Author Topic: Came across this on an old tape....  (Read 130 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Came across this on an old tape....
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:27:45 PM »
So I was recording some radio shows back '96 on my local hip hop station, and I was just browsing through some of those tapes today. I came across the DJ saying "And look out for this new single by my man 2Pac! It's called "Confessions" and it features Bizzy Bone!", and then the DJ played the full track (edited of course). I never heard of any plans of this to be a single for any album or anything, but if it was never assigned to an album or cleared by a record label (Death Row) to be played on the radio, can the DJ just give it spins if he feels like it?

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Came across this on an old tape....
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »
you need an uncensored/CDQ hookup, brotha?

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 09:10:58 PM »
naw, thanks anyways bro. I've had it forever, but I was just wondering as far as from a copyright stand point what was up with them playin this on the radio, since it was considered "unreleased", unless it was meant to be a single as the DJ stated?

mrfranklin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:10:13 AM »
the day i got  out of jail song that song is so hard I mean bizzy's flow is so hard i wonder if that is going to drop on the 4cd pac collection death row and pacs mom where supposed to release together a few years back

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 06:50:06 AM »
the day i got  out of jail song that song is so hard I mean bizzy's flow is so hard i wonder if that is going to drop on the 4cd pac collection death row and pacs mom where supposed to release together a few years back
But the thing was, if I remember correctly, I recorded this tape in the very early part of the Summer of '96. Pac didn't die until September (late summer), so he must've still been alive when they were playing this on the radio.

mrfranklin

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »
really i did not know that