Author Topic: How Many Of Ya'll Know About "The Secret"...?  (Read 748 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: How Many Of Ya'll Know About "The Secret"...?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »
i love reading about how many people in this post think that they're so much smarter than the rest of the world...
we can't all be smart, you know...

This has nothing to do with being "smart"...

And it's not too hard to see how this movie is 'selfish'...

It is for someone who understood the concept. LOL.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 06:38:07 PM »
Hmmmmm playa. I question if you got the concept. We'll see.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »
LOL. I know you're in high school, but I'm guessing you're underclass, right? Freshman? Sophmore? Seriously, this isn't for your age...PeACe

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 06:44:35 PM »
What's that supposed to mean??? Nigga, it is not hard to figure out what this movies about............Laws of Attraction and how to get what you want. Homie, how could you say that's unture when that's what they're talking about. THEY TELL YOU THAT THEIR SELVES. They tell you what it's about right in the beginning. It ain't hard!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »
What's that supposed to mean??? Nigga, it is not hard to figure out what this movies about............Laws of Attraction and how to get what you want. Homie, how could you say that's unture when that's what they're talking about. THEY TELL YOU THAT THEIR SELVES. They tell you what it's about right in the beginning. It ain't hard!

An immature person can watch this and think it's all about making money or getting materialistic things. :nawty: That's why I say you gotta watch this later on in life, my nig...Answer my question.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 06:57:23 PM »
As put forth in the film, the "Law of Attraction" principle posits that our feelings and thoughts attract real events in the world into our lives; from the workings of the entire cosmos to interactions among individuals in their physical, emotional, and professional affairs.

Now don't lie and pretend like you know what the fuck that means. ;)

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2007, 07:09:56 AM »
i watched it after reading what was beeing said in this thread and the another one where nigga had bought a nice mercedes car after seeing the movie and about how hes whole life changed etc. after watching "the secret".
 this got me curious, not cause i need a new car lol or cause im am unsatisfied with how things are going in my life, i just wanted to see it cause it has to be pretty powerful since people say it changed them
before i saw it i told one of my brighter friends to watch it so we could have a discussion about it later..so this is my opinion about it:

1. its not a secret that positive thinking can get you REALLY far, and if you are stuck in a negative mindstate and u have some problems, then you are probably gonna have a hard time solving them and feel good. In a way the message is in the same spirit as many teachers used to tell us when we were kids, stuff like "u can be anything you want in life" "u can get anything u want in life" just put your mind into it. I very much belive in that, and i find it very true just by looking at my own life.

2. i didnt like how they presented the whole idea when they said many of the greatest thinkers new about "the law of attraction" etc. there are no proof of this, and thats simply why i dont take it seriously. i didnt like the whole "secret" thing cause i dont belive its ever been a secret, thats not whats important though but im just pointing it out.

3. Think of it, lets say u put ALL of your time and energy focusing on what you want in life, then you have a BIG chance of getting it IMO. and i think thats what the movie is really saying, but in different words.

this movie didnt do anything for me, BUT i think it can be helpful for quite many people, specially those who feel they dont have any control of their lives, and need to change their way of thinking to more positive or just need a drastic change in ther life. cause imo almost anything IS possible..

now nik, if u read this, dont come in and say som ignorant shit like your too young or to dumb to understand the movie since thats not the case. The movie is really made in a way so that anyone can understand it, there is nothing complicated at all.

in other words i think seeing this can be a powerful experience for some people but not for everyone, i dont think there ever has been a "secret", they just have taken traditional good advices and put them in "their law of attraction", if it can only change one mans life to the better(im sure it has) then im supporting it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
^^I wouldn't call you young and definitely not dumb, because I don't know your age and you obviously understood the concept. Like I said, most of it was common sense, this film didn't change me one bit (though it did get me thinkin). It will change you if you never understood or believed in the power of the mind, because our brain seriously makes everything and I don't think many people understand that...One thing you said that I disagree about is that the great thinkers and philosophers didn't preach law of attraction. OF COURSE THEY DID! All the great thinkers in this world have basically been billboards for law of attraction, just based on reading their quotes, poems, letters, stories, beliefs etc...The fact that they never went into detail about how powerful and positive their brain functions and how their significance came along, what they did to become who they are, I think, is what makes this a "secret"...I did find the movie a little gimmicky, but you gotta admit, overall, the movie sent a powerful message that may change lives, depending on how much of this you already knew/understood prior to watching the film...PeACe

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »
So what's the problem???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »
So what's the problem???

No problem, you just took the film as "selfish" instead of thoughtful and inspirational...You're young and your life is at a much different stage. If you watched this in 5 years, I can almost guarantee you'll have a completely different outlook on it and greater comprehension of the concept behind it...PeACe

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2007, 12:17:11 PM »
the movie was inspirational but pretty lofty. you gotta take it with a grain of salt.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2007, 12:19:58 PM »
No I won't, homie, just look at how they tellin' you this. Look at that guy hopin you get a parkin' spot, cuz the nigga don't feel like walking, come on man. They come out sayin' 'you can have anything you want' how are you supposed to take it? 'If you want money, you can have it'. You gotta get this!!

I understand about the positively they sayin'. Be positive and positivity will come.

Homie, in some way you know what I mean by selfishness. I know you see it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2007, 12:50:56 PM »
No I won't, homie, just look at how they tellin' you this. Look at that guy hopin you get a parkin' spot, cuz the nigga don't feel like walking, come on man. They come out sayin' 'you can have anything you want' how are you supposed to take it? 'If you want money, you can have it'. You gotta get this!!

I understand about the positively they sayin'. Be positive and positivity will come.

Homie, in some way you know what I mean by selfishness. I know you see it.

The way you took in the whole parking lot sequence is amazing. It's not about finding a parking spot or making money, it's much deeper than that, stop thinking on such a simple level. It's about attracting things with the power of your brain, the parking lot is just an example...Like if you drive to the mall and you tell yourself "fuck, I'm probably never gunna find a spot", chances are you wont...With a positive mindset, you have better chances of attracting a spot or whatever it is you wanna attract in your life...I know you're too young to get this and you think it's "selfish", but seriously, stop tryna analyze it...Like I said numerous times, wait 5 years...PeACe
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:52:48 PM by Now_I_Know »

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
^full of shit. if theres a spot, theres a spot. if you want a bike, save your money. if you dont want an accident, pay the fuck attention

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »
^full of shit. if theres a spot, theres a spot. if you want a bike, save your money. if you dont want an accident, pay the fuck attention

Approaching the situation calm and positive is almost guaranteeing you're more likely to find a spot in a shorter period of time...Aggressive, negative people can drive in circles for hours looking for a spot, only to see they passed one up every couple minutes due to impatience. I've been through it...