Author Topic: fox news blames hip hop for the toddlers smoking pot  (Read 510 times)

everlast1986

fox news blames hip hop for the toddlers smoking pot
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:28:23 PM »

lol surprising huh

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: fox news blames hip hop for the toddlers smoking pot
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 05:41:17 PM »
i blame aliens

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
That sounded more like point and counterpoint discussion. Not necessarily blaming hip-hop, but bringing to light that some people have questioned the link between the the incident and the music. Now, if you posted a link to a Bill O'Reilly video, I could definitely tell you that he is personally blaming hip-hop. But because Chuck Creekmur did such a good job and raising counterpoints, it gives the critics something to think about.

In reality, we all know it was just two stupid teenagers doing shit they shouldn't have because they have a negligent mother.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 06:33:51 PM by Low Key »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 08:39:30 PM »
John Gibson was simply asking questions and Creekmur was just looking for excuses. He was trying to dodge the question by asking whether these kids even listened to hip hop. Most people with in the industry, even ones that the are openly critical of the terrible messages, but they always come on shows like this and refrain from being critical because they don't want to look like sellouts or uncle Toms. Hip Hop needs more strong voices to come out against it in the mass media. The critiques mean nothing behind closed doors. It's like a mother who waits for her troublesome kid to come inside before she scolds him while defending him to no end in public. The kid doesn't learn the right message. He still sees that his mother will stand by his stupidity in front of the neighbors and thus learns to see the neighbors as outsiders rather than neighbors and creates the lack of community our big city society now faces.

And that is what is the real problem; lack of community and a society of shit. Hip Hop and the popularity of the violent, sexist style of hip hop is merely a by-product of all this. It's not because of hip hop that kids are giving weed to todlers and taping it. It's because of this lowbrow society that kids today find this style of rap entertaining and want to mimic it. In past generations this style of music would be limited to a sub-culture minority while the mainstream would be disgusted by it. You play the average rap video these days to a group of teens in the 1940s, black or white, and they'd find it deplorable. They'd also marry the girl they got pregnant and break their backs working to support their family. The only real problem with the pre-civil rights era was government intervention. The government had no place telling bus companies who could sit where or forcing store fronts to make two water fountains. The government created an evironment in the Jim Crow era that casted blacks as inferior and people came up in that system and the racism that followed was a by-product of that society.

Now the post civil rights era gave back something they had no right taking in the first place, and took away basic morality. Slowly but surely the lines were blurred as to what is decent and what isn't. The minimun wage laws and welfare state put a lot of black men out of work and forced them to become dependent on the government money. More money for single mothers created a large fatherless household community in poor black areas. In the media anti-heroes that go against morality was deemed cool, and morailty itself was questioned and labeled as some sort of conservative christian oppression. It's not oppressive to teach people that hurting others for pleasure or going against the system for the sake of it isn't admirable. It's common sense.

Child molesters caused parents to keep their kids in doors, and "don't talk to strangers" has made those kids anti-social. Rapists have made women carry pepper spray and run in fear at night if approached by someone. Child molesters and rapists haven't become more common, just more publicized. They create fear. The news would create fear of young black males with tales of drug deals and shootings. It caused whites to be weary of young blacks and caused blacks to assume racism whenever confronted. This is to the point where a white man criticizes hip hop he is seen as criticizing black people and black culture, and that in itself is an insult to all the great black culture that exists outside of a few songs about guns and sex.

Creekmur had a point at the end and was cut off, in my opinion, because of it. Of course it's the executives that push the style on the mass market. If the executives had any morals or conviction they wouldn't release records like that. But you won't have the major news networks bring those guys on the shows and bash them because those guys own the news networks as well as the music labels. They use the negative imagery to corrupt the youth and use the news networks to further create a divide. It makes hip hop more cool to teens to have old white guys bash it to no end, and this also makes the parents hate it more. They did it before with Metal in the 70s and early 80s. You get stupid judgemental pundits to bash it with out any real points and then have it defended by stupid cool rockstars and the executives get exactly what they want (of course Frank Zappa made everyone look stupid when he argued for the music. He was a smart dude). Ultimately as much as the businesses exploit this whole thing, they wouldn't be able to if the government didn't first create such a stupid and dependent society to begin with.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 09:42:39 PM »
Yeah, because we all know that hip hop would never glorify marijuana use......

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 01:32:43 AM »
lol that was sooo obvious they gonna blame hiphop right away for everything..."they are african americans, hence they listen to hiphop" "they listen to hiphop, hence they are influenced in a bad way by it"

...what a biased piece of crap!
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 01:52:09 AM »

Marijuana use is one thing... getting toddlers to do it is another... I highly doubt the latter has anything to do with hip hop.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 03:33:09 AM »

By golly, you're right! :o The 60s never happened and marijuana, as well as other mind bending drugs, were just a figment of everyone's imagination up until hip hop was created. You're a genius! ::)

I started smoking weed before I ventured away from the radio's playlist. Hip hop was not the reason why I started. And I certainly would never give a toddler a blunt. EVER.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 10:43:01 AM »

Marijuana use is one thing... getting toddlers to do it is another... I highly doubt the latter has anything to do with hip hop.

Hip hop doesn't just glorify the use of marijuanua. It also glorifies the whole anti authority, fuck the world fuck the rules mentality that would lead to someone giving marijuanua to young kids.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »

Hip hop doesn't just glorify the use of marijuanua. It also glorifies the whole anti authority, fuck the world fuck the rules mentality that would lead to someone giving marijuanua to young kids.

LOL... giving weed to a 2 year old has nothing to do with being anti-authority... I think there are other ways of making that point... whether they listened to hip hop or not makes no difference... the guys who did this were irresponsible, careless, and just fucked up in the head regardless.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 06:17:26 AM »
@ real american:
could u please remove this bitch made face from your signature, it freaks me out every time i see it
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:19:10 AM by *Z* »
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 06:44:02 AM »
That's the president of the united states.  You elected him. 

Anyways, the problem here is that in life there are always extremes, hiphop typically (stop bullshitting yourself, you know it's true) portrays the extreme that marijuana use is alright and something to be applauded and admired. 

These two kids have no positivity (or very little) in the way of a role model in their life, so they latch onto an extreme that they've seen because nobody's there to tell them when too much is too much.  Giving a blunt to a toddler is obviously too much.  Giving a toddler a thousand dollars would be too much as well.   Giving the toddlers a stripper would be too much.  Giving the toddler a new car would be too much. 

Children look for extremes, they test boundarys.  Nobody told these kids that drugs weren't the brightest fucking idea so they pushed it to the extreme and gave some to some toddlers.  It's clear to see what the problem here is.  If you never tell a kid to stop eating, they'll eat so much that they get fat as fuck.  If you never tell a kid to wake up, they'll sleep half the day and not get anything done.  That's what parents are for, and these kids never had any so some cop will probably shoot them in the fucking chest in about 5 years and do us all a favor. 

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 07:18:44 AM »
That's the president of the united states.  You elected him. 

lol, i didnt, im not even american...

second, u should really stop talking shit, there are so many things besides hiphop that could "influence kids in a bad way".
as if hiphop is the only way that delivers all kinds of things to people who listen to it. yes, they talk about drugs, whores, criminality, so what? there are also movies that could deliver the same message, there are celebrities aside from rappers who deliver these messages...there are all kinds of things in the world that present such things to our society.
but there is first of all a thing called freedom of speech, that means everyone can express himself the way he wants.
second as you might have noticed, not everyone who listenes top rap is runnin around, givin drugs to little kids and doing em. the problem is not the faces on tv, but most of the time either the parents, the social surrounding in which they grow up, and financial problems for example.
so please stop blaming rap right away fro everything, a normal person would never do anything like that...hence these people were insane...and you cant blame hiphop for the insanity of a person
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:20:21 AM by *Z* »
[J-Live]

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 09:30:21 PM »
Creekmur is full of excuses, of course hip hop is PART of the reason.  You'll be an idiot to deny that, Hip hop is NOT TO BLAME but it is responsible partly for what happened. 
Who are we kidding here?

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »
The blame is solely on the parents >:(