Author Topic: 'I Had To Speak Up': Scott Storch Responds To Timbaland's Jabs  (Read 255 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Scott Storch doesn't mind being called a piano man — playing the keys is what he does.

However, the multiplatinum producer — who has composed tracks for 50 Cent ("Candy Shop"), Fat Joe's Terror Squad ("Lean Back") and Beyoncé 8"Naughty Girl") — does have a problem being called just a piano man, particularly by Timbaland.

So Storch lashed out against his onetime ally with "Built Like That," a dis track in response to what he felt were unwarranted barbs from Timbaland on the single "Give It to Me," featuring Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado. In the lyrics, Storch raps (referring to Timbaland protégé Nate "Danja" Hills):

"Your boy Danja got to hate you with a passion, man/ He makes the hits while you taking all the credit, damn!/ I know the feeling, I'm with ya/ Won't you tell them how I made that sh--, 'Cry Me A River' ..."

On "Give It to Me," Timbaland spits: "I'm a real producer/ You just a piano man." The jab was allegedly in reference to a past dispute the two producers had over credits on the Timberlake hit "Cry Me a River." Representatives for Timbaland had not responded to MTV News' requests for comment at press time.

"I just felt like enough was enough," Storch told MTV News regarding the dispute. "I heard the song playing, and I knew it was about me. People were calling me saying, 'This dude is taking shots at you,' then interviews popped up. So enough was enough. I needed to defend myself like a man is supposed to do. I'm not gonna take it to the streets or hurt somebody or do any bullsh-- like that. But I just had to speak up. I'm not a rapper, but I wasn't about to have somebody else fight my battle for me. So I said, 'Lemme put this down.' I been making rap records long enough. I just got in the booth and spit what was on my mind."

And Storch had plenty to say. Storch alleges on "Built Like That" that Timbaland has been taking credit for Danja's work and that Storch was the true producer of "Cry Me a River."

"It's just not fair," Storch said. "I guess people don't know what's going on behind the scenes."

Storch said he thinks Timbaland composed his dis because he heard that Storch had made disparaging comments about the fellow producer in the studio one night. "That's not a good enough reason to put somebody's name out there on wax," Storch said.

But the two producers have been at odds in the past over a few incidents Storch revealed.

First there was "Cry Me a River," which won a Grammy in 2004. Storch claims Timbaland approached him to collaborate "50/50" on two tracks for Timberlake's debut album. Storch said he composed the bridge and melody and Timbaland programmed the kick and snares for "Cry Me a River." But once the project was released commercially, Storch was surprised to learn Timbaland was listed as producer while Storch was credited with playing the keys.

Had the song credited both of them with producing the track, Storch said it would have been more "respectable and real. That's how it was supposed to go down."

Storch also said he produced the track for an And1 commercial starring Kevin Garnett and Styles P, which Storch claims Timbaland once again took credit for. "Nobody even told me [they were using my track]. I heard the sh-- on TV for the first time," Storch said.

"I've done nothing but good things for this dude," he continued. "You never hear me talking sh-- about him. Matter of fact, I did an interview before all this went down just recently — I think the interview is yet to come out — where I was biggin' him up, giving him props.

"I'm not taking away the fact that Timbaland has had a lot of hits and done some fly sh-- in his career," said Storch, who's set to work soon with Mariah Carey, T.I., Yung Joc, Chris Brown and Kelly Rowland. "Just keep my name out your mouth, and I'll do the same."

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 'I Had To Speak Up': Scott Storch Responds To Timbaland's Jabs
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:38:01 PM »
Producer beef lol, his diss was terrible, i can't beleive i listened to it all the way through. Can't take nothing away from Timbo, he's a dope producer at the top of his game right now, at least commercially,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: 'I Had To Speak Up': Scott Storch Responds To Timbaland's Jabs
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »
So Storch did his diss...then got murdered by Mr D.O.E on Piano Man...so now he's trying to play the "big man" and is running away from the beef
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008