Author Topic: SNOOP'S CONCERT IN TORONTO:REVIEW  (Read 83 times)

C_R_O_N_I_C_I

SNOOP'S CONCERT IN TORONTO:REVIEW
« on: October 12, 2001, 06:21:11 AM »
Snoop Dogg : Toronto Sears Theatre
Snoop Dogg looks like a man possessed. He's starred in 'Bones', the soundtrack of which (featuring him) has just been released, he's worked on his new record label with RCA, looked after his clothing line, completed one phase of a tour and still found time to bring another album damn near close to completion. Now it's time for the Rolling Reefer Revue... er... Puff Puff Pass Tour, the second phase of what appears to be a world domination plan, to roll north into Canada.

Snoop doesn't mind taking a back seat for a decent part of the evening. After a brief set from Tha Eastsidaz, dressed like extras from 'South Park', Tha Liks appear, ready to take on the crowd, the sweet smell of marijuana and the world, in that order. The routine of hollering and waving side to side still gets some of the tokers in the audience riled up, but it pales in comparison to the moment when the group asks for 'crowd precipitation'. Whether this is a mistake or a call to liquid arms, we're not sure. Regardless of this, they're still passable.

Snoop himself enters the house only after he's taken us on a journey into his upcoming film, the promo for which makes 'Ishtar' look like 'Citizen Kane'. The crew backing him is ridiculously large, all either smoking, dancing, drinking or singing alongside Snoop. Still, 'Bitch Please' and 'Who Am I (What's My Name?)' have the desired effect on the masses, as do the plumes of weed engulfing the air. The appearance of Doggy's Angels, who line up in single file for 'Down 4 My N's', is a definite high point.

After 90 minutes of prime time and a moment of silence, lighters aloft, for the events of September 11, Snoop heads out for another city and another par-tay. Have we all gone to the Doggs?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »