Poll

Best Version ???

Akon
Nate Dogg

Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Snoop Dogg - Boss' Life (Feat. Nate Dogg)  (Read 2778 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Snoop Dogg - Boss' Life (Feat. Nate Dogg)
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2007, 02:20:15 PM »
I like Akon's style. Nate's voice on hooks can sound played out too me now for the most part. It's time to move into the 21st century guys.

d-nice

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2007, 02:24:45 PM »
there's plenty cats I'd rather see with snoop, but i won't say akon can't sing.

i wonder why snoop doesn't fuck with Butch anymore.

-T

Snoop sometimes gets into these stages where he wants to work with big name guests to create a bigger buzz rather than put a underground artists on or the crew to sell a record. As for the single Boss' Life, it is a sign of the times you have a Dr. Dre produced single with Snoop on it as a official single and it creates almost NO BUZZ.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2007, 02:28:42 PM »

-T

Snoop sometimes gets into these stages where he wants to work with big name guests to create a bigger buzz rather than put a underground artists on or the crew to sell a record. As for the single Boss' Life, it is a sign of the times you have a Dr. Dre produced single with Snoop on it as a official single and it creates almost NO BUZZ.
Then again, like Lunatic said in the other Boss Life thread, only a rapper's 1st and maybe 2nd single are picking up buzz. If this was the 1st single, things could have been better. I aslo think that the Dre name doesn't hold THAT much weight outside of Cali anymore. I sure as hell aren't gonna be interseted in something just because Dre is invloved. I actually though "Boss's Life" was a boring beat imo.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »
I like Akon's style. Nate's voice on hooks can sound played out too me now for the most part.

LOL. This comment is hilarious. Akon's style suddenly isn't extremely repetitive? Nate Dogg has amazing range. He shits on Akon all day, every day...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »

-T

cause it wasn't anything new to non-west coast fans. what does boss' life that 'just dippin' didn't have?

a song like TNE from 2001 with dre/snoop will blow the fuck up cause it's a banging simple (seemingly at least) club style beat...Boss' life is really laid back and musical, not TOO hard hitting and people have short attention spans.  I think, this may sound weird, but round here may have been a better choice for how hard hitting/different it is....

also....I don't see why rappers work with mediocre ass Jamie Foxx if they're not gonna make a single out of the whack ass songs they do with him. Game and snoop made these horrible songs for nothing, they should both do vids for their jamie foxx songs and redeem their placement on the album for some scratch...not for me, but for themsevles, anything less would be dumb.

i can see how some people can say nate is played out...I don't agree but it's like the people that think g-funk should be left to rest...I see why they say that but to me it's a good sounding style so if it ain't broke don't fix it you know?
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »
^^Butch... now THAT'S a real singer. I don't consider what Akon does singing...

haha, you crazy man, +1

duuuude, we picked up this shit from a dispensary called Earth Collective on Sunset called 'Kosher Kush' and it shows like a leaf inside of a jewish star on the eighth jar, the shit is ridiculously dank. You should check it out if you ever hit sunset for the canna-clubs.

-T

Kosher Kush? :laugh:

GOTTA try that shit...Do you have your own card?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2007, 02:31:22 PM »
Nate<<< Buch <<< Kokane <<< Knoc <<< Akon

Hopefully, you got this backwards...Right?

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2007, 02:32:55 PM »
Nate<<< Buch <<< Kokane <<< Knoc <<< Akon

Hopefully, you got this backwards...Right?

Butch>>>Akon>>>Nate>>>Kokane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Knoc

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2007, 02:34:33 PM »

haha, you crazy man, +1

duuuude, we picked up this shit from a dispensary called Earth Collective on Sunset called 'Kosher Kush' and it shows like a leaf inside of a jewish star on the eighth jar, the shit is ridiculously dank. You should check it out if you ever hit sunset for the canna-clubs.

-T

Nah, I'ma  caretaker at CC Studio City though. I just haven't ponied up the 125-200 bucks yet. I don't really need it though given my LB friends, SF friends, cats that pick up from the pharmacy regularly anyway.

I just got 20 romulon joints for 100 bucks from the vapor room in san fran on haight street. also some sour kush hash (20 a g), i am immensely satisfied.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »

haha, you crazy man, +1

-T

Nah, I'ma  caretaker at CC Studio City though. I just haven't ponied up the 125-200 bucks yet. I don't really need it though given my LB friends, SF friends, cats that pick up from the pharmacy regularly anyway.

I just got 20 romulon joints for 100 bucks from the vapor room in san fran on haight street. also some sour kush hash (20 a g), i am immensely satisfied.

-T

Dude what the fuck u talking bout? U hustle? Youre making it sound like they pick up at a regular pharmacy.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2007, 03:12:18 PM »

haha, you crazy man, +1

-T

-T

Dude what the fuck u talking bout? U hustle? Youre making it sound like they pick up at a regular pharmacy.

you're not in CA are you?

In 1996 the compassionate use act  was passed, it was originall proposition 215. we have a semi legal (legal by state law, not federal law) multi billion dollar medical marijuana industry in CA. there are dispensaries/pharmacies/clinics/organizations all over San Fran and LA. anyone in CA can get a medical marijuana presciription with 200 bucks and the right doctor, and all that can easily be found online. where you located man?

that's what snoop is talking about in 'candy', deez nuts candy bars have been at pharmacies in LBC for a minute, i've eaten them. i wasn't active though at the time, was a few years back, otherwise i would have mentioned it here. it was probably 04-05.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »

haha, you crazy man, +1

-T

-T

In 1996 the compassionate use act  was passed, it was originall proposition 215. we have a semi legal (legal by state law, not federal law) multi billion dollar medical marijuana industry in CA. there are dispensaries/pharmacies/clinics/organizations all over San Fran and LA. anyone in CA can get a medical marijuana presciription with 200 bucks and the right doctor, and all that can easily be found online. where you located man?
-T

Jersey homie, thought u knew. So, weed is basically legal in Cali?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2007, 03:17:57 PM »

haha, you crazy man, +1

-T

-T

-T

Jersey homie, thought u knew. So, weed is basically legal in Cali?

yeah, just forgot.

well....it can be legal on an individual basis if you get your prescription. but the feds give us alot of shit. pharmacies get raided all the time. but the more liberal areas of CA like SF and LA...weed can definitely at least be considered semi-legal because of the booming medical mairjuana communities.

some areas, like Long beach have very strong medical marijuana communities to the point where the local authorities will defend the pharmacies from federal attack. it's all about the valus of your community. the entire city of long beach has refused service(cops, restaurants, the whole 9 yards) to the feds when they knew they were in town for raids...but that's the exception not the rule. alot of clinics are crooked (ie: sell to non patients, doctors give prescriptions to non-sick people) and those are the ones most likely to get raided. I, personally, am a caretaker. I have access to pick up from a specific clinic on behalf of a patient. it's a good clinic too, in Studio City (LA/Hollywood)

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2007, 03:32:33 PM »
Where u at in LA? Im bout to try to go there as my vacation. So what about the street dealers?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »
Where u at in LA? Im bout to try to go there as my vacation. So what about the street dealers?

I live in the IE about an hour east of LA.

street dealers keep it poppin' too. there's plenty of people who can't afford the 200 bucks at a given time to get the prescription (shit i guess that includes me, i haven't bought mine yet but i haven't desperately needed to) that just pick up dubs or eighths or whatever and they go to street dealers and there's still plenty. alot of street dealers have medical grade shit because clearly someone is growing it and they may not sell it all to legitimate dispensaries/clinics.

-T

westcoastavengers.com