Author Topic: Cali Iz Active shits on Dogg Chit!  (Read 954 times)

d-nice

Re: Cali Iz Active shits on Dogg Chit!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 10:44:33 PM »
I have done good so far. I am going to pick this up along with Redman and Young Buck on Tuesday. Just sit back and vibe to it for a bit.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 12:39:49 AM »
after one listen-----

my DPG rankings of they albums is now

dogg food -- 6/5
dillinger n gotti 1 -- 5/5

dillinger n gotti 2 -- 4/5
dogg chit --  4/5

cali iz active -- 3/5

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 01:41:37 AM »
after one listen-----

dogg food -- 6/5
dillinger n gotti 1 -- 5/5
dogg chit --  4/5
cali iz active -- 4/5
last of tha pound -- 3.5/5
dillinger n gotti 2 -- 3/5

The.Game

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 03:21:49 AM »
This is the one thing I can't stand about this forum. There's always someone who has to go against the grain just to get someone to agree with them. "Dogg Chit" garbage? Let's be real. This is easily their best album since "Dogg Food".

"Cali iz Active" was utter bullshiet.

Real Talk Ova Here!
I Cant Listen To Some Of The Shit On Cali Iz Active
Nigga Please How Can You Say CIA Is A Good Album It Had Paul Wall On That Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On The Other Hand Dogg Chit Is Fucking Amazing Almost Not One Skipable Track...
Its a 4.5/5 To Me And CIA Is Like 2.99/5 << WACK

If The Good Die Young? Then The Greats Go To jail

~Lucien~

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 05:10:49 AM »
LUCIEN MY NIGGA, U R THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A NEW YOUNG FAN OF MUSIK LIKE THIS. I CAN TELL U JUS STARTED LISTENIN TO WESTCOAST RAP, DPG JUS WENT BACK TO THEIR ROOTS NIGGA. CALI IS ACTIVE WAS EVERYTHING BUT CALI, THAT SHYT WAS COMMERCIAL AND FULL OF DOWN SOUTH RAPPERS. IT SHOULDA NEVER BEEN CALLED CALI IS ACTIVE........................DOGG CHIT IS LIKE STILLMATIC WAS TO ILLMATIC A PERFECT FOLLOW UP 10 YEARS LATE.............. 

I listen west coast rap since '90-'91... I'm not new to the rap game. this is just my opinion.
I like quality music. good mixing and good mastering. I have good ears you know  ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:15:12 AM by ~Lucien~ »

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 05:54:09 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks Cali Iz Active shits on Dogg Chit? I mean lyrics, beats, mastering & mixing. Dogg Chit is garbage. Period! The only postive thing about Dogg Chit are the features. Oh yeah Brotha Lynch Hung & BG Knocc Out killed it! I don't see Dogg Chit as a real album but as fast money... without Snoop overseeing DPG projects it's trash...

Definetely NOT. You should go to a doctor and let him your taste buds ;)
I think u are a mainstream cat, otherwise I don't understand why u saying that. CIA is cool, but Dogg Chit is hella better.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

EFFeX

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 06:25:03 AM »
I dunno ya'll... Dogg Chit is insane, but I am still feelin' Dogg Food, D&YG and The Saga Continuez more...Just my opinion.

Paul

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 12:55:05 PM »
cuz tha first D&G was dope as fuck a near classic to me
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 01:00:02 PM »
Doog Food - 5/5
Dogg Chit - 4/5
D&G - 3.75/5
2002 - 3.5/5
Last Of Tha Pound - 3.25/5
Cali Iz Active - 2.75/5
D&GII - 2.5/5
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »
This is the one thing I can't stand about this forum. There's always someone who has to go against the grain just to get someone to agree with them. "Dogg Chit" garbage? Let's be real. This is easily their best album since "Dogg Food".

"Cali iz Active" was utter bullshiet.
word.. close the thread

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 01:29:03 PM »
dogg chit was a whole lot of nothin to me, im a huge dpg fan but it was garbage if we wanna be realistic

basically content wise its the same topics as any other dpg cd like dogg food(im gangsta, fuck hos etc), but musically daz fell off...lyrically kurupt is wack, the guest features were dope, but that last track just sounded so poorly constructed i couldnt even enjoy it

through the whole album they arent saying a damn thing...ive heard them rap about being super gangstas for over 10 years, at least back in the day they were at their prime and the tracks were dope

these are second rate..shit 3rd rate even....people just want the dogg pound back so much they lie to themselves every single release

D&G II - garbage
CIA - garbage
SDDS - garbage
dogg chit - garbage

Daz so so gangsta was ok

D&G was the last time dogg pound put out a good cd....kurupt just sounds lost in this music like he doesnt even wanna be rappin, daz rappin has improved but his beats are weak

but hey if u guys liked this your in for a treat cause it looks like they puttin out another 6 of these type albums out in the next year...

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »
dogg chit was a whole lot of nothin to me, im a huge dpg fan but it was garbage if we wanna be realistic

basically content wise its the same topics as any other dpg cd like dogg food(im gangsta, fuck hos etc), but musically daz fell off...lyrically kurupt is wack, the guest features were dope, but that last track just sounded so poorly constructed i couldnt even enjoy it

through the whole album they arent saying a damn thing...ive heard them rap about being super gangstas for over 10 years, at least back in the day they were at their prime and the tracks were dope

these are second rate..shit 3rd rate even....people just want the dogg pound back so much they lie to themselves every single release

D&G II - garbage
CIA - garbage
SDDS - garbage
dogg chit - garbage

Daz so so gangsta was ok

D&G was the last time dogg pound put out a good cd....kurupt just sounds lost in this music like he doesnt even wanna be rappin, daz rappin has improved but his beats are weak

but hey if u guys liked this your in for a treat cause it looks like they puttin out another 6 of these type albums out in the next year...

i agree there content is always the same. but most rappers are like that anyway. I don't see how you can be a DPG can & complain about content, because that's nothing new. I find it funny that you complain about content, but you like the D&G album which includes tracks like "we livin gangsta like", "we about to get fucc", "gitta strippin", "you're just a bitch", "here we are and go killem", "im'a gangsta". Kurupt has actually improved as of recently, granted he drops a few weak verses on the album, but most rappers do here and there over the course of an entire album. The production on this album is AMAZING. can't wait for them 6 albums :D ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »
Cali Iz Active was about as commercial as you can get, im looking forward to hearing dogg chit because i know it wont be anything like cali iz active.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
Cali Iz Active was about as commercial as you can get, im looking forward to hearing dogg chit because i know it wont be anything like cali iz active.

its not at all. your in for a real treat

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »

D&G II - garbage
CIA - garbage
SDDS - garbage
dogg chit - garbage

Daz so so gangsta was ok

i agree there content is always the same. but most rappers are like that anyway. I don't see how you can be a DPG can & complain about content, because that's nothing new. I find it funny that you complain about content, but you like the D&G album which includes tracks like "we livin gangsta like", "we about to get fucc", "gitta strippin", "you're just a bitch", "here we are and go killem", "im'a gangsta". Kurupt has actually improved as of recently, granted he drops a few weak verses on the album, but most rappers do here and there over the course of an entire album. The production on this album is AMAZING. can't wait for them 6 albums :D ;D

because at least on D&G kurupt was spittin! the beats were better...yes the topics were the same but the quality of production and lyrics were good so it was enjoyable, my point is if your gonna rap about the same topic youve been rapping about for over 10 years you gotta be able to at least stay on par quality wise, if not ill throw your new cd in the trash and just bump ur hottest cd since your rapping about the same damn thing on that!

this new cd doesnt even sound like it was sent in to be mixed and mastered....as much as daz and kurupt are likeable(daz for his crazy stunts, kurupt just seems cool as fuck) their new music is garbage

i think whats happened is...cali is active was so hyped...and so wack....that people are just glad to hear this cd...