Author Topic: The Rise Of The West Began With The African Slave Trade  (Read 531 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The Rise Of The West Began With The African Slave Trade
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:17:56 PM »
I was at Barnes and Noble bookstore the other day and I went to their history section.  I was curious and I started browsing through all these books about the rise and fall of the British Empire.  You know what they all had in common?

The first chapters all start with the white man's immigration to the America's (this includes the islands).  For Britian this mainly started at the beggining of the 17th century.  Then it goes in order like this...

1.  White man comes to America
2.  White man can't survive in America
3.  Native American Indians try to help white man
4.  White man still can't survive in America
5.  White man starts importing slaves from Africa to do white man's work

...6.  Suddenly white man's fortune changes, Britian becomes wealthy, starts dominating world polotics for next 400 years
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:25:59 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Rise Of The West Began With The African Slave Trade
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:26:07 PM »
As a footnote, you can go back even before that, and say that Europe only came out of the dark ages as a result of Islamic Spain's influence on the region.  And this ofcourse immediately relates to the white man's discovery of America; because after the Christian Spanish inquisition took over Spain, Spain soon thereafter lead the way in the white man's discovery and immigration to America.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:33:28 PM »
You're wrong.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:49:12 PM »
Definatly some truth to that. But I think the Industrial Revolution played a part too. ;)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:00:35 PM »
Definatly some truth to that. But I think the Industrial Revolution played a part too. ;)

I'll agree with that... but then again... that's the big reason the West stopped using the system of slavery, because they modernized slavery and so the black people weren't working in the fields anymore, they were working in the cities, in the industry; and the old system of slavery doesn't work in the city.  But still, their apartment was owned by the white man, and all their money was spent at the white man's businesses.  So it was just an updated version of slavery, with some obvious advantages.

Think about it, how come the North didn't mind fighting the South over the issue of slavery?  Is it because the Northern white man was that much more humane than the Southern white man?  Ofcourse not.  It's because the North had industry while the South was farming.  Blacks could work for the industry in the North and slavery didn't need to be applied in the same manner there.

XaNdEr

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »
you have lost track of reality, seriously what drugs are you using? gotta make sure i never use that shit  8)

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:45:21 PM »
those six points are all fallacies and are just slanted pieces of shit to support your little white guilt essay

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 11:57:42 PM »
You're wrong.

Explain

The "RISE" of the West had nothing to do with the slave trade. Slaves were used for labor after the rise, but had nothing to do with the West actually beginning to surpass the rest of the world.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 12:02:48 AM »

The "RISE" of the West had nothing to do with the slave trade. Slaves were used for labor after the rise, but had nothing to do with the West actually beginning to surpass the rest of the world.

Then please tell me about the "actual" beggining because it seems all the authors at Barnes and Noble must have missed what you know about.  So again, I ask you to explain.

XaNdEr

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 12:07:34 AM »
Why is everyone taking abdul serious, i mean its all his opinions, backed up by facts, but its still his opinion, im sure theres at least hundreds of people with other views on it...lol

he bases all this on 1 book he read, thats hella stupid  8)

Chief

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 12:08:15 AM »
so what should we do?

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 12:25:59 AM »

god this guy is a kook..

make your mind up.. is it off the back of black people,or muslims?

which nationality white people "stole the slaves"?

how did the first shipments of slaves get populated?.. i.e. who gave the whites the slaves? did the go round up people like cattle or what?

do you know how small a part of europe spain is when compared to the rest? fuck all influence on the rest.

nexy time you "travel" try travelling to spain, france, greece and england or something get a real handle on the shit you talk about..

in the most part spain is a backwards ass country of fisherman and farmers and its deeply catholic, just like its adjacent portugal it aint no "power base".. in other parts they have some beautiful stuff, barcelona in particular is stunning.. and work on the sagrada cathedral started in 1882 and is still going. check the pics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 12:32:59 AM »

Then please tell me about the "actual" beggining because it seems all the authors at Barnes and Noble must have missed what you know about.  So again, I ask you to explain.

First of all, the authors whose books you skimmed through didn't reach the conclusion of the West's rise being tied to the slave trade... you admitted that's the conclusion you came to. For obvious reasons, free labor was definitely beneficial to them, and they gained a lot from slavery, but that doesn't mean the rise of the west began with slavery. Before I answer your question, think about this... slavery existed for many many years before the West used Africans in the New World, so why didn't all those other people practicing slavery rise to the status of the West?

The institutions of capitalism existed in the Middle East thousands of years ago, but the thing is that merchants/traders were looked down upon since they made so much money without producing anything tangible, while farmers were working their asses off in the fields making jackshit. Since a majority of the people saw them as some kind of evil, it was easy for governments to rape them for their money.. nobody was gonna oppose it. What changed everything to what we see today is the Papal revolution in 1075. This created the legal and administrative infrastucture for a market economy (ex: property rights, protecting Merchants, etc). The Church was above the State, so now profit-seeking was the norm, and it was protected. For over a thousand years, the economies (standards of living) in places like China and India were greater than that of the West (Roman Empire, etc)... but this is when the West BEGAN to RISE... and eventually with the Industrial Revolution, completely leave others in the dust (that's because it transformed agrarian economies constrained by the products derived from a limited resource aka land to one using an "unlimited" amount aka fossil fuels.. leading to promethean intensive growth yada yada if you want me to go into the specific economic aspects let me know.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:34:34 AM by JML - no vowels, disembowel your Colin Powell, throw in the towel »

LOL @ this fudgepacker

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 12:34:02 AM »

god this guy is a kook..

make your mind up.. is it off the back of black people,or muslims?

which nationality white people "stole the slaves"?

how did the first shipments of slaves get populated?.. i.e. who gave the whites the slaves? did the go round up people like cattle or what?

do you know how small a part of europe spain is when compared to the rest? fuck all influence on the rest.

nexy time you "travel" try travelling to spain, france, greece and england or something get a real handle on the shit you talk about..

in the most part spain is a backwards ass country of fisherman and farmers and its deeply catholic, just like its adjacent portugal it aint no "power base".. in other parts they have some beautiful stuff, barcelona in particular is stunning.. and work on the sagrada cathedral started in 1882 and is still going. check the pics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia

So, what exactly is your counter argument to what I said? 

I guess you were trying to say that what I said somehow wasn't true because  black Afrrican's were involved in selling their own people to white slave owners.  Okay, fine.  What's your point? 

That still doesn't do anything to refute the fact that the British Empire was biult on the backs of black slaves.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:35:46 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop »