Author Topic: Rakim Possible move to G-Unit  (Read 707 times)

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Rakim Possible move to G-Unit
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
Ever since the rapper left the Aftermath label in the summer of 2003, he seems to have struggled to find a home. After hearing about numerous offers from a number of recording labels, nothing was ever confirmed, but it seems as if 50's G-Unit may seal the deal with his one time idol as his artist.

This may not be a surprise as 50 Cent has already acquired established artists on his roster such as Mobb Deep, MOP, and was trying to acquire Mase before things with P Diddy went sour. In addition, it was rumored last year that the G-Unit general even tried to add the late Tupac Shakur's catalog onto his roster, promising to boost sales and bring better light to late rapper's posthumous remains.

If true, 50 Cent may be closer to sealing the deal than we think as the God MC performed for the G-Unit line on BET's Rip The Runway show.

If anything is ever confirmed, it will be interesting to see the reaction of Rakim followers as many established artists that have joined G-Unit Records such as Mobb Deep have been chastised and abandoned by some of their loyal fanbase for making the move.

streethop.com

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Rakim Possible move to G-Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:28:57 PM »
:o if it can actually give rakim nice exposure and beats and what not then its all good
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »
:o if it can actually give rakim nice exposure and beats and what not then its all good

That would be cool, and even greater if he sold some records, howerver I believe the great ones just know when to gracefully bow out.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »
Yeah great I'm dying to hear Rakim rap 3 verses while 50 sings a hook about being ready to pop off in the club cuz his heart turned cold  >:(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:47:38 PM »
I don't know about this. If he doesn't have to compromise his music and has 100% creative control than I say do it.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 09:51:41 PM »
Yeah great I'm dying to hear Rakim rap 3 verses while 50 sings a hook about being ready to pop off in the club cuz his heart turned cold  >:(

LOL

I haven't heard any recent music from the R , but for those who have, do you think he stills has the great lyrics that solidified him in the game?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 11:13:55 PM »
At this point, I don't even care who he's signed to, as long as he releases an album.  We're going on 8 years now, it's getting ridiculous.

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 02:48:23 AM »
Remember when Kokane was supposedly signing to G-Unit?  Remember when Daz said he and Kurupt were signing to G-Unit?  Remember when it was rumored Guerilla Black was signing?

There have been constant rumors going back and forth about who's signing and who ain't.  I highly doubt this is true.

TRG

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 02:51:07 AM »
no way

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 03:06:23 AM »
Rakim singing with G-Unit
AZ signing with Dipset

Backpackers worst nightmare.

Could happen, Rakim is 50s idol, 50 liked Mobb Deep and M.O.P. too and we all know what happened.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 03:14:44 AM »

LMFAO +1

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 03:32:53 AM »

LMFAO +1

everlast1986

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 08:57:52 AM »
remember that Kool G Rap rumor too

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »
lol it will be Grandmaster Flash signing to G-Unit next. 50 can sing the hook on an Eminem remix of 'The Message'.

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »
 :o

please no. please...