Author Topic: Lol Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 is coming in...  (Read 770 times)

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Lol Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 is coming in...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 10:01:45 PM »
Wu-Tang's new album is supposed to be dropping this year.

Efrain

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »

This is such a tragedy. Rza and Rae did something like 40 songs and they hyped them up to be some of the best. They even said that "state of grace" track (ridiculous) might not even be good enough to make the final cut. Now Rae's on Aftermath where he's just going to record solo records over throw away “Dre” beats that will never come out anyway... just so Aftermath can write the work off as a loss on their tax return. So fucking stupid, thanks a lot Dre. 

Throwaway Dre beats?
RZA is even more out of his prime than Dre is. Furthermore, they're both still capable of dope shit, so I have high hopes.

when did we hear the album was done? last I read it was being made. I wouldn't think he'd be low on the priority list. Is there any dre produced raekwon besides my corner?

Yeah but dude, since when is the appropriate production direction decided exclusively on who is capable of making "dope shit"?

R Kelly is still capable of making "dope shit"... but do you really think he is an appropriate choice to produce Cuban Linx pt. II? No, of course not, the same goes for Dr. Dre. There has to be some continuity in style and those two styles (RZA and Dre) are night and day, black and white, completely opposite.

Rza is grimy, dirty samples and drums filtered through decade + old equipment in complex sequences. Dre, on the other hand, has a very polished sound using state of the art equipment with the brightest drums kits in the industry almost exclusively without the use of any samples in a straightforward repetitive loop.

Where in those two styles do you see any similarity? (And BTW I'm pretty sure Dre didnt produced "My Corner")

Here's some news clips I found on the album from October/November of last year.   

RZA released some exclusive information on Cuban Linx II to Wu-Tang Corp today. RZA promises the fans it will be a real classic, Raekwon is said to be in his most murderous vibe of writing and the songs are coming along lovely. The whole Clan (minus the late ODB) is confirmed to appear on the album. The next street single after the well accepted "State Of Grace" will probably be the RZA produced "Secret Inditement". Although RZA is sceptical about outside producers making the final cut, there are a few that have a good chance of getting on there.

With respect to the late J.Dilla, the song "House Of The Flying Daggers" is a candidate for the album. Scram Jones has also shopped his beats to Raekwon and RZA. The one producer everyone is wondering about however is Dr.Dre. RZA and Dre were in the studio last week together going through a mass amount of beats. So far, according to RZA there are 3 songs produced by Dre that both Raekwon and RZA are feeling heavily. These three songs are recorded, mixed and done!

One of the songs features Raekwon, Busta Rhymes and RZA together over a booming Dre beat! Whether this song will make the album is still uncertain.

From Wu-Tang Corp.

Reprinted directly from Raekwon's Official MySpace Blog:

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II will be the fourth studio album from Wu-Tang Clan rap artist Raekwon. It will serve as a sequel to Raekwon's 1995 album, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, and is to feature Wu-Tang members GZA and Inspectah Deck almost exclusively. Some tracks are the result of several LA studio sessions originally aimed towards creating a new Clan album. The album is to be released as a joint venture between Wu-Tang and Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment. Producers are set to include RZA, Dr. Dre, Scram Jones, and J Dilla. Nas and Fat Joe have been approached about guest appearances, and Busta Rhymes (who is, informally, co-executive producing the project) will probably be on the album as well. Red Hot Chili Peppers' guitarist, John Frusciante is also said to have played guitar on a few joints for this album - and along with a few other RZA beats, in general. Similar to the first Cuban Linx album, "OB4CLII" will be set up in a cinematic fashion, with skits loosely tying each song together in a sort of storyline, and each rapper playing an implied "persona" of sorts; for instance, Raekwon being the main protagonist, with GZA and Inspectah Deck playing "supporting roles" throughout. Tracks that are confirmed are:

-"Secret Indictment," produced by RZA, second single off the album
-"House Of Flying Daggers" produced by J Dilla,
-"Kareem Khan" featuring GZA, produced by RZA and Justice (GZA's son),
-"Thug World" a Raekwon solo produced by RZA:,
-"Rock Stars and Smoking Barrels" featuring GZA and Inspectah Deck
-"No Matter How Hard You Try" RZA produced features Inspectah Deck
-"State of Grace" produced by RZA
-"Untitled" produced by Dr. Dre featuring RZA and Busta Rhymes

-Ghostface will be appearing on three unnamed tracks

In a recent interview with MTV Europe, Raekwon said the album was about 96% complete and it's in the sequencing process. The first single off of the album is "State of Grace," produced by RZA, and already has a remix featuring Busta Rhymes.

According to RZA, the whole Wu-Tang Clan has been confirmed for appearances and at least three Dre beats are favorite picks for the album.Most recently, it was announced on the Wu-Tang Corp. website that Raekwon's management has stated that the album is about done and the production is credited to Dr. Dre and RZA equally.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 01:49:58 AM »
I think it's jumping the gun to assume Dre is going to do that kind of production on the record. we've seen dre completely switch his shit up at least 2 or 3 times now. dude is anything but limited. dre is very good at adapting to the rapper he's producing.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 05:30:49 AM »
Tanj, don't get me wrong man, I love Eminem's stuff, but I've hated his "new" flow for a while now, and I really don't think he would give us something new on that supposed LP.Whereas, I'm just getting into Rae and I'm really hyped about his album.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Elevz

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 12:36:22 PM »
That's pretty shitty.I'll take this album over any Em release from now on, but the masses won't.That's why we'll have to wait a year and something for it to come out.I have faith in it's release tho
Damn, muhfuckaz was just WAITIN' to hate on the white boy. He releases 3 dope solos, and one whack one and he's not as dope as raekwon anymore? wtf?

We haven't heard a single noteworthy verse from Eminem in four years, remember that. Everything he dropped has been straight up wack. What makes you think he's still capable of coming hard?

didn't steve rifkind work for loud records? he left and started his own shit or what?

Loud Records was actually shut down in 2002... Rifkind after that created SRC under the Universal umbrella, of which Akon is the biggest star.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:38:45 PM by Elevz Is Fuckin' Serious About This! »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 02:16:39 PM »
Tanj, don't get me wrong man, I love Eminem's stuff, but I've hated his "new" flow for a while now, and I really don't think he would give us something new on that supposed LP.Whereas, I'm just getting into Rae and I'm really hyped about his album.

I thought he ripped up a few tracks on encore

evil deeds(starts off iffy, but once you see what he's doing it's dope sonically. he also rips up part of the song. the song as whole put together nicely.)

never enough-everyone rips it, even 50 who I don't really like

Encore-great ass song

yellow brick road-he raps dope here.

both of his verses on GRODT are dope. His verse on Documentary is dope.

^^I suppose all of this is quite subjective, but i felt those verses were dope.

damn raiders, didn't know you didn't dig on Em. I don't like em show really, but I won't deny that he rips it. and even the hardest cat to please I would think could admit, that his first two records are at least near classic.

also, I think his new record will be dope because his little series is done. now he can just make hip hop albums as opposed to the concept he was sort of guided by. also, the list of producers he is supposed to be working with on the record sounds like the most diverse list he's worked with yet.

-T

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:24:10 PM by Tanjibility-The Dangerous Crew Movement »

westcoastavengers.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »
Encore was pure garbage (except for 2,3 track) but like Tanj. said he ripped some guest apperances and almost all the track on the Re-Up. His main problems right now is his wierd flow but lyrically hes still better than msot of the rappers out right now.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
actually, even rainman is tight upon the third listen. but it's hard to fuck up that song, that beat is too damn good.

From what I have gathered, it is Dre that has influenced eminem to the point that he's at. Dre seems to not give a fuck about lyrics and cares only about how you're sounding. As his albums progressed, he focuses more on delivery and less on lyrics...which was cool on MMLP and even em show, but from there the balance got out of whack. he needs to strike a good balance between lyrics/delivery/voice again. but I have no doubt that he can do it easily.

I think that's why he did encore,cause rippin' shit up was too easy. it was time to just shit on the world for him.

Have you heard dude freestyle(rhetorical question, I know we all have)? Even though it's some amazing rapping, it sounds like he's exerting about as much effort into it as we are into breathing...I've been too blown away by his talent to just give up on the kid for one whack record (encore is the one em album i didn't buy, so i agree with yall for the most part). It just strikes me that we can give Kurupt a million chances (my fave MC) but not Em, like i said....it seems people were, as cube would say, waitin' to hate.

-T
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:30:42 PM by Tanjibility-The Dangerous Crew Movement »

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »
and yeah like ttk said, he is, even when whack, doper than most rappers
TTK, isn't timbo the king an artist too?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 02:39:18 PM »
^^ I guess you're right about that. He's still dope lyrically, and he writes some good verses. Thing is

- His flow is the most annoying in the rap game. It's damn near impossible to even listen to his music.
- He may be able to write decent verses, but he can't write good songs anymore
- His topics suck ass. It's all boring, seeeeeeeeen.

Just being a good lyricist won't save you from that!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 02:48:02 PM »
^^ I guess you're right about that. He's still dope lyrically, and he writes some good verses. Thing is

- His flow is the most annoying in the rap game. It's damn near impossible to even listen to his music.
- He may be able to write decent verses, but he can't write good songs anymore
- His topics suck ass. It's all boring, seeeeeeeeen.

Just being a good lyricist won't save you from that!

yeah i was pretty tired of his topics by eminem show. But if he comes with MC shit, just rippin' it, I think we'll be pleased.

I've heard a few songs where his flow/voice is annoying (big weenie, other encore stuff) but it's nothing he hasn't always done intermittently(under the influence MMLP)...and even when it is whack, every time a friend turns on the radio I hear a rapper twice as annoying as any rapper that I like, inclduing em. but I see what you're saying.

and yea i think him producing his own shit weakens the songs as a whole. he should only produce his own shit when he knows he has a banger, not just cause he wrote the song to the beat he made or whatever. that's why i'm excited about the list of producers for his next LP, hopfully they'll contribute to the songs as a whole. I could be wrong, but I never thought eminem was an email typed dude as opposed to a 'let's hit the studio' type dude.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »
yo,Tanji I never said I don't like Em,I said his albums is average.
But it's all good,everyone got their opinion...

I would like to hear why you feel his records are average. Cause not only do i feel what he did was original but that he was doing it well. I'd be interested in any artist you feel is doing what he does but better.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »
Well,Tanji the production on Em's albums is well,pretty wak for the most part,it really drowns the shit down. You ask me if any artist can do what he does better?
Do what?
I don't feel his topics,I can't relate to his so called funny lyrics. There's no rapper out there I can compare him with,so I can't say this and this rapper is better because....
But I own his albums,there is some cuts I can listen too,so for me they're average...

makes sense.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »

-T

It's funny you mention that, because I never actually looked at his name like that :D

Quite a difference though, between Timbaland, whom TTK considers the king, and Timbo King :P

This makes me want to hear some new Timbo King music. Rah.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 01:47:23 AM »

-T

It's funny you mention that, because I never actually looked at his name like that :D

Quite a difference though, between Timbaland, whom TTK considers the king, and Timbo King :P

This makes me want to hear some new Timbo King music. Rah.

saw the name at a record shop the other day though have never heard dude. what kind of music is it?

-T

westcoastavengers.com