamonster is not Vince Young...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 06:36:06 AM »
They said the same thing about Vince Young, he wouldn't be able to read coverages. Remember when he got that low score on that test, everyone was questioning him.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 10:02:19 AM »
The raiders will have both moss and porter at the start of the year. they will draft JaMonster all will be good in the town come sept.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 10:07:31 AM »
The raiders will have both moss and porter at the start of the year. they will draft JaMonster all will be good in the town come sept.

All is not good for Moss. Hes not the player he used to be..

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »

I hope that is how it plays out. With 2 receivers like that and add Ronald Curry and a good tight end in Anderson, the weapons are there for Russell to throw to.