Author Topic: MAJOR CROOKED I ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT TO BE MADE  (Read 5459 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: MAJOR CROOKED I ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT TO BE MADE
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »
Damm....in all honesty, I'm nowhere near "hyped" up for a Crooked album anymore. Even with Detox, I know I've waited forever, but I know for fact that he's worked on it, is currently workin on it (because he booked up EVERY major studio in L.A.), and that it will AT LEAST be a 9.0 out of 10. With Crook, he never even dropped a first or second album for me to really be THAAT hyped over him makin another one, and even without an album bein released, he hasn't dropped any major songs on his own. There was a time that whenever I met somebody outside of CA, the FIRST person I'd mention was Crooked I, and say that he could murder ANYBODY from outside the West. However...all he has is freestyles and mixtapes to show for it, with none of his songs really being THAT dope. Boom boom clap was hot, but still not even as dope as Sly Boogy's radio singles.

We've seen SO MANY rappers to come out after Crook, and not just come out...but cats that we heard about AFTER Crooked I said he was droppin an album....who would drop a mixtape, album, mixtape, and sometimes ANOTHER album, before Crook has even released one. He's like the kid who's been in college as an undergrad student since 1997, and when you say "damn so I heard you graduate this summer!!" he's like "well.....I got a few more classes, so it might be Fall.....but then they might not offer it then, so I think it'll be Spring.....but I will graduate!!!"

And please believe that this is no disrespect to Crook at all, not even a little bit. I have heard people say that Snoop blackballed him, and I have no idea how true that is and how much power that could really have....but even with that, it's no way that he could stop Crook from even makin an album. And he talked about havin millions of dollars...can't he put some of that to motion and drop somethin?? I mean, SOMETHIN??

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2007, 09:41:47 PM »
I never thought of the idea that snoop could be blaccballing him but I think we would have heard by now if that was the straight up reason.
if i was to ever learn that to be true then I don't think I could buy snoop stuff ever again.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »
this is whut a mod at the crooked i boards said about the announcement:

No. The announcement was real. It was good news. I know what was going to be said. And I know what song was going to be released.

But now I'm pretty sure someone on the business side of things hasn't done what he should have done. And if its the person I'm thinking of, I don't understand why Crooked ever went into business with him.

And I don't understand why Crooked told Kay to announce anything until everything was finalized. All it did was get people excited, only to piss them off when the news never came.

I'm a fan of Crooked and I enjoy being a mod here, but Crooked needs to get different people around him.

http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

We Fly High

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2007, 10:43:21 PM »

No. The announcement was real. It was good news. I know what was going to be said. And I know what song was going to be released.

But now I'm pretty sure someone on the business side of things hasn't done what he should have done. And if its the person I'm thinking of, I don't understand why Crooked ever went into business with him.

And I don't understand why Crooked told Kay to announce anything until everything was finalized. All it did was get people excited, only to piss them off when the news never came.

I'm a fan of Crooked and I enjoy being a mod here, but Crooked needs to get different people around him.

haha WOW.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »

Damn, sad.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »
fuck this shit

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »

omg hahahahaha, this shit is crazy lol.. :'( :-\ :-X >:( :o :'( :laugh: :o ;) :) :D

dclee

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2007, 12:48:51 AM »
not really surprised though i admit i am disappointed.  8)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2007, 03:41:38 AM »
lmao, we all knew it tho... i am really suprised people still follow this guy, 10ish years no album. i stopped listening to crooked i in like 2002, when i got sick of waiting for "Say Hi To The Bad Guy"

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2007, 07:34:01 AM »
lmao, we all knew it tho... i am really suprised people still follow this guy, 10ish years no album. i stopped listening to crooked i in like 2002, when i got sick of waiting for "Say Hi To The Bad Guy"

So just because he's not releasing an album, you aren't going to listen to the music that gets posted online?  Every new joint gets posted on this forum even, I don't know how you can ignore them.   It takes just as much time to open a mp3 link as to type up a post.  You have missed out on alot of good music man. 

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2007, 09:37:22 AM »
theres no sleeping icon?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »

So just because he's not releasing an album, you aren't going to listen to the music that gets posted online?  Every new joint gets posted on this forum even, I don't know how you can ignore them.   It takes just as much time to open a mp3 link as to type up a post.  You have missed out on alot of good music man. 

say you ordered some fries at a restaurant and the restaurant put one or two individual fuckin' french fries on each and every table in the place and told you to round 'em up...would you eat there or would you eat at a restaurant that gave you ONE muthafuckin' bag of fries?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2007, 11:44:59 AM »

say you ordered some fries at a restaurant and the restaurant put one or two individual fuckin' french fries on each and every table in the place and told you to round 'em up...would you eat there or would you eat at a restaurant that gave you ONE muthafuckin' bag of fries?

-T

quote of the year. nice one tanj.

but yeh, i aint up for collecting all these so called "dope" freestyles and remakes of songs. get a fucking album out! i may think of pickin it up. but like i said above i got sick and tired of waiting for a record from this guy, its been almost 10years since i was first checkin for this guy and i never got anythin. so once a record of his drops, i will take a look. but for now i aint bothered about a "announcement" or some bullshit "BOSS:2.7"...

edit: 400 posts!!  :banana_llama: :pimp:

d-nice

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »
I just think any buzz he had going for himself during and shortly after Death Row is gone. I feel like there is still a perception from people that he would do big numbers if he were to drop something this year, but he would have to have MAJOR marketing and promotion to have that and I don't know if he is going to get that at this point. I know in all the west coast forums Crooked is still a big deal but what about after you turn your computer off? I don't know. I just want him to put some dope material out and whatever it does, it does. I just think to lose that many years in not putting a official album out, it has hurt his buzz and it will take alot for it to get back to make others notice.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2007, 11:56:13 AM »

-T

quote of the year. nice one tanj.

but yeh, i aint up for collecting all these so called "dope" freestyles and remakes of songs. get a fucking album out! i may think of pickin it up. but like i said above i got sick and tired of waiting for a record from this guy, its been almost 10years since i was first checkin for this guy and i never got anythin. so once a record of his drops, i will take a look. but for now i aint bothered about a "announcement" or some bullshit "BOSS:2.7"...

edit: 400 posts!!  :banana_llama: :pimp:

props

for the record, that was no diss to you Leak, you the homey. that's just my thought though, ya know?

anyway, Leak...does crook have any mixtapes that are free of DJ drops? I'm down for that shit if someone could hook it up.
-T

westcoastavengers.com