Author Topic: Daz coming out with a new album in June 2007  (Read 721 times)

dclee

Re: Daz coming out with a new album in June 2007
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »
Daz looks like he's eating well

I know what you mean. With all the crack he does I'm surprised he's not skinny yet.

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 04:05:06 PM »
Fuck so that means the So So Def killa DVD and cd arent coming next  :'(

LMAO

anyway, What is the difference between gangsta advisory and dpg records?

-T

Same company, it changed over after his Dogg Pound Gangsta LP. Something to do with catalogs. I guess it is more money once he starts a new name like that. He said once he hits a certain number of albums on Gangsta Advisory he will do it again.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 04:06:05 PM »
also, the way i see it, they make the music for the crips in long beach to bump. their homies.

when i went to the VIP records in LBC where 213 did their demo, the employees there were all cripped out bumping some unknown g funkin young LB rapper and i saw the kid behind the counter bouncin' with it rapping with the lyrics "still comin with that eastside crip shit..." rag on his neck and all. They know DPG, and that's what they wanna hear. Even dre has said that's what he was doing with the chonic, making music for the bangers cause he grew up knowing them and making music around and with them. G's in CA will always bump that G shit, so there's always gotta be people to do it. dre just so happened to blow that shit the fuck up and here we are.

snoop even said, TBCT was to give back to his OG fanbase more than usual. it makes mad sense.  when I do art, i'm gonna do it for my homies and not the rest of the world.

now ,of course snoop does alot of music his crips probably disapprove of/don't dig but that's why he's gotta do that gangster shit still here and there to show them he's still down with them.

i hang in rialto alot, kind of a ghetto area in some parts and the hardest looking dudes around are always bumpin some westside connection, some n.w.a, some cypress hilll.....these dudes certainly know ice cube is a movie star but they STILL bump dude cause he's fuckin' ice cube. people in CA that are into rap feel the same about DPG, snoop, daz, and even dre.

that's what was so cool about so much DR shit...you could tell it was their hood music for themselves, their own gangs and we just got into peak into that world.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
Looking foward to another Daz solo. The "left side" thing is kinda played, the bangers out here don't even flag anymore.

I agree, Daz is too old for that shit. Its played out and time to move on. Snoop also needs to retire that crip suit he wears at every concert. Its alright to mature along with your music

It's not even that he hasn't matured. I feel like he has, and I also don't think gangbang music is a bad thing either. Just the fact that that's the way they promote it. I don't know any Crips, maybe they feel differnet, but like I said, where I'm from, flagging is something you could get fucked up for. Although it may only b a blood thing.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »
all that flag shit is lame to me anyway, and they need to grow with their music thats for sure!!! they want people to support but always coming up with the same shit over and over again...u need to grow musically and be able to bring something worth listening. wich is not the case with these 2 clowns.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 04:24:56 PM »
Whatever happened to him  going political or whatever?  now he's all Promoting Gangster stuff with this Only on the left side thing

lol word though, i wanted to hear his 'slavery is back' LP he was talking about doing LMAO

-T

westcoastavengers.com

biggbarcc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 04:29:06 PM »
also, the way i see it, they make the music for the crips in long beach to bump. their homies.

when i went to the VIP records in LBC where 213 did their demo, the employees there were all cripped out bumping some unknown g funkin young LB rapper and i saw the kid behind the counter bouncin' with it rapping with the lyrics "still comin with that eastside crip shit..." rag on his neck and all. They know DPG, and that's what they wanna hear. Even dre has said that's what he was doing with the chonic, making music for the bangers cause he grew up knowing them and making music around and with them. G's in CA will always bump that G shit, so there's always gotta be people to do it. dre just so happened to blow that shit the fuck up and here we are.

snoop even said, TBCT was to give back to his OG fanbase more than usual. it makes mad sense.  when I do art, i'm gonna do it for my homies and not the rest of the world.

now ,of course snoop does alot of music his crips probably disapprove of/don't dig but that's why he's gotta do that gangster shit still here and there to show them he's still down with them.

i hang in rialto alot, kind of a ghetto area in some parts and the hardest looking dudes around are always bumpin some westside connection, some n.w.a, some cypress hilll.....these dudes certainly know ice cube is a movie star but they STILL bump dude cause he's fuckin' ice cube. people in CA that are into rap feel the same about DPG, snoop, daz, and even dre.

that's what was so cool about so much DR shit...you could tell it was their hood music for themselves, their own gangs and we just got into peak into that world.

-T

I was up in Rialto once meeting my homeboy's fam and all that. I heard alotta ppl bumpin g shit, which I love myself as well. I brought up a mix cd, containing that Dogg Pound track "cruisin in my 64", my homeboy's boys loved that one.... I do agree though artists should mature their art as they mature along.... but I just dont mind getting a few bangin tracks here and there

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »
Nah, Daz/Kurupt are at their best when doing G-Shit, as one dimensional as it is sometimes thats what they do best and they stick to their main audiences. Whom, if you're a Daz/Kurupt fan in 2006-2007 you can deal with getting one dimensional subject matter everynow and then. I cant get mad at them for it, but they CAN MATURE with it (and have really.)  G-Shit is their niche but people underappreciate their versatility WITHIN the main niche. Songs like "Theres Someway Out", "Shit Happenz", "At Night", "My Heart Dont Pump No Fear" are what made me love DillGotti1 because it showed a depth I wasnt used to them showing. Then Daz did something similar on Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP on a much larger scale. If a transition from "THIS IS THE LIFE I LEAD" to "THA DOGG POUND GANGSTA LP" in CONTENT, isnt a maturity, man i seriously do not know the definition to form any sort of point.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
in RAW they speak with some depth too

-T

westcoastavengers.com

wc-reppin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 08:34:23 PM »
Tanjibility that sounds like Lil Bam cd. Everytime I go up in vip they bumpin that cd and showing Bam mad love!!! Thats the way it should be. Bam is a real dude and its good to see stores still showing the up and comers love.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 01:39:54 AM »
Tanjibility that sounds like Lil Bam cd. Everytime I go up in vip they bumpin that cd and showing Bam mad love!!! Thats the way it should be. Bam is a real dude and its good to see stores still showing the up and comers love.

sounds about right. They saw that I was a hippie ass dude so they didn't know what to think of me at first so they were like "you should check out Lupe Fiasco or somethin'...." and then they saw Dillinger and Young Gotti in my hand as well as R.A.W. and they're like...."Oh you came for Tha Dogg Pound...you fucks with e-white?"

they were coo, real helpful. I ended up buying soopafly's dat whoopty whoop.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Raphael

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 09:09:42 AM »
Looking foward to another Daz solo. The "left side" thing is kinda played, the bangers out here don't even flag anymore.

I agree, Daz is too old for that shit. Its played out and time to move on. Snoop also needs to retire that crip suit he wears at every concert. Its alright to mature along with your music

AMEN!!!