Author Topic: Ya Heard - Top 10 Highlights: February 2007  (Read 102 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ya Heard - Top 10 Highlights: February 2007
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:01:59 AM »
We are already in March of ’07 and with 12 months, 365 and sometimes 366 days, in one year – who can track of all the music, album sales, label signings, fashion, films, events, gadgets, and celebrities in the entertainment industry? Trust me, I know it’s a lot to swallow but somebody has to do it. This is why Yo! Raps is bringing you its newest and latest feature titled – "Ya Heard – Top 10 Highlights.” It will serve as a compilation and countdown, and highlight the 10 hottest things and/or the best breaking news stories that occurred within the past month, in this case February 2007. Starting with number 10 being the least monthly mention-worthy and number 1 being at the top of the list, it’s going to be a tough call to make.

And starting with number 10:

10. The Groundhog didn’t see his shadow! Now we’re gonna have an early spring. Yay!

Okay so that wasn’t as newsworthy but you get the point, right? So I am going to run it down to you like this:

From Anna Nicole Smith’s untimely death to Britney’s new cut that was funky, funky, fresh. P.Diddy’s being charged with assault in L.A. and a new album’s coming from the man, Dr. Dre. From 50 and Cam cooking beef in the streets to Lil Wayne’s apology for dissin’ Jay-Z. Jenny Hud. made it big with her new Oscar win and Busta was nabbed for his illegal driving. Yep, Jermaine Dupri is a new Corporate Chief and The Game and Young Buck had All-Star beef.

Now that you’ve mastered the lyrics, let me give you the details. Anna Nicole Smith was most recently known for the controversy involving her infant daughter. Apparently, she was unsure as to whom the father was and two men were in question. She was also the face for TrimSpa, and notoriously known for being on of the Playboy Playmates, a model, and a reality television celebrity. When she passed away in February, Anna Nicole Smith’s dramatized life resurfaced.

Jermaine Dupri has made quite a name for himself over the years. Known for his music production expertise and also for being a rapper, he was recently appointed as the President of Island Records Urban Music, a new division of the Island Def Jam Music Group. In October of 2006, he resigned from his position as President of Urban Music at Virgin Records.

Pop singer Britney Spears, who has been the in the media spotlight for the past few years over her lifestyle instead of her music, is yet another target for media scandal. I woke up one morning and walked into my local deli and saw Britney Spears, with her shaved head, on the cover of the New York Daily News. Within days, it was all over T.V. and on the internet and it was reported that she checked herself in and out of rehabs three times within a week! If shaving her hair off her head is an attempt to strip herself bare of her problems, I say do what you must but in the name of sanity! That was insane.

Busta Rhymes is another one who we haven’t heard much music from lately. However, he too, just made entertainment headlines again for delinquent behavior. Police stopped Busta Rhymes after he ran I red light and then he was arrested for driving with a suspended license. My question is, if you weren’t even supposed to be driving, why would you be running red lights??? He was previously accused of assaulting his employee and charges on that case are currently pending.

All Star 2007 went down in Las Vegas and so did the drama Young Buck and The Game. Although the two did not resort to physical altercation, harsh words were definitely spewed between them. I guess, this kind of drama could only be expected since The Game was once a part of but no longer is a member of G-Unit.

Puffy, Puff Daddy, P.Diddy, Sean Combs – I am sure we are all familiar. Well being a music and fashion mogul, he is always in the news. Furthermore, it seems that although his business efforts and success garner him much attention, so does the melodramatic events that seem to unfold around him. While in L.A. for the Oscars, P. Diddy attended an after party where he allegedly attacked a man and punched him in the face. He is now under investigation by the Los Angeles Police.

Jay-Z, need I say more? Well, apparently, Lil’ Wayne felt the need to. He professed to be a better rapper than Jay-Z in the December/January issue of Complex magazine. Wow! That is all I have to say. However, he did express to XXL Magazine that he wanted “... to throw that apology out there ’cause of whatever trouble I caused, I ain’t want that to happen.” I am not sure why he decided to apologize but I am glad that he did, for reasons that I will keep to myself.

When you think of Dr. Dre, it is only natural to classify him among Hip-Hop and the music industry’s pioneers and geniuses. Thus, after announcing that he wasn’t rapping anymore beyond the verse featured on The Game’s debut LP, and that his long-time album Detox was going to be put on hold – Dr. Dre announced that his album The Detox will be released this year! It is hard not be excited when all his work is nothing short of excellence. Detox is an album that is going to be highly anticipated!

Jennifer Hudson made headlines again. Now, her accomplishments are incredible! To being wrongfully ousted off of American Idol to starring as “Effie” in the movie “Dreamgirls,” a major Golden Globe winner - is something to talk about! After winning a Golden Globe herself, Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar! She is incredibly talented and always appears to be extremely humble. I am rooting for her all the way!

I am already laughing, and smiling, and still laughing, hysterically. 50 Cent was on the Angie Martinez show featured on NY’s Hot 97 Radio Station and was talking to someone at Koch Records. Moments later, 50 demanded that he speaks with Cam´ron. Cam gets on the phone with 50 and asked 50 could he shut down The Diplomats. When he 50 answered, he apparently struck a nerve with Cam´ron and the conversation turned into an emotional verbal discussion for Cam´ron. 50 than began explaining to Cam in so many words that he was and his whole crew were way more powerful than his. Cam´ron didn’t handle it well and began swearing, while 50 maintained his composure. Next thing I know, mixtapes with both 50 and Cam dissing one another, were everywhere. If you missed the conversation on Hot 97 you have to catch it on YouTube, it was so entertaining. 50, you’re the gulliest!

Ya Heard – Top 10 Highlights: February 2007

10. Anna Nicole Smith passes away
9. Jermaine Dupri is named President of Island Records Urban Music
8. Britney Spears shaves her head
7. Busta Rhymes arrested for driving with a suspended license
6. The Game & Young Buck have drama at All Star 2007
5. P. Diddy is accused of Battery in L.A.
4. Lil Wayne apologizes for dissin’ Jay-Z in Complex magazine
3. Dr. Dre announces his new album, Detox, will be released in ‘07
2. Jennifer Hudson wins an Oscar
1. 50 Cent & Cam´ron’s beef is all over the radio

So here you have it, February’s top 10 highlighted moments. And, with 50 and Cam´ron’s beef being at the top of the list, as my very good friend always says, “They were gettin’ it in!” I am guilty as charged, I can’t front, everyone loves a little drama, I know I do – and I am interested to see what unfolds between these two. I am also excited about the new Apple I-Phone that was announced and will be released soon, although it did not make my list. Well, I hope you stay tuned to see what makes my top 10 list for the month of March. You never know, you might be on my list! Oh yeah, stop laughing at my rap.

- By Sharra Dade (Yo! Raps - www.yoraps.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Elevz

Re: Ya Heard - Top 10 Highlights: February 2007
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:13 AM »
The Dre news wasn't any news. And Britney should have been top of the list, because she'll be dead by the end of next week, and we've all seen it coming!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
What a degrading list!! Shit.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 02:21:12 PM »
dre had a verse on documentary? he referring to the unreleased where i'm from?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »

-T

Eh... Well... Dre did have some ad libs saying "Look out for Detox!" on Higher. But his verse was cut off Where I'm From, so really, other than that one line, his voice wasn't on The Documentary. Kinda weird for the article to be saying that anyway.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »

-T

Eh... Well... Dre did have some ad libs saying "Look out for Detox!" on Higher. But his verse was cut off Where I'm From, so really, other than that one line, his voice wasn't on The Documentary. Kinda weird for the article to be saying that anyway.

word +1

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram