Author Topic: I was reading the MTV greatest rap groups thread  (Read 142 times)

herpes

I was reading the MTV greatest rap groups thread
« on: March 03, 2007, 03:04:38 PM »
and how come no one ever mentions naughty by nature ?  Its not like they are one hit wonders.  They have street songs, party joints, songs for the ladies.  Treach was dope lyrically and had a dope flow.  KayGee was a good producer.  Hip Hop Hooray, OPP, and feel me flow still get parties jumping.  How come no one ever gives naughty by nature any props ?

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Re: I was reading the MTV greatest rap groups thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
Hip Hop Horaaaay hooooo, heeeeey...

That shit is a anthem, yeah they desearve their props!

swangin and bangin

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 03:20:39 PM »
props to naught by nature, and what song was that they did wit them 3 bitchs 3lw

everlast1986

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »
NBN knew how to put together a great single but how many quality solid albums did they put out? There are a good number of groups i would put ahead of UGK and The Fugees on that MTV list so I maybe wouldn't consider them top 10. Pretty close though.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 06:12:07 PM »
Treach and KayGee were fucking mindblowing on their debut album.  I think it's one of the most slept on albums in Hip Hop.  Yoke the Joker and Wickedest Man Alive were just brutal.  19Naughty3 was very good, and Poverty's Paradise had some incredible joints as well.  19Naughty9 was a bit poppier on the production tip, and Treach wasn't AS vicious as he used to be, but it was still worthwhile.

Now whatever that album was that didn't have KayGee (the one with the 3lw joint) was complete garbage and shouldn't have been released.

Vinny was a nice complement to Treach, but was never amazing or anything.  But he had a good voice and a tight flow so it wasn't like he drug them down.

I think I read that KayGee is back in the picture and they're working on another album.  I'll check for it.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 03:32:29 AM »
^^Jrome are you talking about their first Naughty By Nature album, or the album where they weren't called Naughty By Nature and had another name?I'm asking cause I'm curious to check that out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

ABN

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 05:27:06 AM »
i´d put Naughty up there with Onyx. 2 quality groups that made hella dope music but weren´t great lyricists or nothing.