Author Topic: Tracy Chapman  (Read 144 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Tracy Chapman
« on: March 17, 2007, 10:33:55 AM »
I bought her "best of" cd last week ("Collection") and man...what a great album. She's got an extremely nice voice to listen to. Good singer/songwriter.
I'm sure most of you will know "Fast Car", "Talking About A Revolution", "Baby Can I Hold You", etc...if you don't, check Youtube or something.

Anyone else on this board who listens to her?

jeromechickenbone

Re: Tracy Chapman
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 10:43:25 AM »
I've never bought her shit, but I respect what she does.  I remember when "Fast Car" came out in like 89 or 90, that shit was HUGE.  Nice N Smooth sampled it on "Sometimes I rhyme slow..".  She also had that joint "Give Me One Reason" back in like 94-95 that blew up too.

everlast1986

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »
I never got any albums from her but i do know "Fast Car" is a dope song.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 10:59:26 AM »
Yeah, "Fast Car" is an immensly well-known song. I played this song when I was on the freeway this week, with the sun going down...it sort of adds an extra vibe to the song when you actually play the song while driving your car.

Anyway, I can recommend her "Collection" album. Definitely worth the money!

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
"you're the one" is a beautiful song

Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »
is she related to dog chapman?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 11:04:27 PM »
Yeah iv got that Cd too, definetely worth the 5 bucks i payed for it. Fantastic album. Apparently she was a huge influence on 2pac as well.

The Maestro

teecee

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 12:00:36 AM »
One song y'all have not mentioned is CROSSROADS.

Check K'naans remake of it "VOices at the Crossroads" as well, both are incredible songs; Chapman is a truly talented artist, and Nice and Smooth took Fast Car and made my second favourite hiphop track ever off that sample.  To me its TROY and the SOmetimes i Rhyme Slow.......

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 01:47:46 AM »
Yeah iv got that Cd too, definetely worth the 5 bucks i payed for it. Fantastic album. Apparently she was a huge influence on 2pac as well.

True. In the Tupac: Ressurrection movie, they actually play one of her songs "All That You Have Is Your Soul". Doesn't surprise me that Tupac liked her music...she writes from her heart, just like him.