Author Topic: Your Explanation Of Why T.I. Sold Records?  (Read 1794 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Your Explanation Of Why T.I. Sold Records?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 10:44:56 AM »
yall are some dumb asses...use your memories to throw it back a good two years and remember the movie ATL? It was tied into the promotion of TI's album and the commercials for the movie played damn near the whole song "what you know about that?" so cross marketing, timing and good promotion are what sent that album over the top.

...much like jay z used his cross promotion skills to push kingdom come.

the lesson learned today is that even the shittiest music will sell if you shove it down consumers throats.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 11:36:20 AM »
yall are some dumb asses...use your memories to throw it back a good two years and remember the movie ATL? It was tied into the promotion of TI's album and the commercials for the movie played damn near the whole song "what you know about that?" so cross marketing, timing and good promotion are what sent that album over the top.

...much like jay z used his cross promotion skills to push kingdom come.

the lesson learned today is that even the shittiest music will sell if you shove it down consumers throats.

A good 2 yrs for ATL? were not even at a single year yet. diddy's album was shoved down our throats, and that sold as well, correct? ooh wait, NO. think first dog
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »
is ATL the movie yall are talking about? I never heard of him being in a movie

someone said:

and if you grind extremely hard success will come your way eventually.-Tell THAT to Ras Kass...

T.I. is dope. i don't prefer him over any of the artists that i like but he is dope and his songs come together nicely.
shoulder lean is gimmicky, but not so much in a bad way.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »

someone said:

and if you grind extremely hard success will come your way eventually.-Tell THAT to Ras Kass...

T.I. is dope. i don't prefer him over any of the artists that i like but he is dope and his songs come together nicely.

-T

yes, ATL. he is the star in it. Shoulder Lean is indeed gimmicky, but that was Young Dro's song. I know he's the boss of Dro, but it's still not his song.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 03:32:36 PM »

someone said:

-T

yes, ATL. he is the star in it. Shoulder Lean is indeed gimmicky, but that was Young Dro's song. I know he's the boss of Dro, but it's still not his song.

I wasn't dissing it, it's a good song. Just saying to the people who are saying he ain't gimmicky.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 03:59:02 PM »

someone said:

-T

I wasn't dissing it, it's a good song. Just saying to the people who are saying he ain't gimmicky.

-T

ooh i know. i'm just saying that was a dro single

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »

someone said:

-T

-T

ooh i know. i'm just saying that was a dro single

oh word, +1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

ABN

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 04:13:21 PM »
do you know what grinding and putting in work is? well that´s something that Ras Kass hasn´t done, period. he´s a whining little bitch, you aint hear T.I. whining like a 5 year old child when his first album flopped. he regrouped and worked 10x harder. if Ras Kass was working his fucking ass off and putting himself in the public eye success would eventually come his way. but the ho rather whine about his record company fucking him over(how you gonna complain about a contract you signed especially when you´re as "smart" as Ras lol?)and this and that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:15:03 PM by Pissin' On The Throne »

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 06:51:23 PM »
do you know what grinding and putting in work is? well that´s something that Ras Kass hasn´t done, period. he´s a whining little bitch, you aint hear T.I. whining like a 5 year old child when his first album flopped. he regrouped and worked 10x harder. if Ras Kass was working his fucking ass off and putting himself in the public eye success would eventually come his way. but the ho rather whine about his record company fucking him over(how you gonna complain about a contract you signed especially when you´re as "smart" as Ras lol?)and this and that.

Don't got much to say about Ras, but the T.I. thing was true. Arista fucked him over major, and he never bitched on it. He dropped a few street mixtapes which got him a buzz agian (T.I. & P$C In The Streets Vol 1-3) and Atlantic gave him a chance. It's really paid off. Instead of dissin arista and shit, he proved them wrong, and even takes a playful jab at them on the king album :D

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2007, 08:34:20 AM »
T.I. has had some good production on his singles (for the most part).  Some of those beats are undeniable.  So I give a lot of credit for that.  And yeah, he's got a swag to him which is what most of yall look for in a rapper.  I've never seen him as much more than that.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
T.I. has had some good production on his singles (for the most part).  Some of those beats are undeniable.  So I give a lot of credit for that.  And yeah, he's got a swag to him which is what most of yall look for in a rapper.  I've never seen him as much more than that.
he's actually a lyricist too, it's easy to miss it but I was fortunate enough to have a real hip hop head ass head show him to me, and he showed me some mixtape stuff where he was just spittin' and it sounded very different than the radio stuff.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »
he's actually a lyricist too, it's easy to miss it but I was fortunate enough to have a real hip hop head ass head show him to me, and he showed me some mixtape stuff where he was just spittin' and it sounded very different than the radio stuff.

-T

T.I. can be a straight lyricist if he wants to. His mixtape shit does show that. Also Tanj, I HIGHLY recommend you check out his "Trap Muzik" LP. A southern classic, and He spits HARD on the shit man.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 01:52:26 PM »

-T

T.I. can be a straight lyricist if he wants to. His mixtape shit does show that. Also Tanj, I HIGHLY recommend you check out his "Trap Muzik" LP. A southern classic, and He spits HARD on the shit man.

dope, thanks for the rec. +1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »

-T

-T

np man. A very different artist on there. Right after this album is when he got a bit more commercial. The production on trap muzik is mostly slow & calm, very laid back. Also not alot of big names or producers. Vocal appearances only come from Macboney, Bun B, 8ball, MJG, & Jazze Pha. He's still got a few fast pace tracks on it for sure. But his lyrics are on another level on this record man.

Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »

-T

-T

if you check it out, let me know what you think man

+1