Author Topic: Eminem needs to stop producing...  (Read 392 times)

Narrator

Re: Eminem needs to stop producing...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 05:24:59 PM »
Most of his beats sound good for his own lyrics, so I'm usually OK when he produces for himself.  I usually can't stand it when he produces for other artists, however...especially what he did on Pac's "Loyal To The Game".

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
^^^ Well he had no business being on that project anyways. I though the beat he did with D_block acouple years back fucken sucked when everyone around my way thought it was the hottest shit.

I think for Em's production to be at it's best, he's gotta work with people he's comfortable with ( himslef, the Unit, Obie, D12, Stat, etc. )

Blu Lacez

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 05:49:30 PM »
I think his Beats Are Ok!!!

i always look forward to listenin to any Em Beat..
I don't feel he should stop producing, he has done it for a good while why stop???
he can improve..try different styles..I don't think he should just suddenly stop..
just my two cents!!

Paul

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »
in fact i did enjoy one beat - renegade off blueprint
funkyfreshintheflesh

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 08:15:59 PM »
Most of his beats sound good for his own lyrics, so I'm usually OK when he produces for himself.  I usually can't stand it when he produces for other artists, however...especially what he did on Pac's "Loyal To The Game".

co-sign, he does sound good over his own beats and should stick to producing for himself

Al Bundy

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 08:19:58 PM »
Ems production in 2006 > Dr.Dre's in 2006. All the beats he gave to G-Unit were hot.

Eminem f/ Nate Dogg - "'Till I Collapse"
50 Cent f/ Eminem - "Patiently Waiting"
Obie Trice f/ 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks of G-Unit & Eminem - "We All Die One Day"
Hands Up feat. 50 Cent
Drama Setter - Eminem, Tony Yayo
Shake That (feat. Nate Dogg)
You Dont Know (Eminem, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks & Ca$his)

Those just some of the bigger name tracks from G-Unit. But Em is easily one of the better main stream producers. Though he's proven he can't produce an entire album start to finish. If you need one beat, get it from Em.

Did you forget Loyal to the Game?

My nonexistant pet cockroach > Eminems production

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 08:22:06 PM »
Ems production in 2006 > Dr.Dre's in 2006. All the beats he gave to G-Unit were hot.

Hands Up feat. 50 Cent

Those just some of the bigger name tracks from G-Unit. But Em is easily one of the better main stream producers. Though he's proven he can't produce an entire album start to finish. If you need one beat, get it from Em.

I think everyone can agree that Loyal to the Game was a biiiig mistake ( mostly because Em didn't work with 2Pac on the album ), but act like your favorite producer hasn;t made a mistake or been involved in a few bad projects.

Your completely ignoring the hits Em has made and only focusing on the negative.

Al Bundy

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 08:23:46 PM »

Hands Up feat. 50 Cent

I think everyone can agree that Loyal to the Game was a biiiig mistake ( mostly because Em didn't work with 2Pac on the album ), but act like your favorite producer hasn;t made a mistake or been involved in a few bad projects.

Your completely ignoring the hits Em has made and only focusing on the negative.

Of course every producer hasn't churned out hit after hit but I really dislike his production and his work on the 2pac album really didn't help my opinion on it.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »
Well if you haven't heard any recent production he's deversified quite a bit but still has his own sound. There was about a 3-4 year span where I wasn't fuckin' with Em's production, but like I said in an earlier post, The Re-Up sounded unbelievable.

And I'm not gonna disagree with you on how damn bad that Pac album was.

TRG

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 10:38:13 PM »
yeh like said before, his beats are suited for HIM, he's had a few good beats but most are average and i dont usually get to excited when it says "Produced By Eminem", i did think his beat on Buck The World was pretty hot

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 12:50:05 AM »
come to think of it, i like 'don't approach me' from restless but the song would have been way doper if dre produced it

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 05:37:04 AM »

Em had a couple of good beats in 06, but 30 Something>>>>>>Em's production CV.

XaNdEr

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 05:47:26 AM »
maybe its just me, but i think loyal to the game is a tight album...  :-\

i mean, every song is good enough to listen to...nothing outstanding and certainly not a classic, but i wouldnt say its a flop music-wise...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 05:55:02 AM »
I've been saying that for years, his earlier beats were alright (when he didn't do the drums (DJ Head), when Dre's musicians worked with him (Mike Elizondo)).

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 05:55:18 AM »
maybe its just me, but i think loyal to the game is a tight album...  :-\

i mean, every song is good enough to listen to...nothing outstanding and certainly not a classic, but i wouldnt say its a flop music-wise...

It's not bad but Quik's remix of Loyal To The Game outshines everything else on the album by a country mile, and shows up Em's production ability in the process.