Author Topic: Notorious B.I.G. Is Still Notorious O.N.E.  (Read 211 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Notorious B.I.G. Is Still Notorious O.N.E.
« on: March 15, 2007, 01:31:25 PM »
The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Greatest Hits," the new Bad Boy Records compilation honoring the extraordinary life and career of the late, great hip-hop legend, has made a triumphant #1 debut on both the Billboard 200 and "Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums" charts this week, with sales of nearly 100,000 units. This marks B.I.G.'s third #1 album, as well as Bad Boy's third consecutive album to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200, following "Danity Kane" and Diddy's "Press Play."

"Everything my Son was a part of has been golden," said Voletta Wallace, mother of Christopher Wallace (aka The Notorious B.I.G.). "For his presence to be felt ten years after his murder, as if he was still here today, is very touching and overwhelming. The fans have really shown their love for my Son throughout the years, and I appreciate each and every one of them for their continued support, love, and respect of his art, music, and life! Blessings!!!"

"No one expected Biggie to enter at #1 on the Billboard charts this week, not even myself," said Bad Boy CEO Sean "Diddy" Combs. "This is a true testament to the historic impact he has had on the lives of music lovers. Numbers don't lie - Biggie is the greatest and he still has the greatest fans."

The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Greatest Hits" gathers classic tracks spanning the one-and-only Biggie Smalls's prolific, all-too-brief career. The set celebrates what is unquestionably ranked as one of hip-hop's most remarkable bodies of work, gathering together such iconic classics as "Juicy," "One More Chance," "Big Poppa," "Notorious Thugs," "Ten Crack Commandments," "Dead Wrong," and the #1 smash, "Hypnotize." In addition, the album features a pair of never-before-released tracks: "Running Your Mouth" and "Want That Old Thing Back."

Biggie was recently honored by The Source with a special commemorative issue, featuring five collectable covers marking the 10th anniversary of the Brooklyn-born-and-bred rapper's untimely passing on March 9, 1997. The feature took an in-depth look at B.I.G.'s life and legacy, noting that "a decade later, he is still a leader to follow."

The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Greatest Hits" follows the RIAA platinum-certified "Duets: The Final Chapter," which debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 upon its December 2005 release. 

Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Notorious B.I.G. Is Still Notorious O.N.E.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:37:34 PM »
I heard it sold 99,000 and that's the chart topper.

Damnnnnnnnnnnn, ain't nobody buyin' albums.

Invincible

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 01:52:20 PM »
I heard it sold 99,000 and that's the chart topper.

Damnnnnnnnnnnn, ain't nobody buyin' albums.

Yer damn right. 99,000 to top the charts sucks. If i was Puffy i wouldn't be happy with that.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 03:51:45 PM »
Not bad for a greatest hits. He only really had two albums so...

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

StevenQBosell

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »
LOL we're in the age of downloading, if this was 1998 it would would have been a different story...

I haven't bought an album since 1999!

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 07:44:43 AM »
99k for a #1 album, this would barely get you in the top 10 a few years ago, not bad for a Greatest Hits album tho

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 03:23:11 AM »
Not bad for a greatest hits. He only really had two albums so...

chill

damn thats crazy