Author Topic: They love my pain because it makes for great music  (Read 96 times)

KURUPTION-81

They love my pain because it makes for great music
« on: February 27, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »
"They love my pain because it makes for great music " - tech N9ne

One of the truest lyrics ever.

The best music comes from artists who are struggling or experiencing pain. It brings out the inner thoughts of that artist, he has something to share or battle for. Look at scarface he is a manic depressive and his lyrics show that, tupac is another one.

Depressing music is usually the most personal and thats what makes you relate to an artist, most people cant relate to having a bentley or gold in there teeth, but they can relate to losing a loved one, suffering or been in a struggle.

Thats why the best artists are the ones that can portray that.

I know this is kinda random thread but its just what i was thinking when i was listening to tech n9nes the rain.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

Re: They love my pain because it makes for great music
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:17:58 AM »
no one else agree ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Throwback

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:02:09 AM »
i agree. but it makes me feel bad most of the times too. so i dont listen much to that shit.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »
Well isn't that a true as fuck line. That's sick. Lol.

Narrator

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »
I don't like artists who have a high degree of self-pity (and there are a lot of rappers like that).  2Pac occasionally went in that direction but he also had a fighting spirit for change and self-improvement.  He was just after the truth.  Self-pity means you ain't looking for anything.

The kinda niggas I respect are the ones who promote revolution and change...which means loading a clip into that chopper and taking what's yours.  And killing crackers to get it, of course.  Like D.I.T.C. said, "How the hell a cat with two good hands and feet, not survive and be a bum in the street?  Getcha weight up RIGHT NOW, we ain't promised later, do watcha gotta do to get them big-headed papers."  That's how you roll, son...buck the devil, all day, everyday.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 01:27:41 PM »
I agree, feel-good music is phony to me.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin