Author Topic: Return of the Mac didnt impress me after 1st listen  (Read 293 times)

WC Iz Active

Return of the Mac didnt impress me after 1st listen
« on: March 21, 2007, 03:57:26 PM »
I really wanted to like this album but it just sucks.  I mean P kept it real on the album but its just not a good album.  And Im shocked that alot of people thought the production was great, it was solid but it could of been wayyy better. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 05:28:40 PM by Spice 2k7 »

ABN

Re: Return of the Mac = W.A.C.K.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 03:59:46 PM »
havenīt heard it yet, but my hopes arenīt high coz Pīs dissapointed so many times in the last 5-6 years. Hav needs to bounce and start a solo career for real.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »
havenīt heard it yet, but my hopes arenīt high coz Pīs dissapointed so many times in the last 5-6 years. Hav needs to bounce and start a solo career for real.
I agree, I still think Hav is real dope.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »
Wow, haven't heard it yet but Mac 10 Handle and New York Shit were dope.  M10H was just like sinister and depressing, and I thought it was great.  NYS - I love that Pac sample, great production, good lyrics from P.  I didn't like P's hook though.

But I'm still anticipating hearing this album.  Al can really bring heat when he wants to.  As for P, my expectations for him have obviously dropped.

O and those 2 joints alone completely shit on Blood Money.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »
Blood Money was weak but "Put Em In Their Place" shits on any track from Return Of The Mac

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 04:18:05 PM »
You're usually dead on about music. I won't waste my time on this album then. Thanks.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

herpes

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 04:27:09 PM »
i havnt heard the ablum yet except for mack 10 handle and new york shit, both of which were dope.  And from what ive read so far everyone is saying the album is dope.  They are saying the the production is good and this is the best Pee has sounded in years.  And the first album in a long time that is true to the NY sound.  So I wouldnt listen to spices opinion on rap what so ever. 

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 04:42:26 PM »
yea the songs release on youtube with vids are nice but the album aint top notch for real .. didnt really like it either. then again i just listened to the album once and quickly .. would need to listen to it more to have a better opinion
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »
i havnt heard the ablum yet except for mack 10 handle and new york shit, both of which were dope.  And from what ive read so far everyone is saying the album is dope.  They are saying the the production is good and this is the best Pee has sounded in years.  And the first album in a long time that is true to the NY sound.  So I wouldnt listen to spices opinion on rap what so ever. 

LMAO.  Keep on dissin, I know good music when I hear it and this album is far from good.  A couple of good tracks and thats it,  not a good album at all.

herpes

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:59:48 PM »

I know good music when I hear it

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THATS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE HEARD..... and btw I noticed the AZ dickriding will begin now, christ you're a joke.  Why couldnt you just stay at the dipcc.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THATS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE HEARD..... and btw I noticed the AZ dickriding will begin now, christ you're a joke.  Why couldnt you just stay at the dipcc.

sorry man I know good music when I hear it and most people here know that. 

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 05:09:32 PM »

sorry man I know good music when I hear it and most people here know that. 

My dude, usually you are on point about music, but you are a hater, at least when it comes to G-Unit. You say you tried to give it a chance, but it hasn't even been leaked for 24 hours.

I got mad love for ur knowledge of music, but you go out of your way to be a hater against anything G-Unit related. Fact is Return of the Mac is a good album, and if you don't like something, or they are nothing to you, don't waste time posting hate topics.

Your Devin thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this thread. The Devin thread is the kind of stuff we like to hear from you, not this hating. We all know you hate on the Unit, no need to post this unless you just wanted to piss people off.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »
^^homie everytime a new album leaks I post my opinions.  I just didnt think this was a good album, of course I will give it another chance but after 1 listen I wasnt impressed.  remember I didnt like Styles P "Time Is Money" at first and now I love it, maybe this will grow on me also but after 1 llsten I wasnt that impressed thats all.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 05:25:46 PM »
I hope your expecting another The Infamous, Blood Money etc. Out of the few rappers remiaing from the mid 90's, only a fraction of them will ever recapture the magic of that era. There will never be another Infamous, never another Hell on Earth.

Again like i said, give it a week, I rarley if ever can form a solid opinion on an album without at least a week to let it soak. Time Iz Money and Hell Hath No Fury sounded like absoulte trash, and now after time we all know they are absoulte crack.

I usually listen on a discman, home stero and my twins 8's ( lol I know they suck, but better than stock at least ) before going so far as to say an album sucks or is great.

I can't tell you what to do, and I think everyone here values your opinion as much as the next poster, but the hate threads are unncesesary imo.

Give it a week, and then let me know what u think pimpin.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
Re: Return of the Mac didnt impress me after 1st listen
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 05:29:37 PM »
cd was ok not his best ill tell u that