1 (4.5%)
Paul Wall
0 (0%)
Slim Thug
0 (0%)
Lil Keke
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: King of texas in 2007?  (Read 256 times)

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
King of texas in 2007?
« on: March 11, 2007, 08:22:50 AM »
They will all drop albums in 2007...

I think UGK will drop a dope album! and Slim Thug could get some hype if he's down with pharrel and clipse...

my wildcard is Chingo... i really hope he gets some shine on this year!  8)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: King of texas in 2007?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 09:08:24 AM »
voted for Lil Keke by accident but i ment Cham....

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:12:16 AM »
it'll be cham
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lex Boooger

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »
Hard decision. Everyone came with dope shit this year except i'm not really feeling Slim Thug that much anymore. Paul Walls new single Break Em Off is fire tho.

money i stack pay for my crack

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 09:57:19 AM »
Hard to decide between UGK and Cham. Lil' Keke is my 3rd choice on that, but u forgot DEVIN

kemizt

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
Hard to decide between UGK and Cham. Lil' Keke is my 3rd choice on that, but u forgot DEVIN

your right, my bad!! Devins album will proberly be a favorite among old school cats this year... but i dont see him get any commercial success..

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 11:43:54 AM »
No offense, but I hate calling someone "The King" of this state/region or whatever.  It's stupid.  Why do we care which individual is deemed "King".  These guys all proclaim it anyway so there's no validity.  Ask them all, they'll probably say they are the best.  Who was the king of Texas in 1997? 1999? What about 2001? 2003? 2004?  As music fans, what is the point?  It's all just bullshit hype. 

But if we're gonna do it, what are we basing it on?  Sounds to me that it's purely off sales / singles rather than who puts out the best album from top to bottom. 

If we are anticipating who's gonna drop the dopest album, I'll say Devin.  UGK is great, but isn't it gonna be watered down w/ features?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »
What kind of question is that? underground kingz will remain the kingz

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 01:01:52 PM »
Chamillitary Mayne

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 01:15:17 PM »
UGK for sure.  When they drop this album its not even gonna be a question.

ABN

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 01:37:44 PM »
if Ro gets outta the pen this year and hooks up with Trae for an ABN album that´s gonna shit on everybody else from Texas. but if they don´t hook back up i´m looking forward to their solo releases coz they rap about real life shit that i can relate to. i can´t really relate to cats just talking about their swangers,syryp,jewelry etc. but outta those listed i gotta go with UGK, and Killa Kyleon is supposed to drop a solo this year and i´m definently looking forward to that. but the king of Texas is still Fat Pat coz people been recycling/stealing his style for a looooong time.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 01:39:16 PM by Pissin' On The Throne »

ABN

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »
oh i almost forgot, Face is negoating a new deal with RAL for his last real solo album and if that drops in 2007 itīs gonna be the best CD coming outta Texas with no competition.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 02:47:31 PM »
But if we're gonna do it, what are we basing it on?  Sounds to me that it's purely off sales / singles rather than who puts out the best album from top to bottom. 

what i meant by the word "King" is wich rapper that will be sellin most records, get most attention, buzz, hype and best reviews. I hope that is a legit question to discuss, even if we wont come up with an answear :P

It happens all the time that a album that suck outsell a really good album.. but the question simply is, wich artists will have the best year, based on the expactations on the artist :)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 02:48:08 PM »
if Ro gets outta the pen this year and hooks up with Trae for an ABN album thatīs gonna shit on everybody else from Texas. but if they donīt hook back up iīm looking forward to their solo releases coz they rap about real life shit that i can relate to. i canīt really relate to cats just talking about their swangers,syryp,jewelry etc. but outta those listed i gotta go with UGK, and Killa Kyleon is supposed to drop a solo this year and iīm definently looking forward to that. but the king of Texas is still Fat Pat coz people been recycling/stealing his style for a looooong time.

i thought the first abn album was boring, i really enjoyed z-ro and trae solo lp's more, but it's clear that those 2 cousins are real dope, they need dope beats and they need to get on that fast flowing gangsta shit they use to do before doing sad songs

ABN

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
if Ro gets outta the pen this year and hooks up with Trae for an ABN album thatīs gonna shit on everybody else from Texas. but if they donīt hook back up iīm looking forward to their solo releases coz they rap about real life shit that i can relate to. i canīt really relate to cats just talking about their swangers,syryp,jewelry etc. but outta those listed i gotta go with UGK, and Killa Kyleon is supposed to drop a solo this year and iīm definently looking forward to that. but the king of Texas is still Fat Pat coz people been recycling/stealing his style for a looooong time.

i thought the first abn album was boring, i really enjoyed z-ro and trae solo lp's more, but it's clear that those 2 cousins are real dope, they need dope beats and they need to get on that fast flowing gangsta shit they use to do before doing sad songs
they need to do a real album, not another ABN mixtape. and they need to do another Guerilla Maab album aswell.