Author Topic: Man Eminem was great (The Eminem Show Era)  (Read 722 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Man Eminem was great (The Eminem Show Era)
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 02:30:32 PM »
His riegn as the best rapper in the world lasted 6 years.  He was the best rapper in the world on everything he did in the period from 98's Slim Shady EP all the way to 2003 his work on 50 Cent's "Get Rich Or Die Trying".  The first time I noticed him falling off was when the second D-12 record came out.  It was alright, but it was the first sign of them releasing a product that wasn't better or atleast on par with what had came before it.  It was the first time you could see a visible decline in the projects he was releasing.  After that he fell farther and farther, and on the Encore album he basically kills his Slim Shady character off because he doesn't have anything else left to say or prove.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bez

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 02:48:47 PM »
I can still listen to Til I collapse on full blast and it still amazes me.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 07:47:48 PM »
Lyrical G let me just say thank you for not jumping to too many conclusions and just insulting me like what has been done in the past when I give my hip hop opinions. Let me also clear up a few things for you. You seemed to not quite understand what I was trying to say (that's not an insult).

I was commenting on group thinking in general, and specifically group thinking in the projects, only because you brought up Eminem's hood presence or lack there of. I even brought up an example of suburban white group thinking not being able to accept black artistry too well to try and make it very clear that I was not attempting to be racist. It's not that black people don't understand art. It's that black people, particularly poor black people in the projects, don't understand white art, because they refuse to understand it. It's not hard to find a group of black men in the ghetto, play them the Kweli and Hi Tek album and have them appreciate it, but it is hard to find a group that appreciates or understands Nirvana's In Utero. It's not hard to find a group of older black men that understand and appreciate "Songs in the Key of Life" or "What's Going On", but not quite so hard as finding a group that feels the same about "Born To Run" or "Blood on the Tracks". It's simple natural racist preference. When you have a group of people all the same living together in the same area you tend to stick with what is your's.

Now there is a difference in the reasons why whites apprecaite white art more and blacks appreciate black art more. With whites it's unfamiliarity. They aren't exposed to it very much through out their lives or education and it's very foreign to them because of that. They don't learn to take too many black man seriously as artists. With blacks it's resentment. They aren't exposed to many black artists in school and society and in their minds they are greatly over-exposed to white artists. This doesn't just aplly to music but all forms of art. So when a black "artist" emerges it gets held on to by the black artistic psyche, and the acceptance of white art gets followed with thoughts and accusations of betrayal.

This is just the art side of the group thought. The mainstream group thought repels all artistic ventures in general.

Do I think I know more in general than a black man in the projects? No. Do I think I have a greater appreciation of music than the ghetto group thought does? Absolutely. Group thought is limited and prejudice. It's not legitimate. No matter where it is it keeps the people (people of any race) from accepting what they don't think the group will accept.

I didn't mean ghetto blacks wouldn't accept TES because it was too artistic. I meant it was to "white" artistic. Just like Jimi Hendrix was too "white" artistic and he was black. It's not about what race the person is, but what race the sound is. How many Charlie Pride albums are you going to find in the hood? Eminem ventured into a sound that went outside the conventionsal hip hop of that era and closer to a 70s rock sound with a 90s touch. You say flat out it's not a masterpiece. How many of the following albums do you consider a masterpiece: Appetite For Destruction, In Utero, Vs, And Justice For All, Born To Run, Highway 61 Revisted, The Black Album (Metallica's), Are You Experienced?

Out of a score of ten what would you give each of those albums?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 08:35:24 PM »
If Eminem could come back with some SSLP/MMLP type shit people would shit there pants. He needs to do so to save his career. It will never happen.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 08:41:02 PM »

co-sign, ubelievable track  :o

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 12:26:09 AM »

co-sign, ubelievable track  :o

"I got a list here's order of my list that it's in

it goes reggie jay z 2pac and biggie
andre from outkast, Kurupt, Nas and then me"

who am I missing from that list? anyway, dope track. DPG-12 connect gang beyitches.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

TRG

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 12:49:22 AM »

who am I missing from that list? anyway, dope track. DPG-12 connect gang beyitches.

-T

andre from outkast JADA, kurupt nas and then me

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 12:51:08 AM »

-T

thanks mayne, +1

only 25 more posts homey

-T
andre from outkast JADA, kurupt nas and then me

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram