Author Topic: damn, the police in Mexico City found 206$ million in a drugbust  (Read 163 times)

ABN

only got the article in swedish but here´s a pic

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: damn, the police in Mexico City found 206$ million in a drugbust
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:31:26 AM »
Holy shit...how stupid can you be to store all that money in one room?! What a fucking moron.
On a side-note: in the port of Antwerp, they seized 45 ton of hash this week. CHA CHING! Some drug lord out there will be pretty upset I think...

ABN

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 05:50:30 AM »
they didn´t store it in 1 room, they had it stored in a shitload of places in the house. but the police put it all in one room and took a picture. i wonder how much money the cops stole?

Lex Boooger

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:40:05 AM »
lol if i were a cop i wouldve filled the car up with money and forget about busting anyone

money i stack pay for my crack

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:51:34 AM »
lmao at 206, im sure it was about 250... tomorrow the officers who found it out will show up in bentleys lol

8) 8) 8)

bez

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 12:16:19 PM »
Look at all that moneys

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 01:25:57 PM »
Wheres the other 94 million? ;D ;D ;D

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 01:43:48 PM »
Here's the news story.

By Héctor Tobar, Times Staff Writer
11:47 AM PDT, March 16, 2007

MEXICO CITY -- In the largest cash seizure in Mexican history, authorities confiscated $206 million in U.S. currency from a band of methamphetamine producers headquartered in a ritzy neighborhood here, officials said today.

Two of the seven people arrested at the home were Chinese, and authorities said the bust hinted at the vast scope of an illegal drug trade that links Mexico to Asia.

Authorities said the arrests came after an investigation that began in December, when authorities seized 20 tons of pseudoephedrine, a key ingredient in the production of methamphetamines, at the Mexican Pacific port of Lazaro Cardenas.

Mexican drug trafficking organizations have become increasing important in the wholesale and retail trade in methamphetamines in the United States because American authorities have placed tougher controls on the sale of the chemicals used to produce the highly addictive drug.

Mexico's attorney general's office said the December seizure in Lazaro Cardenas led authorities to a chemical company, Unimed Pharm Chem, based in the city of Toluca, about 50 miles west of Mexico City.

"The resulting investigation showed that this company illegally imported pseudoephedrine acetate from India," the attorney general's office said in a statement. "These chemicals are used to illegally produce methamphetamines."

Mexican police raided the home Thursday in Lomas de Chapultepec, a neighborhood home to some of this city's wealthiest residents and to many members of the diplomatic corps.

Officials said they worked past midnight to count the bills, which were hidden inside walls, suitcases and closets.

The cash seized was mostly in U.S. $100 bills and weighed at least 4,500 pounds. It was five times the amount seized in all of 2006 by Mexican authorities in anti-narcotic and money laundering operations.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-meth17mar17,1,3586404.story?coll=la-headlines-world