Author Topic: DivX to DVD converter.  (Read 65 times)

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
DivX to DVD converter.
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:28:28 PM »
OK I need some help on this topic. I downloaded a movie that came as a DivX .avi file and I can view it on my pc via vlc player but I wonder how I can turn it into a file that a regular dvd player can play.

I´m not talking about vcd or svcd crap (I once converted a wmv file into a vcd file so that my old ass dvd player could read it and the "resolution" was way too low so that you really could see the "pixels" lol) or anything but just that "dvd format." I read that you could just burn the avi file as a data disc and any divx dvd player could read it but my dvd player doesn´t support divx. So basically I wonder about this.

1) I was looking around the net for some converters and I´ve seen that there are some divx to dvd converters. I just want to know if I could burn a 700mb avi file onto a regular 700/800mb CD (not a DVD but a regular cd rom - I don´t have a dvd burner lol.) Like does the file, once converted, increase in size or anything?   

and

2) If I do that, is there any quality loss?

If you know about all that converting and burning shit then please help me out and if you know a bout a goof freeware converter then tell me about that too. ;)  Would be really appreciated.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
Re: DivX to DVD converter.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:57:13 PM »
nero burning rom suit has an app to do that. I used to do that with TV all the time. If you don't have it type your subject line into google and you'll have a shitload of programs to choose from. The few I've used besides whatever nero has are http://www.xilisoft.com/divx-to-dvd-converter.html
http://www.imtoo.com/divx-to-dvd-converter.html

-those 2 might be like 99% the same, they look like at least.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:00:32 PM »
...I didn't read the last part of your post, you need a dvd burner. you can't fit a dvd on a cdr unless it's in avi. If you convert to dvd it will be way too big to fit. Your choice is to either buy a divx/xvid/mp4 compatible dvd player (I got one for my mom for $30 CAD) or get a dvd burner (they're pretty cheap now, and worth having)
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 05:40:24 AM »
...I didn't read the last part of your post, you need a dvd burner. you can't fit a dvd on a cdr unless it's in avi. If you convert to dvd it will be way too big to fit. Your choice is to either buy a divx/xvid/mp4 compatible dvd player (I got one for my mom for $30 CAD) or get a dvd burner (they're pretty cheap now, and worth having)

That´s what I thought.  :-\  This sucks ass. lol

I´d get a dvd burner anyways when I get a new pc but that will take some time I guess so I´ll just burn it over at a friend´s place. I knew all that shit wouldn´t be as easy as I thought. lol

Thanks for clearing it up though.

props!