Author Topic: DUBCNN: DJ Quik Changes Name And Forms "The Fixxers" With AMG  (Read 1408 times)

Smoke

Re: DUBCNN: DJ Quik Changes Name And Forms "The Fixxers" With AMG
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2007, 09:17:48 AM »
Fandango is a bomb track , that's not wack . it's a Quik style productions

horns and guitar , str8 fire!!

the last productions are wacks

DJSpin

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2007, 09:20:41 AM »
What they really need to do is put out a 304 Posse cd... with Quik, AMG, KK, D , Hi-C, Hamm & Caddy ...maybe a JFN appearance and some unreleased Mausberg verses....   --------------- and thats REAL

youre dreamin' man... anyway who in the hell is Caddy ? plus u need to add suga free to your list!

Tweed Caddy, Brah, from the Penthouse Players Clique w/ PLaya Hamm ...then he went on to form a group called the Macadelics --- c'mon now, you should know that ..   suga wasnt down with quik from day one...plus he stole from him...so to me..he aint part of the 304 compiliation i want to hear.  Mausberg i make an exception RIP

'EclipZe

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »
why dont you girls wait till some more music drops before getting yall periods come up and you all will act like bitches?

can u work that was an ok song, but he can do better, bring the p funk back.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »
like i said before quik latest productions are preety wack... just see...

Xzibit - Random Part DIvision (what da fuck is this???? is worst than Can u Werk with that, and nobody talk about this wack ass track)

Ram Part Division is a crazy ass concept song, the beat isn't typical Quik style but its an awesome song

Paul

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »
No offense to Quik. But this is something a washed out, overdone rapper does. A new group with AMG? Change your name? Release a horrid southern track. I know Dr.Dre releases some sub-par music but at least he doesn't completely embarass himself. DJ Quik is better then Dre. But if this track is representation of what kind of music DJ Quik will be making in the future, then hes officially the next Daz. (except without the coke habit).

The beat isn't bad, but the flow, lyrics, and the sounds of both their voices is unlistenable. This track is that bad I question his future.

calm the fuck down and stop your bitchin
funkyfreshintheflesh

Desert Lord

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »

Fandago is a monster. Love that song!
[/quote]

jap...fandanga is a real dope track...it bumps in the trunk without sounding plastic

Desert Lord

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »

Xzibit - Random Part DIvision (what da fuck is this???? is worst than Can u Werk with that, and nobody talk about this wack ass track)

X-Clan - Brotha Brotha (this is actually a OK track)

Quik & AMG - Can u Werk with that (damnn this is wack and monotonus)

like fandango was a wack single for trauma (great album)  i hope so happens the same with the fixxerz album!

Fandago is a monster. Love that song!

fandango

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2007, 11:48:54 AM »
I did not feel Trauma; no matter how many times I listened to it, I just could not get into it.  I wanted to get inside of DJ Quik's head and figure out what he was thinking until I went to the show in February and heard that album played by a live band.  I had to pick up the instrumental album because I could not get enough of the production.

Ram Part Division is a crazy ass concept song, the beat isn't typical Quik style but its an awesome song

If you want to call Ram Part Division a "crazy ass concept song," go out and pick up Sly Boogy's Judgement Day and skip to track 12, Walk with My Dogs.  Seeing as how that album dropped in 2003, it is apparent who developed the idea.

Diggfinger

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2007, 11:54:17 AM »
I did not feel Trauma; no matter how many times I listened to it, I just could not get into it.  I wanted to get inside of DJ Quik's head and figure out what he was thinking

^^ I think it's pretty clear that what Quik was thinking when making Trauma was "Im mad and angry and Im gonna let that shit out" (or something along those lines).

It's really a shame partially because it does give Trauma a darker glow than other Quik albums, and it does put it down a little bit...I still love the record though..Quik at his finest  8)

Jakubs

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2007, 12:58:21 PM »
Good news. It'll be nice to hear from AMG again. Glad Quik is getting himself together and back in the studio.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Big B

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2007, 12:59:59 PM »
next we'll have the arstist formly known as quik

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2007, 03:57:12 AM »
Very Good Newz And welcome 2 Quik !!

Chief

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2007, 05:49:06 AM »
but that's only ONE song...we'll see

Exactly was I was thinking! C'mon yall, this aint MC Jimmy Crack Corn but DJ QUIK we are talking about here....lets wait to see what the man has in store for us on this new one 8)
(although I wouldnt mind seeing that new one "accidently" being left over ;D)

i goto say after the track sinkin in after a month or so since it released, it's pretty damn wak, i cant play it in my car, and people saying it's for the clubs imo the track wouldnt bump at all in a club.................

i got to admit i didnt like fandango too much at first but it grew on me, this track i cant stand anymore, boring as fuck.

you could try to park your ride in a club and see if it bumps better in there?

club tracks need bass.. the only bass the track has is on the hook, then random bumps during verses.... i cant imagine the track gettin shit movin.

quik needs to make a better single, and drop the track all together.

i still dont doubt midnight life will be dope though, Trauma was the shit, fandango bumps like crazy too, but it was a bad choice for 1st single, people werent ready for that from quik, he shoulda released black mercedes first.