Author Topic: I think people who work for the city should live in the city.  (Read 187 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
I think people who work for the city should live in the city.
« on: February 28, 2007, 04:31:27 PM »
Who agrees??

I know there used to be a time when this was a law, and I think they should go back to it. Now of course it's against the law now cuz it's 'discrimination' but fuck that.

I'm sure this speaks for every city across the entire country.

People who work for their city, whether it be the Street Departments, Police, Water Departments, Teachers, Garbage Men, etc. These people come into the city, get they pay, receive they pentions but DO NOT pay taxes for the city cuz they live in the lil fuckin' outskirts in the suburbs. And then they wanna talk disgusting about it, how much they hate the city they work in. How are these people allowed to get the good pay but don't get the costs of taxes and shit? They get their pentions. They get their nice paycheck. How are they letting this happen?

Don't ya'll feel the same??

Mannn, this needs to be in bold print.

People who work for the city, should live in the city.

swangin and bangin

Re: I think people who work for the city should live in the city.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »
thank you

i fuckin HATE people who do that shit.

people from the bay area go to work there and drive like 2 hours back to sactown. fuckin cause helllllla unwanted traffic and shit

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 11:21:34 PM »
That would make a lot of sence. Little cities beifit so much becuase they are getting tax dollars for nothing. While the bigger cities are getting a little screwed. Why can't big cities annex smaller cities like they did back in the day?
Although I live in San Diego and work in La Jolla (not a city job). So I'm doing things the other way around. :D

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 10:29:59 AM »
thank you

people from the bay area go to work there and drive like 2 hours back to sactown. fuckin cause helllllla unwanted traffic and shit

You're a fucking moron. Do you really think theres enough people that will cause hella traffic when they go to the bay area from Sactown? And if you're complainging about the traffic over there, wait till you come here. The pussy traffic in Sactown aint shit compared to what it is here.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 05:23:05 PM »
thank you

You're a fucking moron. Do you really think theres enough people that will cause hella traffic when they go to the bay area from Sactown? And if you're complainging about the traffic over there, wait till you come here. The pussy traffic in Sactown aint shit compared to what it is here.
shut up bitch, people do, if i drove to downtown from 4-7 it would be traffic up the ass and like 2 years back there would only be traffic from 5-6. and i neever said theres more trraffic in sac then there is in the bay dumbass

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »
I know there used to be a time when this was a law, and I think they should go back to it. Now of course it's against the law now cuz it's 'discrimination' but fuck that.

I'm sure this speaks for every city across the entire country.

People who work for their city, whether it be the Street Departments, Police, Water Departments, Teachers, Garbage Men, etc. These people come into the city, get they pay, receive they pentions but DO NOT pay taxes for the city cuz they live in the lil fuckin' outskirts in the suburbs. And then they wanna talk disgusting about it, how much they hate the city they work in. How are these people allowed to get the good pay but don't get the costs of taxes and shit? They get their pentions. They get their nice paycheck. How are they letting this happen?

Come come now. Just about everybody who works in the city should be forced live there? You're even mentioning teachers as people who "work for the city", so where are you going to draw the line? Besides that, it almost seems as if you're accusing these people of tax fraud, but it's not like they don't pay taxes back where they live!

So you're basically talking about taking the people's freedom to choose where they want to live. If you don't want to live in an urban area, but you do aspire a decent job... That means you're totally fucked by your proposal. That's how stunningly unreasonable it is.

So let's draw a picture here. Say if this proposal of yours would make the cut. That means people from outside the city can't get a job inside the city where all the industries are. Outside the city unemployment will be on the rise, while the city is being flooded with job vacancies. Unemployment leads to a decrease in the quality of life: people will have to cut their expenses, their social life takes a dive, life becomes less satisfying, crime rates go up... And that's all logical reasoning. One hell of a suggestion you've made here, QT!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 05:28:12 PM »
i don't know how the tax system works in the USA but over here companies have to pay corporation tax on the profits which goes into the national pot to be distributed across the country, but they also have to pay a local tax to their local council which get distributed locally, equally employees have to pay local council taxes for where they live and income tax which goes into the big pot. where you got a poor area where council tax is less than a rich area they get extra money from the government from the big pot so it all evens out in the end. so in monetry terms it doesn't matter where you live or work, however I can see a case for encouraging people to work close to theit homes to cut traffic and pollution, but this isn't always practicle.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 06:57:26 PM »
Of course what you're asking for is impossible at this point, BUT

I gotta say that i agree with you, for different reasons. People who don't live in the city don't know what it's like, so they have a different mentality. They don't have the same problems as people from the city, so they can't relate. Fortunately i haven't had to deal with a lot of "City employees" in my life yet, but i can see how that could get frustrating. Big ups to you QT, for thinking about different stuff, whatever it may be, and raise questions. Most people never stop to think about anything except their own immediate surroundings.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 07:00:55 PM »
Quiet Truth deserves some props for this post.

+1
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 08:11:13 PM »
Come come now. Just about everybody who works in the city should be forced live there? You're even mentioning teachers as people who "work for the city", so where are you going to draw the line?
Teachers were never allowed to work for the city unless they lived there. That was a law. These people come to the city now becuz the pay is higher. Now how about the rest of the city people who are poorer than them, payin these higher taxes when these teachers or whoever else who work for city jobs don't have too?

Why can't they work in their own town? Cuz the pay ain't like it is in the city. Or these City Department employees who get all kinds of benefits, they get fuckin' pentions, and they get it good when they go home. You don't see nothing wrong with that?

Non urban residents even get fuckin' welfare. What kind of bullshit is that?

So let's draw a picture here. Say if this proposal of yours would make the cut. That means people from outside the city can't get a job inside the city where all the industries are. Outside the city unemployment will be on the rise, while the city is being flooded with job vacancies. Unemployment leads to a decrease in the quality of life: people will have to cut their expenses, their social life takes a dive, life becomes less satisfying, crime rates go up... And that's all logical reasoning. One hell of a suggestion you've made here, QT!
I think that's a some bullshit becuz mostly, not all, but most people who are livin' oustide of the city got good jobs, which is why they are out of here.

And workin' for the City are fuckin' great jobs!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 08:13:24 PM »
Of course what you're asking for is impossible at this point
So true though. I know.

Good looks anyways!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 08:19:06 PM »
Oh yeah and THE CITIES have schools. These special schools, like States Schools and Arts Schools, who bring in students from the surrounding areas.....now who's payin' for them?!?!

Also, when the surrounding areas need welfare, guess where they have to go, the city...........now who's payin' for them!?!?!

Elevz

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 04:45:12 AM »
I see what you mean QT, and props for your well thought out vision.

Why can't they work in their own town? Cuz the pay ain't like it is in the city. Or these City Department employees who get all kinds of benefits, they get fuckin' pentions, and they get it good when they go home. You don't see nothing wrong with that?

Why can't they work in their own town? They can, but the really good jobs are in the city! That's where you can develop a good career.

Now, what seems the case here, is that the problem isn't exactly that these people don't live where they work; from the way you're breaking it down it seems like this is a problem about paying taxes.
What does that tell you? Should all these people have their rights to freely choose where to live revoked, so that the current tax system can work properly? Or perhaps it's the entire tax system that needs to be revised?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 09:34:44 AM »
^ Lol, nah. But it isn't fair. Inner city residents are payin' taxes for themselves to live here but also for 'out of towners' welfare checks and their kids to come into a certain school. And the 'out of towners' don't got to pay shit. I mean city residents got good jobs too but what makes up these city jobs are people who don't even live here, and those is good ass jobs. What's also pretty funny is that you hear them talk about 'Oh, they are raising the taxes' like dude, why does it concern you?

If you want to work for a city job you should have to pay the taxes.

Propz too. ;)