Author Topic: If Aftermath/Interscope doesn't give 50 Cent his 100 million dollar renewal..  (Read 1483 times)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
Everything I said its true, why would I make stuff up ?

50 and Jay are cool. Theyre doing bussiness otgehter, Jay is on 50s new album. 50 never said "fuck Jay-Z)

Of course everybody hypes themselves up one or another way. I never said others didnt. With Game it was just more notecible, since all his singles pretty much flopped, yet he managed to get to 900.000. Which means hype had basically everything to dow with it.

Regardless of how you try to spin the fact, 900,000 records sold (i round up since he is only short by 20,000.. thats what they taught in first grade) in 4 months is better than any other artists on Aftermath

Hmm, what about Eminem and 50 both going 5x plat the last time ? Or Dre who will surely go mulitplat with Detox. The only one that sold less so far is Busta, but hes a veteran, it was his 8th album, not to mention being pushed back for 6 months. If Busta didnt get pushed back, he'd outsell Game easily because he had plenty of single material.

Because you don't have any facts behind anything you say. That's why it's easier to allege that you make shit up.

1. The Game didn't just randomly diss Xzibit. If you remember, Xzibit was starting to turn into a 'crip' and started working with Dre.. Then Suge punked him about his crip affilations and Xzibit stopped rapping about crippin and didn't work with Dre as much.. This is what Game is referring to when he disses Xzibit. AND THIS IS WHAT SNOOP is REFERRING TO IN THE SONG "PIMP'D SLAP"... So no.. The Game didn't just randomly diss Xzibit, a great friend of Dr Dre (as you've indicated).. The fact is that Xzibit hasn't done a track with Dre since 2002.

2. Who's decision was it to push back Busta Rhymes? There's two ways to spin an album that is pushed back. a) the executives felt that the timing of the album wouldn't sell right or b)there's additional material they want to add that will make the album do better... Unfortunately, none of those reasons worked for Busta. Stop making it seem like there was some kind of DMV- like bureacracy that made his album get pushed back. Dre pushed it back because he knew the shit would flop. But hey, he's still working with him for the next album.

3. You've said that Jay-Z and 50 Cent didn't have problems. But the dude's post showed you that they did. When Jay-Z was to appear the "I declare War" concert people spectulated that he was going to declare war on Game or 50. 50 claims to have written 3 of The Game's songs which includes "Westside Story" and the famous maybach line... lol.. Also, 50 recently joked about Jay-Z's first week sales saying that the marketing budget was really high for the numbers he got.

i can go on and on..

did you/do you go to csuf? I go to cal state san bernardino.

anyway, where did Game diss x? that line in documentary or is there one that i missed?

also, i doubt 50 wrote the verses to westside story even if he did structure the song/write the hook
-T

yea i graduated from there in 2003. alot of my friends went to cssb. I grew up in alta loma/rancho cucamonga, then i moved to orange county.. so i naturally went to csuf. but alot of the people i grew up with went to cssb.

the only diss i know of is the line in documentary.. but i'm sure he's dissed him in mixtapes..

true, 50 probably didn't write the verses themselves, but 50 and Dre both have the creative control of the track and album.. If Dre makes people repeat bars over 100 times, and made snoop re-write "That's That"... then i'm sure they would of made Game re-write that verse if they disagreed with it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me

50 and Jay are cool. Theyre doing bussiness otgehter, Jay is on 50s new album. 50 never said "fuck Jay-Z)

Of course everybody hypes themselves up one or another way. I never said others didnt. With Game it was just more notecible, since all his singles pretty much flopped, yet he managed to get to 900.000. Which means hype had basically everything to dow with it.

Regardless of how you try to spin the fact, 900,000 records sold (i round up since he is only short by 20,000.. thats what they taught in first grade) in 4 months is better than any other artists on Aftermath

Hmm, what about Eminem and 50 both going 5x plat the last time ? Or Dre who will surely go mulitplat with Detox. The only one that sold less so far is Busta, but hes a veteran, it was his 8th album, not to mention being pushed back for 6 months. If Busta didnt get pushed back, he'd outsell Game easily because he had plenty of single material.

Because you don't have any facts behind anything you say. That's why it's easier to allege that you make shit up.

1. The Game didn't just randomly diss Xzibit. If you remember, Xzibit was starting to turn into a 'crip' and started working with Dre.. Then Suge punked him about his crip affilations and Xzibit stopped rapping about crippin and didn't work with Dre as much.. This is what Game is referring to when he disses Xzibit. AND THIS IS WHAT SNOOP is REFERRING TO IN THE SONG "PIMP'D SLAP"... So no.. The Game didn't just randomly diss Xzibit, a great friend of Dr Dre (as you've indicated).. The fact is that Xzibit hasn't done a track with Dre since 2002.

2. Who's decision was it to push back Busta Rhymes? There's two ways to spin an album that is pushed back. a) the executives felt that the timing of the album wouldn't sell right or b)there's additional material they want to add that will make the album do better... Unfortunately, none of those reasons worked for Busta. Stop making it seem like there was some kind of DMV- like bureacracy that made his album get pushed back. Dre pushed it back because he knew the shit would flop. But hey, he's still working with him for the next album.

3. You've said that Jay-Z and 50 Cent didn't have problems. But the dude's post showed you that they did. When Jay-Z was to appear the "I declare War" concert people spectulated that he was going to declare war on Game or 50. 50 claims to have written 3 of The Game's songs which includes "Westside Story" and the famous maybach line... lol.. Also, 50 recently joked about Jay-Z's first week sales saying that the marketing budget was really high for the numbers he got.

i can go on and on..

did you/do you go to csuf? I go to cal state san bernardino.

anyway, where did Game diss x? that line in documentary or is there one that i missed?

also, i doubt 50 wrote the verses to westside story even if he did structure the song/write the hook
-T

yea i graduated from there in 2003. alot of my friends went to cssb. I grew up in alta loma/rancho cucamonga, then i moved to orange county.. so i naturally went to csuf. but alot of the people i grew up with went to cssb.

the only diss i know of is the line in documentary.. but i'm sure he's dissed him in mixtapes..

true, 50 probably didn't write the verses themselves, but 50 and Dre both have the creative control of the track and album.. If Dre makes people repeat bars over 100 times, and made snoop re-write "That's That"... then i'm sure they would of made Game re-write that verse if they disagreed with it.

i didn't think the line 'you gonna do me like xzibit and cut half of my face?' was a diss

that's crazy, I live in fontana on the border of fontana/rancho cucamonga. but i'm from the SB/rialto area.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I still cant understand people who are saying Game is off Aftermath because of 50. It was a part of why he got dropped but not the whole reason. Its obvious his character is strange, not trust worthy and dissing Bishop and Eminem (about that 2Pac thing) wasnt the smartest idea from Game either.

Do you have a source from someone from the inside saying that was the reason why Game was dropped? As much as i read and watch hip hop news, i never ever ever read or heard any interview of someone saying "Game got dropped from Aftermath because his character is strange". And unless you have some secret Dre interview/conversation that you're not sharing, he hasn't publically commented on his relationship with Game and why he isn't on Aftermath..

Maybe you might think Game's personality is strange, but you shouldn't impose your opinions as Aftermath/Interscope's opinions.

Somebody said something about poor choices of singles. One Blood was a great choice for a street single, Lets Ride was weak but lets be real here, Game had no hit material. other than Kanye joint, which flopped anyways.

People aint stupid, they saw that Game isnt the most original rapper out there. Like he said it himeslf, the name Game is because he stuided the game, is several rappers rolled in one. Hes just not unique. Sometimes he sounds like 50, sometimes like Dre, sometimes like Pharrell. Hes not bad at all, hes just aint nothing special. You could saw based on his sales, it was mostly about hype. He had solid  first 2,3 weeks, then it all slowed down.

Your point makes me wonder why they still work with Busta Rhymes. The man got mad character, he has talent yet nobody is really checking for him. He only went gold based from the extra push in marketing. Game on the other hand, has talent (even 50 said he is a good rapper, just doesn't know how to make songs), can self market and can push units.. He has sold 900,000 units in 4 months without Dre or 50's help. Other than Dre, 50 and Em, there is no other rapper on Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit that can sell 900,000 records in 4 months WITH or WITHOUT Dre and 50 Cent.. And i'm speaking of Eve, Busta, Banks, Yayo, and soon to be Young Buck.

Didn't Dre say himself

"Then I got these fake-ass niggaz I first drew with
Claimin that they non-violent, talkin like they *voice sample*
Spit venom in interviews, speakin on reunions
Move units, then talk shit and we can do this
Until then - I ain't even speakin your name"

You dont need no source to know that. Couple examples; we all know Dre and 50 were pissed at Game for appearing in that "Certified Gangsta" vid. They wanted Games first apperance to be the How We Do vid, but he didnt do what he was told. Lets talk about him dissing Jay-z, with whom Dre has a great relationship. Lets talk about him dissing Xzibit, for no reason, who is also close to Dre.  Lets talk about him dissing 50 on that Soldier track (Game said it himself), or that Dreams joint. Lets talk about how R-Tistic said that Game was planning the beef since summer 2004. Lets talk about how he dissed Eminem for that 2Pac album. Lets talk about how he dissed Bishop 3 months after he got dropped. So when Dre had to decide who to drop, it was a no-brainer, bussiness and personality wise. Not to mention that Em and 50 are like brothers and 50 gets along great with the whole Shady family.

Now Im gonna tell you why Game sold 800.000. Hype. He was all about hype. "Hows he gonna do without Dre and 50 bla bla bla". Game took advantage of that. Dude was on EVERY magazine, on XXL and Source even 2,3 times, radio, tv, interviews.... Everybody wanted to see how he'll turn out. Thats why he was at 700.000 after a month, then it all completley slowed down.

Getting dropped from GUnit/ Aftermath was the best thing that could happen to him. If he stayed there Im positive, he'd do Busta numbers.

Okay, I got questions based on what TTK just said:

a)Who's vid was certified gangsta?
b)He dissed Jay with the Maybach line or was there a real diss? Cause he's said repeatedly, the Maybach line ain't at Jay (though that's dubious, it is his stance)
b)Dissed Xzibit? You referring to "You gonna do me like Xzibit and cut half o' my face" line or another?
c)Dissed 50 on soldier track...what soldier track?
d)What Dreams joint? I'm assuming one of Game's many remixes of his own songs where he disses G Unit?Or the Vivica line from the version in Documentary?
e)Dissed Eminem for the 2pac album? What did Game say? was this in an interview or a song? what was the context/what was he dissing for?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________---

Furthermore, Game sold 800,000 units because he has love in the streets. He will go plat cause cats that was broke when the record dropped will cop it when they can. I'm in LA, in LBC, in Rialto, in San Bernardino,in Fontana, in Colton, Riverside, shit a grip of the IE.... hang with alot of artists, stoners, minorities, and I sell weed. I see, meet alot of cats. from selling a sack to your sketchy neighbor, to seeing people throughout cities just rolling along bumping...and the streets have love for Game, and every street ass cat I meet is like "50 is destroyed in the streets, Game will outlast him cause while 50 will go multi plat a few times. In 5 years he'll be done and Game will still be able to do 400-600,000 whenever depending on how hard he comes with it, just off his street following."  For every 3 people I see with G Unit clothing (one of which actually bought a 50 record and the other two downloaded 'wanksta' and rock the gear) I see a cat with a G Unot shirt that much more likely bought Game's albums than the G unit sporters bought some G unit records. Game has mad street credibility , most people that I have met outside the forum do not think he is fake, that he was a stripper etc. 

People bought this shit partly because of beef, because of controversy, image, the hype yeah...but you know the main reason? Cause his first record was banging, and it's what the west coast had been missing. and he did the smartest thing he could do with the second record: givin' the people more of what they wanted the best he could.

anyone that was curious just cause the hype coulda downloaded it, like my homey that bought the Hurricanes that didn't even wanna go to the Game's concert.
-T

a) A vid by Dipset feat. Game
b) He said "fuck Jay-z" on a concert. 50 then made him end the beef.
c) He was on the radio and the question was "whos the wackest rapper you have worked with" and he said "Xzibit". Which is funny because they never worked together before DA track.
d) Soldier track, produced by Mel Man. He even mentions the Soldier track on Doc, something in the words of "If I could go back, I'd rewrite Soldier, so I wouldnt have to look over my shoulder"
e) Well, that was more of a jab but he said "anything can happen if 50 fucked Vivica". Ok lets say we ingore this, still with 50 being a huge ego mainac...
f) In an interview he was asked about how he felt about Loyal To The Game. He said he didnt like how people are treating 2Pacs legacy and said fuck em. Then the interview was like "but Eminem did that" and he replyed with "If the shoe fits..."

About "street cred" its normal that the underdogs, people who aint selling 5 mill and appear on every tv show, is gonna get more love from the "street thugs". Have no doubt though, Game would switch a couple of this gangbangers for 4 more mill fans in a sec.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i can go on and on..

1.I explained the Xzibit part one post above
2. Lets say neither of us know why Busta got pushed back but if he was released in January, February when Touch It and Touch It remix were huge he would have gone plat easily.
3. But Jay nad 50 beefed way back in 99,00. Yeah 50 said Jay didnt do great numbers, but was also having a 10 min speach about how Jays album is dope and too good for todays standards. And Jay is on 50s new album

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Where was this soldier track released? a mixtape?

where can I hear Game saying 'fuck jay z' in a  concert? is it youtubable/downloadable audio?

50 and dipset have been beefing THAT long? Damn.

that shit with him saying xzibit is whack...downloadable audio/youtube?

I'll believe the shit about Eminem, he's just speaking on tweakin' Pac's songs, probably wasn't really dissing Em.

and when I say street people, i don't mean thugs...I just mean the regular ass people of California. and that's alot of people. I see the hardest gangsters bumping Game. I see the softest bitches bumping Game. Stoners bump Game, and non stony african-americans I know bump Game....he has mad love in literally the streets. 50 gets alot of play at clubs and parties, but I rarely see him get play outside of that. and the club shit is always shifting...long after 50's not getting played in the club, people will still play Game in the streets, just like Cube, Mack 10 and that tree of cats...he's seen in that light from what I've observed.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
game leaving aftermath/interscope was the worst thing that happened to him, not the best.....if he left gunit, fair enough, but having to jump off aftermath was a move backwards sales wise, do not even get it twisted for a minute, game would have sold more on aftermath than he has without them, he lost many groupies for that, he also gained fans but we all know whats cracking with that...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
oh and yeah, 50 aint serious, he just keeping interscope active to his situation...he wanna make them worried, no label will want to loose 50 for the amount of money he make.....

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
oh and yeah, 50 aint serious, he just keeping interscope active to his situation...he wanna make them worried, no label will want to loose 50 for the amount of money he make.....

truth +1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Looks like he wasnt kidding:

Last night 50 called in to POW Radio. He talked about his album, beef, and more.

Before 50 called in, PR said he was at the studio with 50, he heard some of the album and its crack. He said no joke, its a problem, he said nobody should come out this summer.

OK, 50 called in, he said that the only thing hip hop has to look forward too is his album, Ems shit and Detox. He said he just did 2 tracks with Dre for Detox and its coming. He said that he was at Floyd Mayweathers training camp, and that Floyd is sharp as a knife, so bet big on him. He said that he has 2 albums coming out, the first on June 19th 2007, he said that it is not called BISD, he said BISD will come out Feb 4, 2008, and then his contract with Interscope is up, cause his 5th album is a greatest hits. He said he has a great relationship with Interscope but he wants 100 mill to stay. He said that his single is almost ready, they are mixing it and cleaning it up so it should be out soon. He also said that he has to have a security guard at the studio to keep anyone from stealing his shit, like Whoo Kid.

They talked about the Cam thing, he said that Cam said shit about him doing a video in his backyard and it wasnt his neighborhood. 50 said that his backyard is a nieghborhood, its 18 acres, he said he lost people back there and that people have to do what boy scouts do, leave a rope or some shit behind so they can find there way back. He said he did another video at his house in Cail. (I think he means another diss video) Whoo Kid asked so he will be putting out another video? 50 said he isnt sure, he said he is smart enuff to know not to bother with someone who isnt smart enuff to know when they lost. But he said he is having fun, he is haveing a good time with these fools. Whoo Kid said to 50 that he is really doing big things with these Youtube videos and shit. 50 said he has a deal with Youtube, thats why he is doing all these videos and that when people respond to him he is getting payed, then he yelled "getting payed" in a fucked up voice. PR started to talk about Cam and 50 said that they have to find a new topic, he said your beating a dead horse, he said your beating a horse that died of AIDS, that had everyone cracking the fuck up. He joked with Whoo Kid saying he wants his money and shit, and that he does see the hunger with Whoo Kid so he might take Rob E Rob or a new DJ on tour with him, just fucking around with Whoo Kid. They said Bucks album drops next week, its crazy.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Buck cd is pretty cool i hope 50 shit is good or else you can say bye bye to that $100 million dollar contract.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
100 million isn't that much money for a 5 album deal for 50. If 50 Cent can sell a combined 10 million with those 5 albums, Interscope breaks even. If you don't think 50 can sell 2 mill per album, your underestimating him.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
o yeah by the way i was at club Jet a few weeks ago and 50 was their with Floyd Mayweather celebrating his 31st birthday and he does look sharp.

Blu Lacez

Looks like he wasnt kidding:

Last night 50 called in to POW Radio. He talked about his album, beef, and more.

Before 50 called in, PR said he was at the studio with 50, he heard some of the album and its crack. He said no joke, its a problem, he said nobody should come out this summer.

OK, 50 called in, he said that the only thing hip hop has to look forward too is his album, Ems shit and Detox. He said he just did 2 tracks with Dre for Detox and its coming. He said that he was at Floyd Mayweathers training camp, and that Floyd is sharp as a knife, so bet big on him. He said that he has 2 albums coming out, the first on June 19th 2007, he said that it is not called BISD, he said BISD will come out Feb 4, 2008, and then his contract with Interscope is up, cause his 5th album is a greatest hits. He said he has a great relationship with Interscope but he wants 100 mill to stay. He said that his single is almost ready, they are mixing it and cleaning it up so it should be out soon. He also said that he has to have a security guard at the studio to keep anyone from stealing his shit, like Whoo Kid.

They talked about the Cam thing, he said that Cam said shit about him doing a video in his backyard and it wasnt his neighborhood. 50 said that his backyard is a nieghborhood, its 18 acres, he said he lost people back there and that people have to do what boy scouts do, leave a rope or some shit behind so they can find there way back. He said he did another video at his house in Cail. (I think he means another diss video) Whoo Kid asked so he will be putting out another video? 50 said he isnt sure, he said he is smart enuff to know not to bother with someone who isnt smart enuff to know when they lost. But he said he is having fun, he is haveing a good time with these fools. Whoo Kid said to 50 that he is really doing big things with these Youtube videos and shit. 50 said he has a deal with Youtube, thats why he is doing all these videos and that when people respond to him he is getting payed, then he yelled "getting payed" in a fucked up voice. PR started to talk about Cam and 50 said that they have to find a new topic, he said your beating a dead horse, he said your beating a horse that died of AIDS, that had everyone cracking the fuck up. He joked with Whoo Kid saying he wants his money and shit, and that he does see the hunger with Whoo Kid so he might take Rob E Rob or a new DJ on tour with him, just fucking around with Whoo Kid. They said Bucks album drops next week, its crazy.

/\
   Hey Timbo, from reading this..it sounds like you were listening to the radio show, with a pen and paper..ready to take notes..
You seem to cover everyhting...
Am just kidding..no disrespect!! ;D
But thanks for the info..

Can't wait for 50's Album.. 8)
lol@youtube and Cam'ron... :D

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
o yeah by the way i was at club Jet a few weeks ago and 50 was their with Floyd Mayweather celebrating his 31st birthday and he does look sharp.

who is floyd?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

who is floyd?

-T

seriously - if you can get on google - use it! > http://floydmayweather.net/

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network