Author Topic: after hearing the OG Rat tat tat tat  (Read 255 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
after hearing the OG Rat tat tat tat
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:48:34 AM »
I am convinced that Dre either helped Warren G with regulate/gave him leftovers from chronic/doggystyle.

that shit is as close to 'and ya don't stop' as the og next episode is to 'runnin wit no breaks'..I remembered reading stuff from warren's mouth implying dre was around at the time. I've always felt regulate was the third piece to the triumvirate (i love dogg food, but there's something I've always felt was better about regulate's production). anyway, the OG rat tat tat is dope.

It's always tripped me out...OG next episode and doggystyle and this track are not THAT bad in quality, I can't believe we don't have the technology to clean the tracks up. I remember crip hop did some smooth improvements on snoop's original county blues demo over the maad circle's pay ya dues beat. no one can do that shit to og next episode/doggystyle etc.?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: after hearing the OG Rat tat tat tat
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:54:47 AM »
I c wot ur sayin! Id be surprised if Dre dint hav sum involvement on Regulate, i mean they woz all kind of around and workin in same studios with the same ppl etc... so theres probably a lot of contributors 2 most of the albums released around that time, and every1 woz prb throwin ideas to and from each other.
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »
I c wot ur sayin! Id be surprised if Dre dint hav sum involvement on Regulate, i mean they woz all kind of around and workin in same studios with the same ppl etc... so theres probably a lot of contributors 2 most of the albums released around that time, and every1 woz prb throwin ideas to and from each other.

Word

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

DJSpin

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »
never heard this version...any links?

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 06:27:08 AM »
Dre's flow on this 1 is  :o
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »
Yeah the OG was dope, Dre's flow was off the hook. Plus, an unreleased Dre verse on there.