Author Topic: This video really brought back some memories.. been looking for this one forever  (Read 203 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Masta Ace- "INC Ride"

It's strange, because now I always complain about video's with nothing but cars and women, but back then you'll notice the video is more realistic and down to Earth.  They didn't have to go to such extremes back then and sensationalize and glamorize everything.  Less is more.   

But anyway, what makes this video special is the memories from late 95'.. those were the good old days.  This reminds me that back in the day when I was in jr. high, you used to get dissed if you tried to be too dressed up or too flashy or anything like that.  It was cool then to just wear something regular, we used to always wear those plain white t-shirts with the Nike swoosh symbol on it, and then maybe a pair of kakee's, plain white shoe's, that was it.  Our behaivor too was really laid back.  If you were trying to hard, chasing around women, talking all types of stuff, no girl would give you any attention.  So you had to be laid back and play it cool.  Less was more then.  Those days were way different, unfortunately though; things mostly changed when 97' came around.. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:01:03 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ecrazy

^^huh? dude, those things were not the norm back in the day, maybe now they are because they are so outdated....its still follows the same ol formula...anyway, this was the jam, my lil bro played the hell outta this tape single

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^huh? dude, those things were not the norm back in the day, maybe now they are because they are so outdated....its still follows the same ol formula...anyway, this was the jam, my lil bro played the hell outta this tape single

What are you talking about man?  People were way more down to Earth and simple back then.  I'm talking about where I'm from, and that also goes for hip-hop as well.  Look how simple the video is, how regular his clothes and friends are.  Nowadays, rappers be doin' way too much in their video's.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn that shit got my memory juices flowing.Dope fucking jam.

ecrazy

What are you talking about man?  People were way more down to Earth and simple back then.  I'm talking about where I'm from, and that also goes for hip-hop as well.  Look how simple the video is, how regular his clothes and friends are.  Nowadays, rappers be doin' way too much in their video's.
dude had a Cd player, a dropped suburban on dubs (and you know that was baller status around that time, suburbans were something else back in 95)
Personalized Clothes - back in the day that wasnt the norm, you cant say it was- dude, me and my friends used to be all over Masta Ace after seeing "Born To Roll" - we thought he was the shit, we thought he was soo cool ballin and noticed his obsession with mexican girls too, lol.

another thing, you state a lot of things like they are facts, they are not, you should put a IMO around everything you say, because your not the Hip Hop speaker for everyone.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That was a dope track from back in the day, never saw the vid for that one until now...  8)

~Loyalty Is Everything~

• Muthafuckin' Don!

dude had a Cd player, a dropped suburban on dubs (and you know that was baller status around that time, suburbans were something else back in 95)
Personalized Clothes - back in the day that wasnt the norm, you cant say it was- dude, me and my friends used to be all over Masta Ace after seeing "Born To Roll" - we thought he was the shit, we thought he was soo cool ballin and noticed his obsession with mexican girls too, lol.

another thing, you state a lot of things like they are facts, they are not, you should put a IMO around everything you say, because your not the Hip Hop speaker for everyone.

You really need to stop trippin.. it was just a thread about a video bringing back some fond memories I had from back in the day.  If you can relate, then post something and add to the thread like others did.  Peace.

ecrazy

You really need to stop trippin.. it was just a thread about a video bringing back some fond memories I had from back in the day.  If you can relate, then post something and add to the thread like others did.  Peace.

Naw man, Your Trippin, your on this backwards mentality that things should be how they were back in the day when they shouldnt be, i mean, yeah, respect and praise the past, but people are not going to make music like that again, live with it.
I hate young people around my age now talking as if they are so damn old and how hip hop was great back in the day, well why cant it be great now? its DIFFERENT now, its always going to change. Also everyone's quick to judge but no one is doing anything to support the kind of music they like as well.

Anyways, I just rambled because this is the shit I put up with on a almost daily basis at school. Fuck them cats, I hate reiterating myself to them too.