Author Topic: Akon´s Sophomore Album "Konvicted" Certified Double Platinum  (Read 106 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The RIAA has certified SRC/Universal Motown’s global superstar Akon’s sophomore album Konvicted, double platinum. At the same time, the trailblazing Senegalese star is gracing the cover of Vibe Magazine’s April issue and is dubbed the ‘last hitmaker’ by the urban tome. Akon continues to live up to the moniker, propelling his third single from Konvicted, “Don’t Matter,” to a trio of #2’s- Billboard “Hot 100” chart, the Billboard Rhythmic “Top 40” chart and the Billboard “Hot Digital Songs” chart.

Akon was also recently hailed as Cingular’s top- selling ringtone artist ever. He is the only artist to have two double platinum ringtones, “Smack That” and “I Wanna Love You.”

The charismatic singer/songwriter/producer is currently putting the finishing touches on his new road show where he joins superstar diva Gwen Stefani on the 38-city tour, one of spring’s most anticipated live treks. The Sweet Escape Tour will kick off on April 22 in San Diego at the Coors Amphitheatre and wraps on June 23 in Irvine at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. The two stars collaborated recently on Stefani’s musical gem “The Sweet Escape,” adding to Akon’s midas touch as a producer, the song currently peaks at #3 on the Billboard “Hot 100” chart.

Konvicted has become the breakthrough album of the year around the globe, rocketing towards platinum in the UK, France, Canada, South Africa, Ireland and New Zealand. "Smack That" has already hit #1 in the UK, France, Australia and New Zealand. With the success of his debut release, Trouble and the #1 international smash "Lonely," Akon has been certified gold or platinum in more than a dozen countries. Akon’s life story has also become one of the most inspirational music sagas in recent memory, turning his life around after a stint in prison by pursuing a career in music, notching millions in albums sales since his seminal debut album Trouble.

Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: Akon´s Sophomore Album "Konvicted" Certified Double Platinum
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:19:34 AM »
i knew it.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Paul

Re: Akon´s Sophomore Album "Konvicted" Certified Double Platinum
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:50 AM »
i love the track "ride out" from the album, songs class
funkyfreshintheflesh