Author Topic: External harddrive pricing question  (Read 164 times)

MANBEARPIG.

External harddrive pricing question
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »
Im looking into buying an external harddrive so i can free up some space on my comp right now.  I know the rule with a notebook harddrive is roughly pay no more than a dollar per gig, I'm wondering if the rule for an external may be the same or different at all.  I've found one thats about 2G per dollar at 160Gb/$80 is this a good deal or should i continue shopping around?

-KIDRENEGADE-

Al Bundy

Re: External harddrive pricing question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:38 PM »
I went and bought a 200 gig hard drive for 80 dollars then bought a external hard drive enclosure off of ebay for 10 dollars. It\'s alot cheaper doing it this way and you get more space.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »
I went and bought a 200 gig hard drive for 80 dollars then bought a external hard drive enclosure off of ebay for 10 dollars. It\'s alot cheaper doing it this way and you get more space.

shit good thinking, I just paid for the 80 dollar one since 2 of my friends gave me the thumbs up, I may do that in the future tho, have a prop.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
let me know if you need some help because I had to learn a grip of shit when I bought the hard drive like setting it to master, formatting it, etc.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:28:41 AM »
definitely build your own next time, it's so much cheaper (unless you find a really good sale). I have 2 500gb external HDDs, 1 I built for around $199CAD and 1 I got at futureshop for $199CAD on a really good sale.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 12:25:05 AM »
i have 2 external hard disks;

one is a 300gb (3.5", normal PC) IDE hard disk, inside a $20 external closure, all up it should cost you about $100

the other is a 100gb (2.5", notebook) hard disk, inside a $20 external closure, should cost you about $120

i use the notebook for taking shit back & forth from work -> home, the other disk for keeping random files that i need

put it all together, plug it into your computer and it should all be detected and work fine after you format the drive

i've gone through a few bottles of wine, excuse me if im rambling
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 01:03:55 AM »
I just bought a 500GB external hard drive for $200 at Costco.