Author Topic: "Before I Self Destruct" release date is June 19th  (Read 515 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"Before I Self Destruct" release date is June 19th
« on: March 14, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ArbuinkTXnw&amp;eurl=" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ArbuinkTXnw&amp;eurl=</a>

or

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:28:36 PM by Timbo the king »

H. Chad

• Lil Geezy
Re: "Before I Self Destruct" release date is June 19th
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »
it will get pushed back....................all interscope releases do

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 05:35:14 PM »
^ Nah...50's album ain't gonna get pushed back...his album will go at least platinum...its not gonna flop like the other g-unit releases...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:44:15 PM »
50 will go multi platinum best beleive, the nigga droppin in june/july, right time, summer time, his a huge project, huge promotion, nigga will sell easy 2 mill

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 06:07:03 PM »
^ Nah...50's album ain't gonna get pushed back...his album will go at least platinum...its not gonna flop like the other g-unit releases...

I'll probably sell 800,000 first week. Music sales are down is such a bullshit excuse. Rap isn't selling because most albums suck. Go to billboard.com, Hot 200 album chart, and count the number of artists who are certified platinum. Lots. Sales are down because quality is down. Albums are selling... but only the good ones. Look at Furtado, Timberlake, Stefani, Akon, all huge selling, and without week to week drops. Put out better singles, your albums will sell better. And if 50 Cent gets a big single out their, it'll be another mill first week.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 08:00:30 PM »
50 will go platinum easy.  How many times plat will be interesting though.  I could def see him pushing 800,000+ in his first week, but how much will he do in the 2nd week?  I'd also be willin to bet that he prolly buy's up a signifcant number himself for some nice shipment inflation.  (Remember Jay's 80% drop in his 2nd week?).  So I'm mainly watching for big variations in sales from week to week, that'll tell the biggest story.

I also believe that 50 will give much more effort into this album.  Not cuz he respects music more or anything, but because he's now going to be negotiating deals w/ Interscope and every other major out there.  Also, his labels album sales have been steadily declining, pushed back, and some not released.  He'll be motivated.  This album will dictate his financial position for the next several years.  If it is perceived as a flop, 50 will not be able to recover to the icon status he's had in the last several years.

I also think a sign of his desperation is his reaching out to other artists outside his camp to sell his records.  He was trying to get Jay, Nas, and Em on a track, but I don't see that happening.  I'm sure we'll see Akon and some more flavor of the week features.  That to me is symptomatic of 50 questioning his ability to move units on his own.

His lead single is gonna tell me a lot so I'm actually anticipating it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »
50 will go platinum easy.  How many times plat will be interesting though.  I could def see him pushing 800,000+ in his first week, but how much will he do in the 2nd week?  I'd also be willin to bet that he prolly buy's up a signifcant number himself for some nice shipment inflation.  (Remember Jay's 80% drop in his 2nd week?).  So I'm mainly watching for big variations in sales from week to week, that'll tell the biggest story.

I also believe that 50 will give much more effort into this album.  Not cuz he respects music more or anything, but because he's now going to be negotiating deals w/ Interscope and every other major out there.  Also, his labels album sales have been steadily declining, pushed back, and some not released.  He'll be motivated.  This album will dictate his financial position for the next several years.  If it is perceived as a flop, 50 will not be able to recover to the icon status he's had in the last several years.

I also think a sign of his desperation is his reaching out to other artists outside his camp to sell his records.  He was trying to get Jay, Nas, and Em on a track, but I don't see that happening.  I'm sure we'll see Akon and some more flavor of the week features.  That to me is symptomatic of 50 questioning his ability to move units on his own.

recover the icon status? didn't his last record go 5 plat? he never lost the icon status except to music heads like us.
50 will be set regardless, he's not on the line here. his label is though, that's where I agree with you.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 04:00:22 AM »
Ja is dropping June 26th, so summer should be fun  :D

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 11:04:37 AM »
his last album went 5x Plat and I think no other hiphop release since then has approached even 3 million maybe Kanye's album so I he is still is on top of the sales game we'll see how dope his album is because Massacre was a dropoff from GRODT music wise

westkoastanostra

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »
u think he's gonna go multi platinum? pplr sick of 50...the massacre sucked...if i remember correctly the get rich or die tryin sdtrack only ewent platinum...so how is gonna sell multi in 2007?

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 03:26:02 PM »
u think he's gonna go multi platinum? pplr sick of 50...the massacre sucked...if i remember correctly the get rich or die tryin sdtrack only ewent platinum...so how is gonna sell multi in 2007?

none of those points have anything to do with this album... read above posts

it wont get pushed back? the original date was march 13 or 20, its already been pushed back to june

this is definately gonna compete with GRODT... i'd like to say i 'cant wait' but honestly i can, lol, game did a lot of damage to his career, but he can recover with this album

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 03:51:51 PM »
Mrach 13th and 20th was never a release date. That was just put on wikipedia and shit like that, because he said in an interview in Decemeber that it should come out late March/April.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 06:28:35 PM »

recover the icon status? didn't his last record go 5 plat? he never lost the icon status except to music heads like us.
50 will be set regardless, he's not on the line here. his label is though, that's where I agree with you.

-T

LOL, that was 2-3 years ago.  He's still gonna be a multi plat artist, but if you think his stranglehold on the game is as tight now as it was back then you're trippin.

50 is still an icon, but he's not as big as he once was.  His name alone on a feature or whatever used to be enough to put it at the top of the chart, but those days are gone.  50 has a lot to prove here.  I'm interested to see what he does here. 

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 07:00:40 PM »
anyone find it ironic as to when 50 decides he wants to have jigga,nas and eminen all on a track with him? if anyone thinks this is a musical decision, y'all trippin......this is business.......i can't stand some of his ways of doing things....but he got a very good business mind indeed....like jigga.....

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 02:23:59 AM »

-T

LOL, that was 2-3 years ago.  He's still gonna be a multi plat artist, but if you think his stranglehold on the game is as tight now as it was back then you're trippin.

50 is still an icon, but he's not as big as he once was.  His name alone on a feature or whatever used to be enough to put it at the top of the chart, but those days are gone.  50 has a lot to prove here.  I'm interested to see what he does here. 

Not saying he has a stranglehold just saying he will go around platinum easily for a while but the viability of G Unit records is on the line here way more than 50's career.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram