Author Topic: Lol Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 is coming in...  (Read 776 times)

wcsoldier

Lol Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 is coming in...
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:05:20 AM »
Summer 2008  ::)... at least Rae is realistic

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid452330147?bclid=458993585&bctid=458854809

props to Aftermathmusic.com 4 the link

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lol Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 is coming in...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:13:20 AM »
WTF!!!???Only Built For Cuban Linx is my favorite CD ever but shit, I don't feel like waiting till 2008 for part 2.This sucks.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:54 AM »
^^^^ 50 , Dre, Bishop and Em will come before so that's pretty a valid release date.. but yep that sucks.. well not sure it'll come out anyway

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:57 AM »
That's pretty shitty.I'll take this album over any Em release from now on, but the masses won't.That's why we'll have to wait a year and something for it to come out.I have faith in it's release tho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:35:26 AM »
OBFCL2 is gonna b dope as fuck! If waitin til 2008 is gonna make the album better, then its all good!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:52:32 AM »
Why can't they just drop the album while the material recorded for it is still fresh? I just don't see why they gotta drop Em, Dre, Bishop and 50 first. They haven't got their albums ready yet, while Rae does! Sigh, interscope label politics...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »
That sucks. Rae had the album ready I dont know why he didnt release it on his label and then create a new album on Aftermath. Lets hope hes at least featured on Detox.

soopa-man

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:14:47 AM »
this interview is old, came out awhile ago, not too long after the news came that Rae had signed to Aftermath, so he was meaning 2007...

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »
this interview is old, came out awhile ago, not too long after the news came that Rae had signed to Aftermath, so he was meaning 2007...
I sure hope you're right
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Efrain

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 11:35:06 AM »
This is such a tragedy. Rza and Rae did something like 40 songs and they hyped them up to be some of the best. They even said that "state of grace" track (ridiculous) might not even be good enough to make the final cut. Now Rae's on Aftermath where he's just going to record solo records over throw away “Dre” beats that will never come out anyway... just so Aftermath can write the work off as a loss on their tax return. So fucking stupid, thanks a lot Dre. 

Lex Boooger

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 11:39:20 AM »
lol that will end up coming out on koch records

money i stack pay for my crack

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »
caint wait  ;D

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 04:31:15 PM »
I don't think this will see the light of day while he's signed to Aftermath.  I think he's much lower on their priority list.  So lets just save everybody some time and release Rae from his deal and let him drop this on Koch or on Steve Rifkind's label.

Diabolical

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »
I heard it was finished and was just waiting to be released, I doubt RZA and Rae would let it sit there like that.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
Why can't they just drop the album while the material recorded for it is still fresh? I just don't see why they gotta drop Em, Dre, Bishop and 50 first. They haven't got their albums ready yet, while Rae does! Sigh, interscope label politics...

I've heard the same amount of 'em is dropping this year' as i have 'rae is dropping this year'.Only bishop/dre are scheduled to come out for sure this year on AM last I heard.

That's pretty shitty.I'll take this album over any Em release from now on, but the masses won't.That's why we'll have to wait a year and something for it to come out.I have faith in it's release tho
Damn, muhfuckaz was just WAITIN' to hate on the white boy. He releases 3 dope solos, and one whack one and he's not as dope as raekwon anymore? wtf?

This is such a tragedy. Rza and Rae did something like 40 songs and they hyped them up to be some of the best. They even said that "state of grace" track (ridiculous) might not even be good enough to make the final cut. Now Rae's on Aftermath where he's just going to record solo records over throw away “Dre” beats that will never come out anyway... just so Aftermath can write the work off as a loss on their tax return. So fucking stupid, thanks a lot Dre. 

Throwaway Dre beats?
RZA is even more out of his prime than Dre is. Furthermore, they're both still capable of dope shit, so I have high hopes.

when did we hear the album was done? last I read it was being made. I wouldn't think he'd be low on the priority list. Is there any dre produced raekwon besides my corner?

didn't steve rifkind work for loud records? he left and started his own shit or what?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram