Author Topic: The Martin Luther King that the mainstream don't show you  (Read 836 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The Martin Luther King that the mainstream don't show you
« on: March 13, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »
This shit is so crazy. 40 years ago, 1967, MLK spoke these words.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xw0bvmx3ST4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xw0bvmx3ST4</a>

Elevz

Re: The Martin Luther King that the mainstream don't show you
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
Just, why did they have to put Hail Mary over it... It's kinda logic from MLK's idealogical point of view, that he said these things. No surprise here; just praise. I never believed his ways would work, but there's some truth in his words.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:10:55 AM »
dammmn
true shit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 08:42:59 AM »
Just, why did they have to put Hail Mary over it... It's kinda logic from MLK's idealogical point of view, that he said these things. No surprise here; just praise. I never believed his ways would work, but there's some truth in his words.

why would it not work??

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
Well, to me Martin Luther King was the ultimate front man of a movement that considers all people are equal, and all people are the same.
But isn't that honestly some bullshit utopian thinking, to assume people can perfectly live together that easily? It takes some serious control over the environment to make integration work. To think it's something that just 'happens inside of the minds of the people', would be seriously short-sighted.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »
Well, to me Martin Luther King was the ultimate front man of a movement that considers all people are equal, and all people are the same.
But isn't that honestly some bullshit utopian thinking, to assume people can perfectly live together that easily? It takes some serious control over the environment to make integration work. To think it's something that just 'happens inside of the minds of the people', would be seriously short-sighted.

What Dr. King was speaking was revolutionary. This man was looking beyond what we can imagion, but wish for. Why wish for it, why dream about it, why can't we do something about it. It's like the vision died with the man.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:23:19 AM »

What Dr. King was speaking was revolutionary. This man was looking beyond what we can imagion, but wish for. Why wish for it, why dream about it, why can't we do something about it. It's like the vision died with the man.

I know, we need people like that, especially now. That's just to keep the masses in track, but that won't actually make the big difference that's needed. Surely, the people gotta change, but they can't change themselves; they must be changed along with their environment. Such is the behavior of groups. It's kinda irrealistic to assume you can change culture through some speeches by spreading an ideology. The means aren't large enough to realistically accomplish all that.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »

I know, we need people like that, especially now. That's just to keep the masses in track, but that won't actually make the big difference that's needed. Surely, the people gotta change, but they can't change themselves; they must be changed along with their environment. Such is the behavior of groups. It's kinda irrealistic to assume you can change culture through some speeches by spreading an ideology. The means aren't large enough to realistically accomplish all that.

I kind of agree, because if you look in the black community, since Dr. King's death, it has been worst in terms of black on black violence, and black people just being lost. You can argue the introduction of crack into the urban communities as a huge part of the problem, but in the end, the morals of the black community died with the man. But at the same time, as he lived, people became angry at the situtation, and they did something about it. Dr. King forced people to see the reality, and do something about it. This is what is needed. Even if the goal is never reached, there needs to be improvements.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 01:05:36 PM »
Damn. You hear his voice and it's like confronting shit. The security in this man's every breath is crazy, I swear man.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 09:28:10 AM »
Damn. You hear his voice and it's like confronting shit. The security in this man's every breath is crazy, I swear man.

that Hail Mary beat was crazy too. I doubt he would like it, but for today's generation, I think it adds to the fact that it sounds like his talking for the grave. I can get the whole speech that he said all this, but it's 22 minutes, and who would honestly listen to it. Also, no hip-hop beat... lol. But, it is an amazing speech, the sad shit is that you can substitute Vietnam for Iraq, and it's almost the same thing.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 09:31:33 AM »
Just a thought, the penny is being redisigned in 2010, and in 2009 they will not produce pennies. The plan is to stick with Lincoln, but their is a small movement to have Martin Luther King replace Lincoln on the penny, since Lincoln is on the $5 bill. What do people think?

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »

that Hail Mary beat was crazy too. I doubt he would like it, but for today's generation, I think it adds to the fact that it sounds like his talking for the grave. I can get the whole speech that he said all this, but it's 22 minutes, and who would honestly listen to it. Also, no hip-hop beat... lol. But, it is an amazing speech, the sad shit is that you can substitute Vietnam for Iraq, and it's almost the same thing.

Hook me up! Those long speeches always get me hyped. As for the pennies... Yeah, give MLK his penny!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »
Just a thought, the penny is being redisigned in 2010, and in 2009 they will not produce pennies. The plan is to stick with Lincoln, but their is a small movement to have Martin Luther King replace Lincoln on the penny, since Lincoln is on the $5 bill. What do people think?
That's awesome.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »
nice!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 10:28:03 AM »
The penny thing was a small movement. I've heard journalist say give King the $20, because Andrew Jackson was a Native killer and slave owner, and what better way to replace him than to put King on there. The penny movement came because in 2010, they are redisigning the penny, and some felt that King should be put on there. Congress stuck with Lincoln. Congress did however vote to put Ronald Reagan on the dime, but Nancy Reagan didn't want to see FDR leave the currency system, so that was squashed.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/b80Bsw0UG-U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/b80Bsw0UG-U</a>