Author Topic: Cali Iz Active shits on Dogg Chit!  (Read 972 times)

Lunatic

Re: Cali Iz Active shits on Dogg Chit!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 02:10:54 PM »
dogg chit was a whole lot of nothin to me, im a huge dpg fan but it was garbage if we wanna be realistic

basically content wise its the same topics as any other dpg cd like dogg food(im gangsta, fuck hos etc), but musically daz fell off...lyrically kurupt is wack, the guest features were dope, but that last track just sounded so poorly constructed i couldnt even enjoy it

through the whole album they arent saying a damn thing...ive heard them rap about being super gangstas for over 10 years, at least back in the day they were at their prime and the tracks were dope

these are second rate..shit 3rd rate even....people just want the dogg pound back so much they lie to themselves every single release

D&G II - garbage
CIA - garbage
SDDS - garbage
dogg chit - garbage

Daz so so gangsta was ok

D&G was the last time dogg pound put out a good cd....kurupt just sounds lost in this music like he doesnt even wanna be rappin, daz rappin has improved but his beats are weak

but hey if u guys liked this your in for a treat cause it looks like they puttin out another 6 of these type albums out in the next year...

i agree there content is always the same. but most rappers are like that anyway. I don't see how you can be a DPG can & complain about content, because that's nothing new. I find it funny that you complain about content, but you like the D&G album which includes tracks like "we livin gangsta like", "we about to get fucc", "gitta strippin", "you're just a bitch", "here we are and go killem", "im'a gangsta". Kurupt has actually improved as of recently, granted he drops a few weak verses on the album, but most rappers do here and there over the course of an entire album. The production on this album is AMAZING. can't wait for them 6 albums :D ;D

because at least on D&G kurupt was spittin! the beats were better...yes the topics were the same but the quality of production and lyrics were good so it was enjoyable, my point is if your gonna rap about the same topic youve been rapping about for over 10 years you gotta be able to at least stay on par quality wise, if not ill throw your new cd in the trash and just bump ur hottest cd since your rapping about the same damn thing on that!

this new cd doesnt even sound like it was sent in to be mixed and mastered....as much as daz and kurupt are likeable(daz for his crazy stunts, kurupt just seems cool as fuck) their new music is garbage

i think whats happened is...cali is active was so hyped...and so wack....that people are just glad to hear this cd...

that ain't it to me. The production on this album is simply DOPE. And only 4 filler tracks in my mind outta 17 (IMO) is a plus as well
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 02:16:39 PM »
dogg chit was a whole lot of nothin to me, im a huge dpg fan but it was garbage if we wanna be realistic

basically content wise its the same topics as any other dpg cd like dogg food(im gangsta, fuck hos etc), but musically daz fell off...lyrically kurupt is wack, the guest features were dope, but that last track just sounded so poorly constructed i couldnt even enjoy it

through the whole album they arent saying a damn thing...ive heard them rap about being super gangstas for over 10 years, at least back in the day they were at their prime and the tracks were dope

these are second rate..shit 3rd rate even....people just want the dogg pound back so much they lie to themselves every single release

D&G II - garbage
CIA - garbage
SDDS - garbage
dogg chit - garbage

Daz so so gangsta was ok

D&G was the last time dogg pound put out a good cd....kurupt just sounds lost in this music like he doesnt even wanna be rappin, daz rappin has improved but his beats are weak

but hey if u guys liked this your in for a treat cause it looks like they puttin out another 6 of these type albums out in the next year...

i agree there content is always the same. but most rappers are like that anyway. I don't see how you can be a DPG can & complain about content, because that's nothing new. I find it funny that you complain about content, but you like the D&G album which includes tracks like "we livin gangsta like", "we about to get fucc", "gitta strippin", "you're just a bitch", "here we are and go killem", "im'a gangsta". Kurupt has actually improved as of recently, granted he drops a few weak verses on the album, but most rappers do here and there over the course of an entire album. The production on this album is AMAZING. can't wait for them 6 albums :D ;D

because at least on D&G kurupt was spittin! the beats were better...yes the topics were the same but the quality of production and lyrics were good so it was enjoyable, my point is if your gonna rap about the same topic youve been rapping about for over 10 years you gotta be able to at least stay on par quality wise, if not ill throw your new cd in the trash and just bump ur hottest cd since your rapping about the same damn thing on that!

this new cd doesnt even sound like it was sent in to be mixed and mastered....as much as daz and kurupt are likeable(daz for his crazy stunts, kurupt just seems cool as fuck) their new music is garbage

i think whats happened is...cali is active was so hyped...and so wack....that people are just glad to hear this cd...

If people are looking for DPG to give they opinion on Iraq or Barack Obama, you are listening to the wrong music. Saying they are not the same as Death Row is like beating a dead dog. I personally liked SDDS, is it Death Row Kurupt? Hell no, neither was Tha Streetz. Now I have not heard Dogg Chit but for the tracks that came out on this site but as long as the music is solid from them, I'll bump it. Kurupt summed up his music the best to me on dubcnn last year and this is the way I look at their music:

Kurupt: We'll do records that take our time, and we do records that we put together and throw it to the game. But I don't really have an opinion, I'm too old man, I'm 33 years old. Like the fans with the 'tell me this, tell me that', I wanna give people the music I can, that's what Daz is gonna do. You know, we don't make mixtapes, but we'll take records that we made at the house and put them together and throw the to the game. It's for our fans, and it's also for ourselves, it's something that we wanna do. If the people don't like the record, hey what can I tell them. Don't buy the motherfucker, but I'm not finna debate with people and play that game. Dogg Pound Gangstas are legends. We're in our late 30's almost. We don't have the energy to play the 'This person thinks that about y'all, what do you think what they think?'. We gonna give the best music we can give you.

But the records that we just grabbed from the house and put them together and said 'Hey lets throw this out real quick before we drop the main record, that's what we feel like doing at the time, that's what we gonna do. It might not be for everybody, and we're not mad at that. That's their opinion, that's what they do! But it's not gonna stop us from throwing the records we wanna throw to the people. And as far as "Dillinger & Young Gotti 2", that wasn't a rush, that's underground. Actually it's classic cause it's the first record released with me and Daz getting back together. The first thing you know? So to us it's like 'Hey, get people something real cool, show them how we're just clowning out in the studio and having a ball, while we work on the record that Snoopy is overseeing for us. So you can love it or leave it alone. We don't really have opinions (laughs). But that's no disrespect to none of the fans.

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 02:24:47 PM »
I guess my thing is if people are fans of DPG and every album to that person after Dogg Food is garbage:

1) When do you give up and stop listening to them?

2) Why would you continue to get their albums?

3) Why would you still call yourself a fan? It's obvious ya don't like them anymore so move on to something else.

Actually that could go for the whole crew, Snoop included.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:29:23 PM by d-nice »

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 02:25:48 PM »
I guess my thing is if people are fans of DPG and every album to that person after Dogg Food is garbage:

1) When do you give up and stop listening to them?

2) Why would you continue to get their albums?

3) Why would you still call yourself a fan? It's obvious ya don't like them anymore so move on to something else.

props on that

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 03:14:54 PM »
Lunatic and D-nice for the win.

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »
Lunatic and D-nice for the win.

lol, yee that homie

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »
it's like jazz...what are jazz musicians jazzin' about? ain't no words, but they make it sound dope and its expressive on other levels. that's west coast rap. east coast rap is street poetry, less about sonically pleasing (ie: rza's atonal kind of grating eery sounds) more about lyrical content (nas, rakim etc.) whereas west coast rap is music, funk (snoop never said a damn thing on his dopest songs: gz and hustlaz, the shiznit but it sounds dope) not at all about lyrical content but about how the song sounds over-all.

so gangsta-ology is the group of words they have to isntrumentate with, that's not the message, it's the format.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »
it's like jazz...what are jazz musicians jazzin' about? ain't no words, but they make it sound dope and its expressive on other levels. that's west coast rap. east coast rap is street poetry, less about sonically pleasing (ie: rza's atonal kind of grating eery sounds) more about lyrical content (nas, rakim etc.) whereas west coast rap is music, funk (snoop never said a damn thing on his dopest songs: gz and hustlaz, the shiznit but it sounds dope) not at all about lyrical content but about how the song sounds over-all.

so gangsta-ology is the group of words they have to isntrumentate with, that's not the message, it's the format.
-T
that was one of the tightest posts I've ever read on this/a forum.  MAJOR props for that shit man, that's so damn true.

As far as Dogg Chit goes, damn I've been waiting for my midterms to be done so I can bump this when I'm in a good mood, and although I'm only on the track with Too Short, I'm not happy with it at all.  The production is just generic "hardcore" shit, there's nothing g-funky about it at all, it doesn't sound like a DPG album, yet its not hard enough to work as pump up music.  I can already tell that this is probably gonna be my least favorite DPG album.  I can't see how anyone could say that this is better than Dillinger & Young Gotti.  And yeah, the CD sounds like shit, I hope this is just a bad rip cuz that shit was hurting my ears in the car, if anyone has a subwoofer in their car, be careful!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »

-T
that was one of the tightest posts I've ever read on this/a forum.  MAJOR props for that shit man, that's so damn true.

As far as Dogg Chit goes, damn I've been waiting for my midterms to be done so I can bump this when I'm in a good mood, and although I'm only on the track with Too Short, I'm not happy with it at all.  The production is just generic "hardcore" shit, there's nothing g-funky about it at all, it doesn't sound like a DPG album, yet its not hard enough to work as pump up music.  I can already tell that this is probably gonna be my least favorite DPG album.  I can't see how anyone could say that this is better than Dillinger & Young Gotti.  And yeah, the CD sounds like shit, I hope this is just a bad rip cuz that shit was hurting my ears in the car, if anyone has a subwoofer in their car, be careful!

hah, props

damn, I was looking forward to this record alot till you posted that. still gonna buy it on first day. -T

westcoastavengers.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 04:19:27 PM »
Dogg Food
D&G 1 (Lyrically better then Dogg Chit)
Dogg Chit
D&g 2
CIA

The Best of 3 Worlds

Soopa2Fly

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 04:45:47 PM »
I agree with most people here.. if you've never really liked DPG and want some meaningful music look elsewhere.

There are plenty of gfunk songs: Anybody Killa, Vibe, Can't Get Enough (w/ Too Short), Dat Aint My Baby, 1 N 1 Out, Where U From, Throw Ya Hood Up, Itz A Good Azz Day, Pull Ya Drawz Down

The style of the rest songs are DYG 2 meets RAW, Daz's new hard uptempo style shit.

As far as the sound quality I don't have any issues, you must have a bad rip.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:47:29 PM by Soopa2Fly »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »
I agree with most people here.. if you've never really liked DPG and want some meaningful music look elsewhere.

There are plenty of gfunk songs: Anybody Killa, Vibe, Can't Get Enough (w/ Too Short), Dat Aint My Baby, 1 N 1 Out, Where U From, Throw Ya Hood Up, Itz A Good Azz Day, Pull Ya Drawz Down

The style of the rest songs are DYG 2 meets RAW, Daz's new hard uptempo style shit.

i didn't consider 1 n1 out g funk. if THAT'S funky, i'm scared about the tracks you said were not funky.

but i'm still excited as shit about this

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Soopa2Fly

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »

i didn't consider 1 n1 out g funk. if THAT'S funky, i'm scared about the tracks you said were not funky.

-T

Really?? The melody and the piano sounds gfunk. The beat not so much, but the instrumental.. yes.

Lunatic

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 04:58:22 PM »

-T

I was bout to say the same thing. 1 N 1 Out is NOT g-funk AT ALL. but don't worry Tanj, plenty of g-funk on here. everybody, vibe, can't get enough, where u from, good azz day (especially this 1), throw ya hood up are all smooth g-funk (if i member correctly, not 100% on all of them).

Also EDizzle, perhaps your not enjoying the album because of the quality? you did complain about it

thisoneguy360

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 05:28:23 PM »
This is way better than that Bullshit CIA album, stay off the crack man  :laugh: