Author Topic: Can you still get a professional job wit a tattoo down your neck?  (Read 284 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Can you still get a professional job wit a tattoo down your neck?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »
You want a neck tat? I think those look fuckin ridiculous as hell, especially if you're just an everyday person...I doubt you'll want one in 5 years. ;)

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 07:22:42 PM »
you guys are missing one big point...if you're in a real professional setting your going to be wearing a collared shirt. with the right shirt it will more than likely cover that tat (as long as it doesn't go too high)....

i am planning on getting a tat soon too...problem is i want it on my right forearm...but at my work if i have that then i have to wear long sleeve shirts everyday instead of our normal polo's...that would normally be fine except i don't feel like sweating my ass off in the summer...so i'll probably get it on my right arm up towards the top where the sleeves will cover

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »
you guys are missing one big point...if you're in a real professional setting your going to be wearing a collared shirt. with the right shirt it will more than likely cover that tat (as long as it doesn't go too high)....

i am planning on getting a tat soon too...problem is i want it on my right forearm...but at my work if i have that then i have to wear long sleeve shirts everyday instead of our normal polo's...that would normally be fine except i don't feel like sweating my ass off in the summer...so i'll probably get it on my right arm up towards the top where the sleeves will cover

I got one on my left forearm and I learned that if its high enough then you can roll the long sleeves up to cover and still let out some skin.  It almost feels the same if u have right shirt.

-KIDRENEGADE-

reguLAtor

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 11:06:39 PM »
The place I'm at, some of the chicks there have tats on their ankles and shit but they use a band-aid to cover it up.  Shoulda thought twice about that tat, dude.  U could try and see if the collared shirt will cover it, if not... I don't know what to tell u aside from bandaging that shit up every day.  Even then it will be obvious.  I know it's unfair and shit.. just like business that REQUIRE you to wear a suit and tie EVERY DAY.  But if you think about it... the general public aren't going to want to ask for a loan from some dude that is all tatted up are they?  Will people really take you seriously and view you as a professional when you have the name LaToya tatted down your neck?  People are quick to judge.. that's life.

The Watcher

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 11:24:59 PM »
i have a tat on my left forearm and another one my left shoulder, employers have never really cared before

im not really client facing in my job, im lucky if i even talk to a client maybe 5 times a year on the phone, so it doesn't really matter for me. i spend most of my time in a dark room infront of 10-15 monitors
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 01:53:30 AM »
maybe if you wanna flip burgers professionally. 

I wouldn't eat the burger if I knee the guy had a big ass neck tat.

hahahah

Chief

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 04:44:53 AM »
teacher with a neck tat? nah man, wont happen. if you're a qualified gangster, maybe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 09:32:25 AM »

You don't think that looks funny?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »
I like the one George Clooney has in From Dusk Till Dawn.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 10:43:46 AM »
neck tats look weird...there's just something about them...when i see them (especially on a white dude) i think 'white trash'....because 90% of the people i see that have them look like the kinds of people that live at home in a dirty ass house or trailer...have like 3 kids they don't take care of...and work at wendy's or some shit....i've never seen anybody with a neck tat that looked like they were going to be successful in life.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »
Now_I_Know I'm not takin about that shit that niggas got. He got a design or cross or some shit. I mean words, names, something like that.

And I know a teacher who got a huge fuckin' eagle on her back, up close to the back of her neck, and it shows, and it's fuckin' huge.

:-\

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »
Good lookin' ya'll!!!!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »
Now_I_Know I'm not takin about that shit that niggas got. He got a design or cross or some shit. I mean words, names, something like that.

I still think it looks funny...Mexicans usually get that.

Throwback

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 02:52:12 PM »
i relate neck tattoos to prison time, or criminal activities.